How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Trend Spotting / Streetstyle
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

07-01-2006
Midnight blooms.........

Those pictures are old, vogue.com.au haven't updated their street chic section in ages!

07-01-2006
backstage pass

lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by yenn
i think aussie they do have great style and not just wearing singlet and thongs( maybe for the beaches of course)

Well the typical aussie male still has no idea what fashion is unless he is gay or has gay friends. They only get their ideas on what to wear from the back of a weet-bix packet. Or mabye its the vegemite ad.

08-01-2006
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasscam
Those pictures are old, vogue.com.au haven't updated their street chic section in ages!
Yep I know that... but since they weren't on here I thought I'd post them up.

08-01-2006
backstage pass

everything seems like a bastardisation of something from the OC...2 years ago

08-01-2006
V.I.P.

I want to abolish Supre. It has the WORST fashion ever!

08-01-2006
scenester

Quote:
Originally Posted by zolloz
Well the typical aussie male still has no idea what fashion is unless he is gay or has gay friends. They only get their ideas on what to wear from the back of a weet-bix packet. Or mabye its the vegemite ad.
I never let my dad buy clothes alone, or worse, with my mother! It's the only way to do it...

08-01-2006
fashion insider

Pics from 2threads.com

10-01-2006
V.I.P.

these are more photos from 2threads.com

10-01-2006
windowshopping

Please lets try to use recent photos of 'Strayian' fashion - it's giving a grossely dated and inaccurate 'behind-ish' sense of fashion. The pictures above from vogue.com.au show outfits that wouldn't be worn today - especially all the boho cra p (the girl who looks like she walked through the accessories department with super-glue on her). The blazer is ok, but because it has nautical tendancies (we are in high summer right now - pushing resort wear)

Basically Melburnians are in my opinion the most stylish and fashion conscious of Australian cities though perhaps this is in largepart because the weather permits, it is a cooler climate than most of the other beachy cities (Melbourne still have nice beaches however).

Melbourne is classic, but not-conservative (different silhouettes- not traditional (extra long tops were very popular around four years ago))eclectic, innovative (skinny jeans are old news), dressed up casual, neat, layered, black and plain.

Basically Melbournites concentrate on the overal outfit, the total image and the final look. For instance, you don't look at someone here and think that a certain print on their skirt stands out or that there jumper is nice, you see the bag, the shoes, the top, the jewellery, the hair, the sunnies and so on. The whole thing works.

I guess it is similar to New York meets Paris or something. Bit of quirky classicism.

10-01-2006
windowshopping

The purple dress in post 113 is from a shop called witchery. See http://www.witchery.com.au/www/136/1..._1001236_.html in violet.

I like witchery although it tends to be overpriced.

It is like a fashion orientated younger country road.

www.countryroad.com.au if you want to get the idea.

11-01-2006
V.I.P.

pics from 2threas.com

Extra Party pic's / Launch of "Peachy" at The Eastern

18-01-2006
windowshopping

sup all im from melbs, aus and am pretty much sick of the **** everyone is wearing. im a guy and everyone is un-original. the common **** is just ur tight jeans, hightop 'kicks', fluro t's, headbands and dior sunglasses. its the same ****. its so boring it was aight like a year ago but now every second 15 yr old kid has a fluro stevie t and head band, a pair of tsubis, sum dunks or af1s, dior sunnies and suddenly he thinks hes 'fashionable'. its so overdone. why the **** do people want to pay 300 $ for a pair of tsubis, 360 for diors etc when every second ****head has got em on. any girls or guys got any ideas on the new **** to wear.. ive heard motorcycle boots, low crotch jeans and grey colours etc instead of fluro ****. sorry for the rant wats everyone elses thoughts. ps im even sicker of every little **** who wears industrie, cotton on and dangerfield i want to kill all of u. peace

12-02-2006
windowshopping

last year i went to aussie, girls there got great styles.

well some may look identical occassionally.

but generally i just love sitting there and watching what everyone is wearing (i seriously did that, silly me :p ).

26-02-2006
front row

ermm dun mean to offend neone from melbourne ( i luved ur city btw) but i was there n they din seem that much different to pple back in WA??? was i in the wrong part of town??? I was staying in the ct.

26-02-2006
rising star

aussie girls are sooo pretty!!

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
australian, street, style