How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Trend Spotting / Streetstyle
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

30-04-2009
windowshopping

30-04-2009
windowshopping

forgot to state that the above posts by me are style shots from Singapore.

08-05-2009
windowshopping

Snapped at Audi Fashion Festival, Singapore, After Gareth Pugh 's Fashion Show.

20-05-2009
windowshopping

28-05-2009
windowshopping

you can see seoul(south korea) street style here 'your boyhood' http://yourboyhood.blogspot.com/

25-02-2010
front row

I really like yourboyhood, it's like the photographer doesn't just show us their style but also tells us a little about them as personalities. Been a fan for years (in fact, it was where I first spotted Daul Kim- RIP)

11-05-2010
backstage pass

#200 - South Korean have superb style. Thanks for letting me know the blog

backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by kisa View Post
The people on the last page look like those candybar dolls you can make on the net! Maybe it's not high fashion style, but it's not like just regular people anywhere really follow trends and design to the extent of people on this website. At least these people look colourful and interesting, I've seen some pretty fugly and skankily dressed people in Canada and I would take colourful and interesting over them any day.
I agree. I was surprised at the complete lack of colourful clothing available in Toronto stores when I was living there. Most of it was in shades of brown, green and grey with some white and a few splashes of one bright colour in each store. It all looked very bland and dull.

I actually think colourful clothing looks great on everyone as long as they do not go over the top with too many bright colours or too much layering of different things. e.g. My mother-in-law will wear red trousers with a plain cream top and a chunky necklace of red coral and it looks wonderful. Definitely not too 'young' for her to wear. The style is age appropriate and the colours suit her hair, eyes and skin. It's not as if she's teetering about in platform heels with a hot pink miniskirt, trying to pick up teens in nightclubs. That would seem more like 'clinging to youth' to me.

windowshopping

Philippines Street Fashion
From Philippine Fashion Week 2010

22-05-2011
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by Couture_Tribe View Post
p-a-t-h-e-t-i-c
First of all, I am chinese myself, I revere the chinese history. I didn';t come to Canada til age 10, my roots is still chinese, I embrace it and am pround of it.
But when it comes to fashion, I just can not defend my people anymore, I do not even want to defend them. I think they just embrace the young look too much, to a point that is pathetic, vulgar, sick, tacky, fugly. Accoriding to what my friend who went back to BeiJing(capital) this summer told me, veryone on the street wears bright colors, regardless age, they just want to look young! They just do not take it the clever way, they do not realize that the too youthful look can age you by contrast extremely. Also lots or majorities are japenese/korean scene wannabes, equilvent(sp.) to hipsters, indie, or scene kids WANNABES in western culture. They also think black is the ugliest color on earth. I am not lying.
I disagree. Asians have darker skin tone and hair color. That's why they have to use brighter colors. Black is only suitable for caucasians with light skins and hair, the rest of the world worship brighter clothes (black, indians, arabs etc.) the overuse of the color black would be a disaster on any other species than caucasians. But I find the whole "fake youth" quite repelling, too.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
asia, street, style