How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Trend Spotting / Streetstyle
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

01-05-2012
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultramarine View Post
Thats QUITE a statement you put in there, dear. And even though I agree it must be the chicest city, I SO disagree about the most diverse styles. Brazil blows Argentina out of the water, not solely based on its cultural diversity, but in a key factor : the economy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellechloe View Post
I was born and I actually come and go to Argentina all the time, I work in fashion, NY, Europe and Buenos Aires, and I can ASSURE, that the Argentinian fashion culture is VERY poor, they think they know, when they don't know how to dress, someone said CLOWN dress style, I nod. Sometimes I even laugh.
I would not compare in any case Argentina with Europe or NY, since it's obviously that the seconds are much more stylish, since they impose the trends that arrive down here like 1 or 2 years later Just saying Bs. Aires it's the most chic city in Latinamerica.

I do have to recognize i exaggerated with the "diversity" comment, but i was probably thinking about how argentinians girls dare to use elements that people in their partners countries don't use, like the use of high-heels or playing styles with their hair.

About Brazil, i don't know... to me they all seem to dress the same, and it seems like the average person just wears the garment that works better to weather the heat.

It's probably late for a reply, but i now realize how poorly stated was my previous comment.

01-05-2012
chaos reigns

That is why I say that Brazil has much better style than any other city in Latinamerica: They dont TRY to copy the style from other cities of the northern hemisphere, they adapt it to THEIR climate and make it work.

And you been to Argentina, darling? Buenos Aires is beautiful beautiful, but what I see here on the streetstyle forums is a very isolated part of what argentinian streetstyle ACTUAL argentinian streetstyle is about.

The only argentinian trend that spread on other latinamerican countries was the one for "floggers" and imho, I dont think it was the best one

fashion elite

Well that's true, Argentina grabs European trends, and they don't innovate in anything particular related with their specific culture. And i also agree that Brazil doesn't copy trends from the northern hemisphere, but tbh, even though the Brazilian runways are amazing, the average person streetstyle honestly doesn't differ much from a country during their summer time, you always only see shorts, t-shirts, sneakers, anything special.

TBH i've only been once in Bs. Aires , but many times in cities like Mendoza, Bariloche and Cordoba. So maybe my opinion about Bs. Aires is shortened to a few moments in which i see great style.

PD: OMG you just remind of the floggers that was the most annoying trend i can remember, the worse it's that it was like some sort of an invasion, they were everywhere, and then it was really popular in Chile and Argentina.

Last edited by models_vlada; 01-05-2012 at 11:41 PM.
02-05-2012
chaos reigns

Awww .. and yes, believe, querido, Im trying to forget about the floggers as hard as I can (and they didnt span all the way over here) :s

unspecified

When the floggers where gone, some others came and took that horrid place. Now we have wachiturros, which I hardly know what they are.
All I see in argentina' style are clones. You can see it in the windows displays, all the same crap. Every now and then, you get someone free-er with fashion, and they are most likely to be on this thread.
Even if brazilians stick to shorts and skimpy dresses, they do it freely, you can tell there's a love for colour everywhere.

http://pilchero.wordpress.com/ - Very Personal Style
03-05-2012
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petit Lucille View Post
When the floggers where gone, some others came and took that horrid place. Now we have wachiturros, which I hardly know what they are.
All I see in argentina' style are clones. You can see it in the windows displays, all the same crap. Every now and then, you get someone free-er with fashion, and they are most likely to be on this thread.
Even if brazilians stick to shorts and skimpy dresses, they do it freely, you can tell there's a love for colour everywhere.
CLONES. wow, so true.. so sad.

rising star

I been reading this topic and I agree with the last posts.I think here in Argentina it's very difficult to define a "national style" mainly because of the influence of european and nyc style. Nowadays almost all the brands (if not all of them) copy internacional brands(excluding (?) the "diseño de autor"). I think that is the main mistake because all the girls try to be trendy and end up looking like a shopping threw up on them. I see in the streets clones, like you said, girls with veeery long hair with ombré, tshirt, leggins and combat boots/creepers (ughh).
I think this is going to be very difficult to change because the influence of internacional street style that seems what the brands look for instead of looking here and try to find original people to use as an inspiration.

26-07-2014
V.I.P.

To keep it updated...

onthecornerstreetstyle blogspot

Tags
argentina, street, style