How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Trend Spotting / Streetstyle
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

30-12-2005
tfs star

^ugh i know!

whenever i go to see a band etc there is always 100 teenage girls in supre tops that say things like "i kissed the bass player"

31-12-2005
fashion icon

sydney style at least, is boring. as said above flip flops, pointy or round flats, skinny jeans, muffin top and singlet tops/tanks/t-shirts. dangly earings, sunnies, a bangle or necklace, etc. most look identical. and i will NEVER understand why SUPRE is so popular. the new pink bags that say SUPRE - why do people carry these around? that shop should not be allowed to advertise that way, it's sinful to encourage people to wear that crap. and when will the peasant skirt w/ big belt trend end?

31-12-2005
trendsetter

I know , I bought one top from Supre and I've hardly worn it is falling apart. Their sizes are so inconsistent too. I just don't like them encouraging young girls to grow up by wearing tiny tops and tiny skirts , not only that but their clothes are poorly made but they still charge too much for what they are worth. Those slogan tops are the awful ..any slogan t=shirt is.

31-12-2005
Midnight blooms.........

Quote:
Originally Posted by justlooking
sydney style at least, is boring. as said above flip flops, pointy or round flats, skinny jeans, muffin top and singlet tops/tanks/t-shirts. dangly earings, sunnies, a bangle or necklace, etc. most look identical. and i will NEVER understand why SUPRE is so popular. the new pink bags that say SUPRE - why do people carry these around? that shop should not be allowed to advertise that way, it's sinful to encourage people to wear that crap. and when will the peasant skirt w/ big belt trend end?

I'm sooooo bored with style in Sydney right now!!
I mean there are some designers like Lover, Alice Mccall, Arabella Ramsey, Josh Goot and my old faves like Third Millennium, Scanlan ans Theodore, Indigo, Zimmerman that are doing really cool things, but the only people I see wearing them are me and a select few of my friends!! And If I seen ONE more FREAKING Supre bag! Arrggggggggghhhhhhhh!

01-01-2006
backstage pass

I think the whole 'supre' thing is being hugely exaggerated. I mean sure, it is the norm for 10-15 year olds to be totally decked out in supre gear (slutty, gross and clone-ish) but it is too general to say that everyone dresses like this. I can't talk about Sydney as I've only been there once recently, but Melbourne I think tends to be generally well dressed and appropriate. Of course we have our fair share of supre clones but thats a minority, I think Melbourne is very funky/eclestic/trendy I suppose.

01-01-2006
backstage pass

Hey Little Star! How you doin?
I agree, I cannot speak for Sydney but Melbourne is funky and relaxed and the "trendy" is not just limited to the extreme of Supre. i personally am with the Country Road line of fashion (but I would say that because i work for them - heh heh heh ) i love the understated relaxed style. But I'll stop now before I sound like I'm plugging them...
As a Londonder new to Melbourne I've been really pleasantly surprised by how easy it can be here to look really good without having to submit to looking like a Sienna or Kate wannabe.

02-01-2006
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtinamedia
i dont think this thread is very accurate about australian street style...i find that ALL girls between 12-21 are wearing brightly coloured skiiny leg jeans with baggy tops and big beads...while all guys aged between 12-18 are wearing baggy jeans or cargos with industrie polo shirts.
<p></p>
<p>That's exactly right. I'm from NZ, but that's exactly what I see when I visit Australia. Girls in NZ are only just catching onto that style though, they're still hung up on hideous boho skirts.</p>
<p></p>
<p>I agree justlooking, what is with those Supré pink bags? I got a shirt from Supré (a plain white tank for $1.50 which I reconstructed), and I didn't know what to do with the pink bag they gave me. I painted big lefy green polka dots on it, and some stickfigurey birds in red. I was very proud of my DIY skills, it looked so cute.</p>
<p></p>
<p>-G.</p>

02-01-2006
tfs star

Wow... my computer is screwed.-G.

02-01-2006
tfs star

IT'S DOING IT AGAIN! If my posts are un-formatted messes, just ignore it. My computer refuses to do anything I say.-G.

02-01-2006
Midnight blooms.........

Believe me girls it has reached epidemic proportions in Sydney!! Especially in and around the burbs!

04-01-2006
fashion insider

Pics from vogue.com.au

04-01-2006
fashion insider

more from vogue.com.au

04-01-2006
fashion insider

more from vogue.com.au

07-01-2006
backstage pass

And here i thought the aussie sense of fashion was a singlet and thongs. My how things have changed.

07-01-2006
V.I.P.

i think aussie they do have great style and not just wearing singlet and thongs( maybe for the beaches of course)

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
australian, street, style