How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Trend Spotting / Streetstyle
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

11-06-2006
backstage pass

They look like tracksuit pants gone wrong!
Its awful!

11-06-2006
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Star
Jeans West is stocking limited edition jeans designed by Tsubi...at much cheaper prices! I'm not a fan of Tsubi...but for fans, this is a good op!
Wow, thanks for the info. I never knew that. HeeHee =] [woops] thanks agains.

11-06-2006
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Star
Bardot has great jeans at the moment, nice washes, skinny leg, and I love the 'C' pattern on the pockets. There's gasp, grab, stevie b (but i hate them), jeans west has a couple of updated styles, sportsgirl carries jeans (i don't know what they're like), roy (the equivalent of bettina jeans but with buckles and straps etc)...there is plenty out there.
Yeah I love Bardot. I got a new pair just last wednesday. And they're a reasonable price too. The back pockets are really nice although they are copying the Chanel sign [lols]. I love Gripp as well but I like sass&bide and Bettina Liano the most.

11-06-2006
i'm almost ready..

to whoever asked..... alba fan club is by tsubi.....
more reasonably priced....
and carried at jeans west......

11-06-2006
fashion insider

^thanks for the information.

11-06-2006
fashion insider

Suede Boots
Does anybody have suggestions for pointy suede boots here in australia for $150 and under because everybody seems to wear leather and I'm getting sick of it.

11-06-2006
backstage pass

kiss&tell, perhaps you could try Ebay or vintage stores?

11-06-2006
fashion insider

^thanks for the suggestion. =]

11-06-2006
backstage pass

what i found very very peculiar when I was in Australia in April was the very weird take on the big, highwaisted belt. Every time I tried on something, the SA would bring out the big 'obi' style wrap belt and try and fit it onto whatever I was wearing, ie. dress, shirt etc right up under my boobs. I wonder if Australians realise that this is such a bastardised take on the fall/winter 05 runway fashion for which ysl was largely responsible. And there were NO obi belts on the runway (that was SUMMER 05), and the belts for 05 werefor the waist NOT the empire line. What is that all about???? Just a replica little australian girl wearing the same thing and i'm sorry i just don't get it. You cannot put an obi belt on any little ole thing, up under your boobs...and look good..or tasteful!

Last edited by morriseel; 11-06-2006 at 04:25 AM.

11-06-2006
windowshopping

haha that's so true.

11-06-2006
backstage pass

I attribute it to the Supre madness and call it THE SUPRE LOOK...its hideous!!!!

pointy suede boots? try ebay, well what I would do is to use an existing pair of leather boots and then add custom pieces, its possible to add a thin suede finish here and there...Suede and embossed leather goes well too, and not to mention the possible colour combinations, find a good quality leatherworker there's Elie at The Strand if ure in Sydney, who after a little bit of chitchat PR blah blah will do it for you. Beware he is pricey, but very high quality, and additon of Suede pieces at Elie would prob cost about 200, if ure a regular he gives good discounts, but first timers are usually slaughtered hard.

But thats just me, ever about custom couture, partly because I HATE seeing someone wear what I have, and the lack of quality menswear shoes..everything down here theres zero creativity when it comes to mens stuff, like theres a whole world out there besides graphic tees, skinny jeans, berms, sports cardigans and rubber thongs....but guess that can be attributed as cultural fashion, I just personally cant envision wearing that everyday, I mean how boring really?!!!

11-06-2006
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigb3n
I attribute it to the Supre madness and call it THE SUPRE LOOK...its hideous!!!!

pointy suede boots? try ebay, well what I would do is to use an existing pair of leather boots and then add custom pieces, its possible to add a thin suede finish here and there...Suede and embossed leather goes well too, and not to mention the possible colour combinations, find a good quality leatherworker there's Elie at The Strand if ure in Sydney, who after a little bit of chitchat PR blah blah will do it for you. Beware he is pricey, but very high quality, and additon of Suede pieces at Elie would prob cost about 200, if ure a regular he gives good discounts, but first timers are usually slaughtered hard.

But thats just me, ever about custom couture, partly because I HATE seeing someone wear what I have, and the lack of quality menswear shoes..everything down here theres zero creativity when it comes to mens stuff, like theres a whole world out there besides graphic tees, skinny jeans, berms, sports cardigans and rubber thongs....but guess that can be attributed as cultural fashion, I just personally cant envision wearing that everyday, I mean how boring really?!!!
Great idea about the custom boots. I do understand what you mean about men's shoes. There are so many fantastic international brands out there with gorgeous designs and materials. Aren't there any high-end imported shoe retailers in sydney for men? My husband also hates shoes in Australia, his favourite pair is a Costume National skin pair he picked up here in Hong Kong on sale a few years ago. I think Australians are so patriotic with their labels that the fashion world tends to operate in a vacuum and blocks out international brands. What do you think?

11-06-2006
backstage pass

Well I didn't even realise the "obi belt" trend was that big until I got back to Cairns (from Brisbane)... and everyone is in them. I definitly think it is a Supre thing

11-06-2006
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by morriseel
I think Australians are so patriotic with their labels that the fashion world tends to operate in a vacuum and blocks out international brands. What do you think?
I do agree on that. It is really hard to find international labels outside of say Sydney or Melbourne - especially with shoes. And I always get disappointed when I look at fashion spreads in either vogue or harpers bazaar and there are some amazing pieces that are "not sold in australia"

But besides say Lisa Ho (one of the only aus designers I really like) I don't think mush aussie fashion is that up to scratch. I know a lot of ppl like Lover and Alice McCall though.

I got a great bargain on Ebay, $20 (aus) for a pair of suede and leather Christian Dior slouch boots (with a tiny heel). I stupidly gave them away as you can't wear boots like that very often in the heat *bangs head* so now I keep all my shoes - crappy or not :p

12-06-2006
windowshopping

Oh my!!! Australia... I miss it so much, the fashion here is so typically Australian.

To say the least, when summer hits Sydney is all about singlet tops, denim mini and thongs =/

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
australian, street, style