How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Trend Spotting / Streetstyle
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

05-05-2006
scenester

shweeeeeeeet! Thanks a lot to stilinberlin!! Keep them coming please!

rgds,
max.

06-05-2006
V.I.P.

The 2. pic in post #15^^: Wow, hot outfit! Simple, but HOT!

scenester

Yay, I love Berlin! I don't live there, so I can't tell anyone that much on the streetstyle, but it's always relaxed, yet not thrown together, with a little funky/retro vibe mixed in. It's the best place to find a bright colored trench coat; when I visited in autumn, everyone seemed to have one.

10-05-2006
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximus
berlin is great! I was born there, although I havnt lived there since I was 7 I keep visiting family there (3times a year?). I will at around september though be staying there for 3 months+ and hopefully find some temp bar work. I love the place! Some areas in Berlin you see some great style but I dont know what the areas are called. More pics please!

P.S- anyone from berlin wanna hook me up with a job, starting in september?

rgds,
Max.
Hi this is my first post!!! I just spent a year in Berlin... My advice is save hard now so you don't have to worry too much about getting work there cos that will be tricky! It's cheap to live. You'll have a ball!

11-05-2006
scenester

Hello Kolette! Welcome to tfs, there is TONS of great stuff here, youre bound to love it! What makes you say getting work will be tricky? Because of unemployment and such? I have family and friends there, so i'm hoping I can ask for a favour or two. Where in Berlin did you stay? Any good shopping locations / shops you found? Would be great to hear from ya!

Regards,
Max.

20-05-2006
scenester

for more see http://stilinberlin.blogspot.com/

21-05-2006
scenester

more on: http://stilinberlin.blogspot.com/

21-05-2006
V.I.P.

Oh i love Germans and their styles.................
Thanks for the pics!

23-05-2006
windowshopping

god berlin - who needs this anyway. how could a city rich with opportunities develop such a disgusting style...

everytime i am in berlin i get the following impression: unemployed media-people and pot-smokin-students try to be "ah-so-anti-commercial" by dressing like bums - get a haircut!

new york/tokyo/paris/london please show all that "berliners" how to dress

luckily this style has not taken over other german cities [there is a trend in some parts of colgne and düsseldorf to dress "berlin" - hopefully it will not spread any further]

does anyone remember berlin (westberlin) in the 80s - that was style!

scenester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Nova
god berlin - who needs this anyway. how could a city rich with opportunities develop such a disgusting style...

everytime i am in berlin i get the following impression: unemployed media-people and pot-smokin-students try to be "ah-so-anti-commercial" by dressing like bums - get a haircut!

new york/tokyo/paris/london please show all that "berliners" how to dress

luckily this style has not taken over other german cities [there is a trend in some parts of colgne and düsseldorf to dress "berlin" - hopefully it will not spread any further]

does anyone remember berlin (westberlin) in the 80s - that was style!
haha, well i'll make it all better when I go there! :p

28-05-2006
scenester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Nova
[...]how could a city rich with opportunities develop such a disgusting style...

[...] [there is a trend in some parts of colgne and düsseldorf to dress "berlin" - hopefully it will not spread any further]
Unfortunately you're pretty much right. I've only been to Berlin once, but I was kind of shocked not to see stylish people all over the place. Although I love Berlin, I like Cologne better. Perhaps I can take some pictures when I'm in town.

29-05-2006
windowshopping

Most of these pictures were taken in Prenzleurberg,( you can tell just by the background) the style there is quiet different from the one in the west. I have to agree that in Berlin they don't have the most appealing style, but I can tell you that the kids from the photos are prolly the ones with an "actual" sense of fashion in comparison with most of what lies in the west.

Last edited by Silly; 29-05-2006 at 03:38 AM.
29-05-2006
front row

I love love love love Berlin. It's one of the places I want to live in later (Berlin or London), I am German so it would work out pretty well.

Oh, and on the topic of Cologne: I'm there quite frequently and I don't see the special style? Cologne is a lovely and interesting city but the style (well, youth style anyways) is mostly the H&M-indie-clone style .. polkadots on overload.

rising star

ok....let´s say it like that....it really really really depends on the part of the city if you are talking about real STYLE..........in my area steglitz they are many people who dress all like **** especially these boys and girls in the ages of 15-20........you should see them.....you wouldn´t stop to laugh....you should see their trouser i mean boys and girls started to stuff them into their socks.....and it isn´t only in my area like that.....and they all look the same they aren´t even trying to look individuell....i mean i don´t care about that but the sad thing is that almost half of the city dresses like that....but there are some areas like prenzlauer berg, mitte, friedrichshain and it seems like all the stylish one moved there to live together and in these places you´ll find the best shops with all the stuffs of the young fashion designers....
well, that´s all i can say......of course from time to time i see some stylish peoplein my corner too but not that often.....

02-06-2006
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluerise
especially these boys and girls in the ages of 15-20..........you should see their trouser i mean boys and girls started to stuff them into their socks.....
Oh my...
You are soo right. I mean what are they thinkin? It looks just ridiculous in my opinion

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
berlin, street, style