How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Trend Spotting / Streetstyle
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

03-06-2006
meet the press

Quote:
Originally Posted by kickassgood
i love the mullety hair girls have!
this style is huuuge..
many many many girls have this hair cut: messy short on the front and few longer hair on the back (usually on a little ponytail). they also have heavy bangs to the front, or to the side.

i particulary don't like this hair style, it makes them look all a-like and kinda boy-ish, which is really good on some girls.

04-06-2006
fashion icon

desire, from what fotolog where the pics you posted before?

mullety hair used to be in here but its passè now heh. i used to have it like that before. then i had it a la nicole richie and now short and in the process of growing out. heh. i seriously adore argentian style though

backstage pass

Wow, all these kids they've got these strong features, long hair and tanned long legs and they can pull off this daring kind of look somehow. And all latin people are simply gorgeous. I suspect they'd be able to pull off anything. lucky

06-06-2006
rising star

Nice! I really like the mullety hair style but it suits a few people. I liked it in those pictures!

06-06-2006
trendsetter

I've went in Argentina about few weeks ago,and I've really liked their style,I've thought in general their style is classic and sportish, I've really liked guy's hair,but I didn't liked this mullety hair at all...here in Brazil,this tipe of hair only the country singers like chitãozinho and xororó wear it!

07-06-2006
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel Yell
Wow, all these kids they've got these strong features, long hair and tanned long legs and they can pull off this daring kind of look somehow. And all latin people are simply gorgeous. I suspect they'd be able to pull off anything. lucky
Tanning is still very big in Argentina. Tanning salons are everywhere....
Younger and hipper people may skip it but women in their 30 and 40 love the tan look, paired with blonde hair.

Straighthened (ironed) hair is also big among the "tan pack"

08-06-2006
V.I.P.

great work guys!!!
so excited about the images!

gah, i love argentinians, not women to be honest.

the guy with the prints shirt in the first post of the second page...reminds me of babasonicos' guitarist. do i sound really out of context here or..does anybody know him?

backstage pass

the guy with the prints shirt in the first post of the second page...reminds me of babasonicos' guitarist

hahaha :p
Attached Images
File Type: jpg baba.jpg (102.2 KB, 19 views)

10-06-2006
front row

My colleague is from Mar del Plata, she says you have to be thin, thin thin... (flaca!) if you want to belong to the upper classes. Being fat is a sign of low class. Well, I guess not only in Argentina...

17-06-2006
windowshopping

los argentinos tenemos onda...jajaj! suena a creida, pero asi es!! ojo, no somos los unicos...
we´ve got style!!

17-06-2006
front row

The pictures from asia de cuba are fabulous.

24-06-2006
tfs star

i just stumbled on to this thread... and now i cant stop singing (from evita) "What's up!? buenos aires?"

chaos reigns

I dont think of bonaerenses or argentinians as latinamerican ... their cities are very much european-like as well as their appearance ... esp. the italian influence is VERY strong...

Most of my friends are a bit baffled by the fact that argentinian men has this just-rolled-out-of-bed look with their hair ... which seems to be the rule. :p

About style ... most of them are beautiful, but I prefer brazilian designers much more. (what's the name of that designer who shows in Bariloche who knocks off Dior and other designers season after season? Giordano?)

meet the press

^ Roberto Giordano's a hair stylist that has been doing these big runway shows for a while now. they used to be cool and fun to watch, but now i think it jst bored people. there weren't much hair styles to see anyways, just women half naked.

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultramarine
I dont think of bonaerenses or argentinians as latinamerican ... their cities are very much european-like as well as their appearance ... esp. the italian influence is VERY strong...

Most of my friends are a bit baffled by the fact that argentinian men has this just-rolled-out-of-bed look with their hair ... which seems to be the rule. :p

About style ... most of them are beautiful, but I prefer brazilian designers much more. (what's the name of that designer who shows in Bariloche who knocks off Dior and other designers season after season? Giordano?)

that's a rather surprising thought considering you're latin american and you're obviously aware it's not all ruffles, huge *** and red dresses anywhere you look at it, we're pretty alike in social standards but we also have variety in races, tastes and influences.

anyway, i love argentina, they're far from the heart of america and as ironic as it is, europe seems more on their reach as a point of reference but i guess it's that combination of gathering both american and european elements what makes them very latin americans...not 100% europenized whatsoever.

*im using america/n as the real term. nothing to do with one country in particular.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
argentina, street, style