How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Art & Design
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

12-11-2008
backstage pass

i used to collect basketball trading cards or stamps or football or dragonball cards or stickers and even magic cards but i threw almost everything away except stamps.
i know they worth alot over the decade or something.
i collect figuring or vinyl toys now.
i do keep alot of newspapers ads or fashion catalogs and even namecards and flyers and posters and dvds too.

i have lots of books and magazines as well.

12-11-2008
V.I.P.

This is horrifying but I collect the Wizard of Oz dolls from McDonald's Happy Meals. I have all of them. LOL!

13-11-2008
fashion elite

fashion magazines.

15-11-2008
V.I.P.

^How many do you have?

windowshopping

I collect names...whenever I see or hear a name I like, I write it down and find out and record the meaning and the name's origins. I have thousands. Guess it'll be useful if and when I ever have a baby!

22-12-2008
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by neverland&stars View Post
I collect names...whenever I see or hear a name I like, I write it down and find out and record the meaning and the name's origins. I have thousands. Guess it'll be useful if and when I ever have a baby!
I used to do that too! Then i realized i had too many written down and wouldn't be able to pick any for my future kids so i stopped

I collect vinyl toys, magazines and wrapping paper. I love framing them!

scenester

teapots, tea cups, vintage coloured glassware

22-02-2009
trendsetter

I collect pictures. I have a HUGE archive. I cut them out of magazines, save them on my computer. Everywhere. Whenever I see something beautiful I photograph it.

I love pictures

17-03-2009
scenester

i recently started with a collection of fairytales and also myths. found so many old books from past times (my own and also very old -and very beautiful- ones from my mum and grandmother!). also, there are so many people giving them away for free at flea markets so i just take the most beautiful ones with me
i already have all from brothers grimm and also many foreign ones now! especially the nordic storys are very beautiful... sweden, norway, iceland they have the most beautiful and special fairytales.

19-03-2009
fashion insider

fashion magazines (I might blow them up and hang some of them. Kinda going for the Vogue Paris' offices look.)
fashion books / dvds
i also collect my fashion illos

empaulio: I would love to collect shopping bags! I'll start when I go to NYC this summer.

19-03-2009
front row

I don't know idf it counts, but I keep all my favourite editorials from Vogue and keep them in a big box. I sort them by photographer, mostly.
50% are Tim Walker

front row

I have many collections not really related to one another, I guess I go for what interest me at the time.

For example, when I was younger I collected marbles ... And I had 3 special ones that I got from spray paint containers ... It was dangerous but the transparent dark blue color really made them the kings and queens of my collection! I still have that collection.

Then I collected, tiny things that where meant to be big, and big things that where meant to be tiny. Like small cars, small figurines, big safety pins, just to give you an idea.

Then horses ... then toy story dolls ... Among them cute toys ( I was a boy then ...)

Now I go for the rare collectors items.

Like vinyl toys, visionaire issues, rare photo books, vintage paperweights, patern boxes and things. And those metal puzzles that require you to think ...

But my biggest collection has to be: High Fashion Magazines! & High Fashion store display posters!

I just love glossy posters or any fashion poster.

Oh I almost forgot!
A large collection of music and foreign films.

I also started "collecting"clothing and shoes ...

Sick little boy ...

windowshopping

I collect these paperboardtubes from toilet paper (I have no idea how do you call this in english)for my pets and posters of the theatre
Recently I started a collection of piano sheets.

Last edited by Lin.; 20-03-2009 at 03:40 PM.
20-03-2009
front row

Fashion magazines... too many to count, they're swallowing up my room at an alarming rate.

20-03-2009
V.I.P.

Anything bird related, currently have: clothes, art, hooks, vases and jewellery all with birds on.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
collect