How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Trend Spotting / Streetstyle
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

09-07-2011
windowshopping

I'm Venezuelan, but i live in Argentina. There's a lot of people that dress really nice here, sometimes i take pictures with my camera, usually on festivals*

Last edited by MulletProof; 09-07-2011 at 04:29 PM. Reason: self-promotion.

24-09-2011
trendsetter

30-04-2012
V.I.P.

Does anyone else follow Chicas Bondi? I'm in love with the photographer's work! .. I know it's not primarily fashion-oriented and it's more about girls the guy/girl either 'approves' in some context but I still like that you get a general picture of Argentinian girls' style and in such a familiar place like buses (I remember I hated colectivos so much when living there, now I just want to go back and imagine who I'd photograph ).

bondi1.jpgbondi2.jpg

bondi3.jpgbondi4.jpg

bondi5.jpgbondi6.jpg

bondi7.jpgbondi8.jpg

bondi9.jpgbondi10.jpg
[pinterest.com/chicasbondi]

What I love the most is that it finally breaks away from the 'strike a pose' tradition of most streetstyle blogs that no matter how good they are, you know it's all fabricated to appeal in a certain way.. this still is but the model doesn't know it!

Last edited by MulletProof; 30-04-2012 at 05:53 PM.
30-04-2012
V.I.P.

bondi11.jpgbondi12.jpg

bondi13.jpgbondi14.jpg

bondi15.jpgbondi16.jpg

bondi17.jpgbondi18.jpg

V.I.P.

bondi19.jpgbondi20.jpg

bondi22.jpgbondi21.jpg

bondi23.jpgbondi24.jpg

bondi25.jpgbondi26.jpg

bondi27.jpgbondi28.jpg

fashion elite

I see the typical "Rosario, Agustina or Flo" ahahaha very argentinian specially the way this girl use the hair.

From all Latin america, Buenos Aires is def. the most chic city of all, where you can find the most diverse styles.

chaos reigns

Quote:
Originally Posted by models_vlada View Post
I see the typical "Rosario, Agustina or Flo" ahahaha very argentinian specially the way this girl use the hair.

From all Latin america, Buenos Aires is def. the most chic city of all, where you can find the most diverse styles.
Thats QUITE a statement you put in there, dear. And even though I agree it must be the chicest city, I SO disagree about the most diverse styles. Brazil blows Argentina out of the water, not solely based on its cultural diversity, but in a key factor : the economy.

fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by models_vlada View Post

I was born and I actually come and go to Argentina all the time, I work in fashion, NY, Europe and Buenos Aires, and I can ASSURE, that the Argentinian fashion culture is VERY poor, they think they know, when they don't know how to dress, someone said CLOWN dress style, I nod. Sometimes I even laugh.

Last edited by MulletProof; 01-05-2012 at 03:19 PM. Reason: Caps. See internet etiquette, please.
01-05-2012
V.I.P.

I agree with Ultramarine about Buenos Aires' average style not being diverse, and I don't think it's particularly chic either. What sets it apart from a lot of cities in my opinion is the fact that regardless of the amount of trends someone's wearing, or brands or repetitive looks, most girls, even pre-adolescent ones, seem to have an excellent sense of proportion, which you don't find in places like New York for example, it goes beyond 'fashion', it's about upbringing and a culture of textiles and being in contact with clothes of different eras that is very much alive there, while in places like New York you often find someone in great ensembles that could've been much better if the person had dropped a certain item or loosen it up or whatever, such criticism rarely happened in Buenos Aires for me (except for the strange love for gigantic sneakers and other type of sportswear but that's beside the point). Even when girls would be wearing a sweater that I would never wear myself in a million years, there was a way of carrying that sweater that just looked quite.. cool.. and it was probably due to the sizing in trousers, what they did (or didn't do) with their hair, jewelry, etc..

It's funny because the only people that did look quite risible to me were the 'concheta' girls that would overvalue life or trips abroad and thought that gave them automatic authority to establish what is or isn't good style.. when they, in their treasured Forever 21/Wang outfits, probably looked cheaper than a girl in the so-called 'cloned'/CLOWN local stuff. No offense.

Last edited by MulletProof; 01-05-2012 at 03:32 PM.
01-05-2012
fashion elite

None taken, and you have a point on the ‘conchetas’ (i hate that word by the way) I couldn't have explain it better. Although, I don’t see the cool carrying of the outfits, which is a personal way of seeing the whole B.A. style. Anyway, I think your view was quite judgmental and a little personal after my response.
As a person who doesn’t overvalue trips and even less life, I can say that fashion sense in Argentina is really really poor, and I am blessed to have the opportunities I have to be able to discern between a fashion culture and bad copy cat, bad style or whatever. So, I think trips are beside the point here, but the ability to see clear is what really pays part. That’s all.

Last edited by Bellechloe; 01-05-2012 at 05:23 PM.
01-05-2012
V.I.P.

And I'm very happy for your opportunities, I merely made a point on the original comparison you brought up based on other places and what you do in your private life, which doesn't really validate a subjective understanding of what sense of fashion or style is no matter how many magazines or blogs and other outlets (destined to make money) tell you otherwise for very obvious purposes.

fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by MulletProof View Post
And I'm very happy for your opportunities, I merely made a point on the original comparison you brought up based on other places and what you do in your private life, which doesn't really validate a subjective understanding of what sense of fashion or style is no matter how many magazines or blogs and other outlets (destined to make money) tell you otherwise for very obvious purposes.
I actually don’t follow too many blogs so I’m not sure what fashion should be on their eyes, I just commented regarding my own views and again, experiences.
I can say I agree with you. We have different points of view that’s all. I just gave an opinion as a member, maybe took it a little bit personal.
I hope I didn’t tease you, I genuinely think you have avery smart say on the subject. xx

Last edited by Bellechloe; 01-05-2012 at 06:32 PM.
01-05-2012
V.I.P.

Yeah, it's best to agree to disagree in this kind of subject, especially as perceptions are clearly rooted on background. One thing that is positive about all of this is the degree of criticism you have towards your own culture.. I guess it's part of feeling compromised and wanting things to move forward and faster.

Perhaps the Argentinian fashion scene does need more diversity but also stimulation.. finding pride in having an identity for better or for worse and NOT looking like other countries.. I think it's slightly better for a city to have people with a perhaps too distinguished style than for a city to absorb everything from all the others and look too much like all the others too.

fashion elite

Yeah well, my level of criticism actually reflects I’m not compromised with it, I truly couldn’t care less if it moves back or forward. I was just giving an opinion of what I see when I’m there. Anyway, it’s been interesting! Thank you.

V.I.P.

Any time..

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
argentina, street, style