Australian Street Style - Page 42 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
15-04-2007
front row

Some pics..
Sorry if any of these have been posted before..

1st pic: 2threads.com
The rest: twothousand.com.au

15-04-2007
V.I.P.

Someone needs to tell some of these people that their is a difference between hobo and vintage

15-04-2007
V.I.P.

Seriously people in Australia do NOT dress like this.. there are some people but this is jsut a few.. these people are crazyy...

15-04-2007
front row

It's undeniable, Australia has the ugliest scene style.

15-04-2007
trendsetter

Hmm i live in Brisbane, i cant say that people here are particularly original. Some people are out there, but generally in groups and they all look the same. The most noticable trend on the street, is that "emo" style meaning black hair tight black skinnys, facial piercings, cons or something similar. Then theres the metro ... white or faded jeans, pastel type shirts as in peach lemon and lime.. with lots of crappy writing on it. Boys with a david bowie cut, but only as a trend not actually as a statement to bowie. Like the good old metro try hard mohawk or mullet. I have noticed recently lots of confused styles meaning metro emos or indie metros. People who dont want to quite got for the full emo, and have brown hair and a pink shirt but piercings and skinnys or the metro in a cardigan etc.
I used to hang around an indie scene a bit, the whole deal there was mess is more, as in if you do look too clean you are try hard, even though the messy people have clearly tried just as hard to be messy.
I have to say 80's actually is a massive influence, although lots of people would like to say otherwise, its a bit of a backlash i guess in that lots of people dont want to look like jocks, so they go out of their way to not look modern and shiny with their massive Quifs. Almost trying to look bad, to look different. Although no one would admit that.
All i can say is although it may not be great im happy to see a bit of experimenting, its better than everyone wearing sass and bide.

15-04-2007
trendsetter

double post

15-04-2007
trendsetter

oh and ive also noticed that the indie type clothing is now sold as mainstream clothing and everyone wears it, the indie scene is hard to see now as the cute little vintage dresses are worn by everyone. Which is also a reason i believe the indie scene and emo scene has gotten bigger and more 80s and messy, they are trying to be different and more extreme ( sadly not very well).
Theres also another scene, which is a type of club/ dance festival dresssing, which is hard to explains, its like jocks who suddenly think its cool to wear hideous 80's work out type clothing. I think its because they do so many drugs they dont actually see how fugly and idiotic they look. Visors should be burnt along with sweat bands not worn during tennis.

15-04-2007
V.I.P.

Hahaha cammy!!! I also (the area I live In) have noticed most Aussies dress really really casual but when you go to the cityy theres so many crazyy things .

I also happen to notice that many asians dress really funky in Australia. I have photos of how many Asians(mainly chinese//viets) who are in Australia (sydney)and how they dress like. Some of them are friends , some are pals , some are aquaintances//randomns. I love their style Their around 15 . Some older some younger but their ages range from 14-16. Yup. I love their style. This is in Australia btw

The way many asian weear their hair in Australia

Last edited by russh_kris_z; 15-04-2007 at 05:55 AM.

15-04-2007
trendsetter

yeh shorts, t shirt and possibly some shoes is the general trend. Ive noticed some awesomely dressed asian couples actually. I will have to go out with a camera i feel, to show the most typical trends and people who i think look great, which generally isnt very few peeps. Also something id like to point out, it can be hard to be original and trendy or find the effort to dress well when its just so damn hot.

15-04-2007
V.I.P.

Hahaha will people be willing to pose for photos?

15-04-2007
trendsetter

doubt it hey, australians are quite prudey haha, but then again they love winning. Maybe i can pretend they won something.

15-04-2007
V.I.P.

Hahaha.. won something? Like a dressing competition.. greatest fashion capital?

15-04-2007
front row

melbourne street fashion..
source: http://thirdbest.blogspot.com

15-04-2007
front row

the guy eating the ice cream's outfit is just hideous.

16-04-2007
front row

More pics...

source: on images

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
australian, street, style