How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Trend Spotting / Streetstyle
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

28-04-2009
trendsetter

^ I was there just after the blackout, and it was a mess. The whole thing was in shambles, and the show i was there to see was running an hour and a half late. I saw Garance and Scott just leave the venue (the overseas passenger terminal) and head off towards the opera house. It was hilarious to watch the reaction that they caused in the girls milling around the bar, they all started to preen and act as if they hadn't noticed or cared that they were being looked up and down by G and S, and then when the two of them walked off everyone was so disappointed haha. AH well, you can't win them all.

28-04-2009
trendsetter

the sartorialist

Last edited by peachescream; 28-04-2009 at 05:07 PM.

28-04-2009
I don't know

^I think I like the pictures more than the outfits, though I do love the last guys outfit.. the checked jacket and shirt go extremly well together

and I notice he's wearing dotted pants

thank you for posting

29-04-2009
backstage pass

Wow those photographs are stunning...And I have to say that some of the outfits are very impressive too! Thanks for posting

29-04-2009
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by peachescream View Post
^ I was there just after the blackout, and it was a mess. The whole thing was in shambles, and the show i was there to see was running an hour and a half late. I saw Garance and Scott just leave the venue (the overseas passenger terminal) and head off towards the opera house. It was hilarious to watch the reaction that they caused in the girls milling around the bar, they all started to preen and act as if they hadn't noticed or cared that they were being looked up and down by G and S, and then when the two of them walked off everyone was so disappointed haha. AH well, you can't win them all.
haha.

ah. typical...

Some girls down at the wharf were trying SO HARD.

I hope Garance/Scott take the time to visit some markets or less *fashion-pretentious* times. Bondi or Manly maybe? I always see beautiful girls with natural and innate style there.

29-04-2009
trendsetter

^ i know! from the photos i've seen so far they're not falling for it though, so i'm glad. I saw Garance take a photo of another streetstyle photographer today, kate lanphear-esque bleached hair and cropped khaki pants. She looked relaxed and chic, and i'm glad they eschewed the girls in the 11 inch YSLs and leather mini skirts...

01-05-2009
tfs star

I would imagine the streetstyle photogs are having some problems finding interesting outfits in Sydney, it's as though everybody is trying to wear the exact same outfit the best instead of wearing *shock horror!* something remotely different to every other girl.

01-05-2009
tfs star

well from a regular sydney sider there isn't really alot of stylish people that im amazed by but by no means there arn't people with that great touch!
im not saying im a expert on style but other than that we are totally uninspiring when it comes to daily style (though we do have great designers)and from what i see especially in the city are people wearing genric "fashion trends" or the regular wannabe fashion hipster or making a complete disasters.imo

not sure about other cities like melbourne which i think might have *cringe* better style than syd but yeah i guess its a similar pattern everywhere

01-05-2009
backstage pass

^ Hear, hear re personal style here in Sydney! Having worked in the Sydney CBD for well over a year now, the only inspiring outfits that I've seen have been worn by people who do not originate from Sydney/Australia - i.e they are either tourists or individuals who live here yet have traveled a lot and thus bear some personal stylistic flair. Other than that I do agree that (speaking in a broad and general sense) Sydney's style can be summed up as trend driven.

06-05-2009
oh! darling

"Color Story, Sydney" May 6, 2009 -
- thesartorialist.

Quote:
I don't know what this means from a fashion perspective, but looking at the crazy confluence of colors alone is totally inspirational to me.

07-05-2009
scenester

Quote:
Originally Posted by papa_levante View Post
"Color Story, Sydney" May 6, 2009 -
- thesartorialist.
this is what i love about australia.. how simple is that dress?? but how much does she rock it!!

Last edited by ChrissyM; 24-05-2009 at 11:20 AM. Reason: please do not quote photos

07-05-2009
rising star

Garance Dore picture (Taken in Tusk, a cafe in Melbourne)

11-05-2009
oh! darling

Vintage Coat, Sydeny - May 11, 2009
- thesartorialist.com

14-05-2009
oh! darling

"Young Sydney" May 14, 2009 -
- the sartorialist

15-05-2009
front row

i think australians do best in casual style. when they try to compete with europeans in fashion they fail because refinement and sophistication is just not part of our culture. ive noticed that there have been some really great looks in sydney, especially the surf/street looks.. casualwear 'thrown' together with lo-fi polish: well fitting clothes co-ordinated nicely, like a grey zip up hoodie, plain scarf draped round the neck, fitted knee length shorts and flip flops, in neutral, muted colours.
the australian aesthetic that really stands out to me is healthy, tanned young people in simple clothes like well cut plain tshirts and denim shorts that show off fit figures. people who have natural beauty that dont need excessive adornment or intricate detail.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
australian, street, style