Vintage designer clothing
- Chanel - Valentino - Gianni Versace - Armani - Calvin Klein - Ralph Lauren - Gucci - Dior
Leatherbound book collection
- building a library worth passing to my son one day...
Fashion designer books
- Coco Chanel - Halston - Calvin Klein - Donna Karan - Tom Ford - Giorgio Armani - Valentino
Decor collections -
- cinnabar carved plates (some medium sized and some small) and mini boxes
- - - mixed with:
- capiz shell accessories - presentation bowl - display plates - covered boxes
- black and white marble accessories for kitchen and family room
- - Kitchen - bread board - rolling pin - cheese trays - spoon rest - utensil holders - salt & pepper mills
- - Family room - chess set, art pedestals, 'cube' design side tables, and candle plates
- seashell collection
- - most purchased - a few from scuba diving
- - - arranged on glass shelves in the living room
- vintage (1950's) Murano glass pieces - very modern in design
- 'The Wall of Masks' - hung in the bedroom hallway
- - Asian - African - South American
- - also a few on pedestals in the library
- Waterford crystal - 'Lismore' pattern
- - stemware collection - balloon wine glasses, champagne flutes, old-fashioneds, double old-fashioneds
- - lamps for bedroom - bowls for the vanity
- black and white photography in white mats with black core
- - Ansel Adams
- - Steven Meyers
- illustrations by Ty Wilson
- box framed prints by Georgia O'Keeffe
- a small collection of Henri Mattisse posters transferred onto canvas
This list might look like a lot of belongings - but I decorate in 'collections'. I've just listed most of what I own. For example, the only accessories in the kitchen and adjoining family room are marble and the rooms actually are quite sparse in decor. The artwork for the family room is the collection of Ansel Adams' black & white matted prints displayed on glass shelves.
__________________ I have the simplest of taste. I am always satisfied with the best. - Oscar Wilde -
im pretty boring haha, im not really a collecting type of person, i like to have a small collection of various things but they last only a period of time
i "collect" dvds...films and such
i suppose i also "collect" my own drawings haha
YSL magazine spreads
Anna Sui paper bags & catalogues
vintage floral dresses & white blouses
DVDs & soundtracks of French movies
CDs of indie music
tickets of cinema
Concert and cinema tickets -- I've got them all! Since I first stepped foot in the theatres. Penguins, and I used to collect Iselin Steiro and Stam editorials/ads. I also have a crazy collection of Angelina Jolie magazine covers, although it wasn't a conscious decision to collect her. I stopped when she was in Vanity Fair with Keira, Scarlett & Tom Ford on the cover. I hated that cover so much I couldn't bare buying it, despite her presence.
in the female prison there are seventy women and i wish it was with them that i did dwell
Coins, the non-standard UK ones, from Guernsey and so on, because of the pictures they have on them of ancient monuments and animal life.
Also, any old coin that I find - frequently when you're walking across fields that have been recently turned, some old sixpence and a lot of pottery sees the light of day again, and while the pottery can stay put, the coin gets a new home. The local museum has a whole section devoted to it - numismatics - but looking at them in a display case isn't anywhere near as much fun as randomly finding them in the world around you, and wondering whose hands they've been in before yours.
__________________ You're perfect, yes, it's true. But without me, you're only you.