Australian Street Style - Page 15 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
23-04-2006
fashion icon

Love those pics!! Thanks Can't wait to shop summer clothing!

23-04-2006
backstage pass

I find it kinda funny that the girls in the last pic in post #201 have their hands clasped like they're prayer...but one girl has a bottle of Smirnoff squeezed inbetween!

23-04-2006
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wush
no...headbands and fluro have been done over for at least a year now. that fad should crawl into a hole and die now.. everywhere u walk all u see is little yr 8 stevie sluts dressed head to toe in the ****. stevie has really gone downhill in the past 8months. its no longer original out there.. all lydon can whip up is a bright t shirt with stevie printed all over it these days. look like a good damn walking advertisment. you can get alot better stuff for ur money than spending 100$ on a stevie tshirt n looking like a clone. its only a more expensive supre or industie these days. check out a few newer designers material boy has some great stuff comming in these days defs gunna b up there with tsubi n **** in a year or so. leopold and saint auguestine academy also have some great lines out this year.
I agree. I love Material Boy even though I'm a girl haha.

24-04-2006
windowshopping

god, how embarassing. if you want to see the "scenesters" of sydney, go to www.purplesneakers.com.au. it's sydney most indie- indie night. most of the others claim to be indie but are more electro, and are full of tsubi drenched bandana wearing wannabes.

30-04-2006
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Star
I love all the summer dresses....but the whole fluro theme is really enough now.
i couldn't agree more!

01-05-2006
windowshopping

I personally love all there style it is totally different from anyone else and i think that is what makes them cool and unique, i can agree that some go a little too far and thats just not cool , but the other ones are faboulous , its kinda just laid back surfer wear and i love it im a cali girl so mabey thats why,,, and i totally love the big belts in the middle high up i am totally doing that!

06-05-2006
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApertureRomance
I agree. I love Material Boy even though I'm a girl haha.
So agree, Material Boy is Hot , and by far more original.

07-05-2006
trendsetter

I hear it's sold out in Sydney that's crazy ! I'm liking alpha 60 at the moment www.alpha60.com.au , I love the eye print pity those scarves aren't for sale I think they make a great alternative to the Skull McQueen one.

11-05-2006
V.I.P.

I dont really like Australian style, even though I am Australian. It just seems to me that the girls style is sought of fake and trying hard. There are only a few I see around who I think have great and natural style.

11-05-2006
Midnight blooms.........

I agree 100%!

12-05-2006
backstage pass

Having read 11 pages of post, different people have different influences of style, I chose to focus on accessories and being bold, strong and minimalistic. I think alot of people look to europe for direction when it comes to fashion and style. Having come from Singapore a few years back, the minority arty are very distinctive and definetely very different when compared to the many street styles I see in Sydney today. While I never thought much of the Havaianas look, it is distinctively Aussie.

One thing I will agree with is that I wanna rip apart the next pink Supre bag thats clogging up the streets. Definetely worst style of the year.

12-05-2006
V.I.P.

grrrrrr- yes i know!!!!!!

i am also sick of the waves of ill fitting skinny jeans with metallic ballet flats. It's a freaking tsunami of slavish trend-followers here.

16-05-2006
windowshopping

and is everyone loving boots and lots of scarves i am

17-05-2006
backstage pass

I love my scarves, just got another twilly from Hermes...its an addiction I cant stop.

22-05-2006
scenester

I love skinny jeans.. i dont think i could ever go back.. i think i just look fat.. hahha

i think people that dont suit it are the ones that cant fit into skinny jeans..!

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
australian, street, style