How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Trend Spotting / Streetstyle
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

08-03-2006
V.I.P.

i think people look great in the post #133
thank you jade ^

08-03-2006
mindbottled

i gotta find some pics to post on here! there was a dedicated Melbourne street style thread, but i think it went to thread heaven...

Last edited by UniqueChic; 08-03-2006 at 11:56 PM.

09-03-2006
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jade///
here are some pics of the younger crowd (myspace)

WOW.THEY HAVE ZERO STYLE.WORSE THAN CALI GIRLS.SO TRASHY.UGH POOR DEARS.

09-03-2006
fashion elite

lol...:p
Please know we do not all dress liek that though..some of us aussies actually do have taste

09-03-2006
windowshopping

The two guys in the 2nd to last photo are in a band that I cannot remember the name of, but the girls look like all groupies do in Aust, especially hxc girls/groupies.
And what is with the Hanson outfit?!!!

09-03-2006
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemeray
I want to abolish Supre. It has the WORST fashion ever!
me too i hate it!

09-03-2006
fashion elite

i know...it looks pretty tarty i think..she kinda looks familiar though....
i dunno..i'm sorry but that particular girl annoys me..ok...i'm not saying anymore now

09-03-2006
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaTa
well ok so they look cool...and fab for all the young teeny boppers out there...and there are sooo many of them it's now kinda boring looking at all these young girls dressing the same...
but ther are so many other stylish aussies out there with a more classic, polished look and their own individual style...i much prefer that
My thoughts exactly!
yeah it is kinda cool - when it first started, there are so many teens running around in the same clothes its like they have all been cloned!

Like you said there are many stylish Aussies - with style that is their own, that they have put some thought and originality in it. They can put an outfit together and be original and not look like just another fashion victim!

10-03-2006
backstage pass

On the other hand though, Supre pretty much does its job. It provides cheap colourful clothes to teenagers who want to look young and funky and colourful and don't have a vast amount of money. Supre fits it perfectly.

Don't get me wrong, I am so not a Supre girl (I actually work at Country Road in the textiles department) but I think its fills its place in the market and doesn't make itself out to be anything but.
Still, pretty horrid clothes though!

I just find it weird when small girls (aged under 10) are dressed in revealing clothing - who ever said looking like a mini prostitute was a good thing??!!)

Last edited by Fashion Puss; 10-03-2006 at 03:25 AM.

10-03-2006
backstage pass

^ I agree!

I don't usually defend Supre, but the whole gang up on Supre thing is a bit unreasonable. It has its own place in the market - but it as Fashion Puss pointed out their clothes are cheap and colourful...I think its cheaper than even Target! So its good for kids who are continuely growing out of their clothes, getting sick of them etc...how trashy they look is really up to the individual and how they wear it.

I won't pretend that their materials are good quality and that a lot of it isn't ill fitting, but occasionally you can find something great. My friend despises Supre with a passion, she refused to even walk into the store...and yet her mum dragged her in there a couple of weeks ago and she found a dress that she loved and uncannily suited her style. She won't admit she bought it from there though...haha

12-03-2006
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fashion Puss

I just find it weird when small girls (aged under 10) are dressed in revealing clothing - who ever said looking like a mini prostitute was a good thing??!!)
yeah me too! My cousin and all her friends who are aged 12 - 13 trot around in mini skirts and tops showing off their belly and low cut tops. It so bad and quite sad. I always say to her to try to tone it down - if shes wearing a skirt, cover up the top and vice versa but she always says to me "This is what the boys like" and "This is what looks good on me" quite shocking.

15-03-2006
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Star
^ I agree!

I don't usually defend Supre, but the whole gang up on Supre thing is a bit unreasonable. It has its own place in the market - but it as Fashion Puss pointed out their clothes are cheap and colourful...I think its cheaper than even Target! So its good for kids who are continuely growing out of their clothes, getting sick of them etc...how trashy they look is really up to the individual and how they wear it.

I won't pretend that their materials are good quality and that a lot of it isn't ill fitting, but occasionally you can find something great. My friend despises Supre with a passion, she refused to even walk into the store...and yet her mum dragged her in there a couple of weeks ago and she found a dress that she loved and uncannily suited her style. She won't admit she bought it from there though...haha
i wuold disgaree that they are cheper than Target though

15-03-2006
backstage pass

Target is more expensive these days than you would expect...

15-03-2006
fashion elite

well you have a point....the are more expensive than before....alot more stylish or whatever..but i wouldn't call Supre cheap either..i find them waaay over priced

15-03-2006
backstage pass

^ You're right. I agree with you...it depends what the item is though. I remember I saw $20 jeans there last year...but then again they sell crap for $40-60.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
australian, street, style