How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Trend Spotting / Streetstyle
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

28-08-2007
backstage pass

I'm hoping to land a few because I signed up for volunteer work. Other than that I really wanna go to the teen event on September 7th...

28-08-2007
windowshopping

I think I'm going to attend the Teen event, also. Everything else is up in the air.
How did you manage to sign-up to volunteer?

28-08-2007
backstage pass

It was on the website, www.bostonfashionweek.com

tfs star

not to rag on boston, but this thread is a bit of an oxymoron.

31-08-2007
rising star

I unfortunately agree and I live in Boston. But what I really find unfortunate is is that a good majority of 20-somethings at my college look like they jumped right out of an ad for American Apparel. There is no diversity and clearly no one who is interested in high fashion. And if they are, well, they aren't showing it.

31-08-2007
front row

it's mixed and is what makes it exciting. We have GuccI, Sonia Rykiel, St John, Escada, Chanel, And YST in NM. LV, Hermes, Valentino. Barneys, Saks, Anthrpologie, Longchamp, Jimmy Choo, Ralph Lauren Polo, La Coste, Burberry, and so much more. all the shops are in the Prudential Mall or Newbury St or Boylston St. My fav shop Louis is on Berkeley st (from Newbury to Boylston)
Filene's old Basement closes this week. A pity it is where I pick up my Chanels and other top designers for a song.

Last edited by cigalechanta; 31-08-2007 at 10:44 AM.
31-08-2007
front row

so right. Beacon Hill is more Preppy. Back Bay, hipper, South Boston Big Hair South End trendy. Downtown Crossing, UGH!

31-08-2007
front row

You can thumb your nose at uggs but when you experience one of our cold bitter winter days, we ugg wearers will have the last laugh :p

31-08-2007
front row

thre are two H&MS. One on Washington St one on Boylston in the Back Bay

31-08-2007
front row

The number of top designer shops is big, and you name Louis and barneys only tsk, tsk

31-08-2007
fashion elite

I thought about volunteering for Fashion Week as well, but Im not sure of my schedule and if I will have the time.

I was *THIS* close to doing makeup on some of the models, but it didnt work out.

10-10-2007
rising star

I saw this women walking on Mass Ave in Cambridge the other day who was fabulous! I wish I had a camera with me, but I'll describe what I saw:

Black opaque tights, black lace up oxford heels with patent detail, a black skirt peeking out of an iridescent blue 3/4 sleeve swingy style coat with large button details and a black leather bag..she had beautiful creamy skin and red hair pulled up in an updo! It was so chic for Boston and it just made me smile because its so rare (esp in Cambridge) to see a woman really go for it in terms of fashion. I wish I had time to ask her where her coat was from because it was great -- looked very Chloe-esque in the shape and material.

I just find it hard sometimes to really want to wear what I have in Boston. I get these weird looks all the time if I wear heels out during the day or some piece that is unique. Sometimes I wish Boston was more like NYC or a major European city where dressing matters. But then again, my mom made a good point to me once that if everyone was like that, there would be no diversity and I'd sink into the background. Oh well..

06-12-2007
backstage pass

ewww boston is so boring. no style and nothing to offer. sorry

06-12-2007
backstage pass

in response to someone talking about ugg boots. HELLO they are slippers, you are not suppose to wear them out of the house. everyone in boston is wearing them and looking so crapp/lazy/skanky/trashy whatever. everyone outiside of new zealand and australia needs to know ugg boots are not a fashion item, they are slippers.

06-12-2007
front row

Like any big city, it depends in what part of town and which boutiques you shop.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
boston, street, style