How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Trend Spotting / Streetstyle
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

02-11-2006
backstage pass

I always see LV speedys and tracksuits in Boston. I really only hang around the airport though, but a lot of people really dress up for air travel.

02-11-2006
Meg
inspired contemplation

um, Harvard isn't in Boston, it's just near it. As are a lot of good LAC's. Anyway, I'd like to visit.

02-11-2006
Deep Red Bells

^ She's right... Harvard is in Cambridge which is right near Boston....
I actually think I see more stylish people in Cambridge than downtown Boston.

Oh, and in Boston you can't throw a shoe without hitting some guy in either a Patriot's or Red Sox jersey or hat...or sweatshirt.
Big sports town.

02-11-2006
backstage pass

Hehe oops, I knew that :p (I obviously don't go to Harvard.)

fashion elite

well you guys are not making it sound very interesting for me. LOL.

I guess its defintely better than Florida, and DC. DC everyone was very professional .... suits etc because most of them worked for law firms or on the hill.

but Ive been told and read lately that Boston is trying to become NYC, and getting more involved in style/fashion etc as a whole????

10-11-2006
front row

I've considered moving to Boston as well. I'm tired of waiting for better shopping in Seattle. I want a Neiman's and a Saks. Christ.

Last edited by MulletProof; 11-11-2006 at 10:24 PM. Reason: Fonts. See TFS Guidelines please.
10-11-2006
V.I.P.

heh....

i think style is generally improving in boston....the first H&M only opened in 2000. there is no forever21 here (there's very little cheap chic in fact).

in fact, i think boston is one of the most under retailed cities in the country. we are missing so many stores that other "lesser" cities have. we have no nordstroms, no zara. there's a bloomingdales in the suburbs but its difficult to get to...

i never liked shopping at the saks here as it was missing so many brands, had poor service and the carpets were stained....

we have to wait until 2010 for a nordstroms that will open 20 miles away...

the barneys store opening was great. i was so happy when it opened.

i think in general most real bostonians (not tourists) wont pay a lot for fashion. that may be why most of them are so poorly dressed. also we dress for the weather and for comfort and obesity is a huge problem here (no matter how many times boston/cambridge lands on the "healthiest cities" list.)

10-11-2006
still here

^I thought the nordstrom at natick mall was opening next fall, I have to wait until 2010?!!

10-11-2006
V.I.P.

i forgot about that. that is still on schedule as far as i know...but a nordstroms is being planned for the north shore mall in peabody. until 2010, there's going to be two empty anchor stores there...so dumb!

10-11-2006
Deep Red Bells

My friend works at Saks in Boston and they just finished a big renovation...

10-11-2006
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucy92
heh....

i think style is generally improving in boston....the first H&M only opened in 2000. there is no forever21 here (there's very little cheap chic in fact).

in fact, i think boston is one of the most under retailed cities in the country. we are missing so many stores that other "lesser" cities have. we have no nordstroms, no zara. there's a bloomingdales in the suburbs but its difficult to get to...

i never liked shopping at the saks here as it was missing so many brands, had poor service and the carpets were stained....

we have to wait until 2010 for a nordstroms that will open 20 miles away...

the barneys store opening was great. i was so happy when it opened.

i think in general most real bostonians (not tourists) wont pay a lot for fashion. that may be why most of them are so poorly dressed. also we dress for the weather and for comfort and obesity is a huge problem here (no matter how many times boston/cambridge lands on the "healthiest cities" list.)
No Nordstrom? And the Saks has stained carpets? Well, before this renovation? How tacky. I remember my first visit to NYC and going into the Chanel boutique on Madison Ave and seeing coffee stains on the stairs. I was quite disappointed. Hello, it's New York!

Last edited by MulletProof; 11-11-2006 at 10:24 PM. Reason: Fonts. See TFS Guidelines please.
10-11-2006
still here

The main floor of the Saks is really nice now, can't comment on the merchandise but the store appearance at least improved tons, they're trying really hard.

10-11-2006
fashion elite

Is there a Neimens in Boston??

My friends (who live and Boston and are trying to convince me to move there) just sent me a ton of papers/magazines from Boston.

From the ones Ive read so far......it seems pretty laid back, casual, and more young.

10-11-2006
still here

^yes there is, at Copley. There is a Neimans, Barneys, and Saks there.

I think you should come! Boston ain't NY, but it sure beats out Florida! :p

10-11-2006
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ianastar
Is there a Neimens in Boston??

My friends (who live and Boston and are trying to convince me to move there) just sent me a ton of papers/magazines from Boston.

From the ones Ive read so far......it seems pretty laid back, casual, and more young.
There is. It's at Copley Place. I jsut saw on their website that they've opened a new location in Charlotte, NC. That's a bit surprising.

Last edited by MulletProof; 11-11-2006 at 10:23 PM. Reason: Fonts. See TFS Guidelines please.
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
boston, street, style