How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Trend Spotting / Streetstyle
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

02-03-2007
front row

^ Pong, I like your anecdote. What kinds of dresses were these girls wearing and with what kinds of shoes?

03-03-2007
scenester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pong
So who wants to bring a sense of street style to Boston with me? Hah.

Boston isn't so bad. I actually enjoy it. I recently went to NYC and I was actually a little disappointed. I expected to see a lot of really nice looking people or I'm not even sure. Something exciting or unique. But sadly I saw nothing that I couldn't find in Boston. Maybe it's because I was in a more touristy place. I don't know. But I was surprised. I was in Times Square and on 42nd and 5th and 7th and Central Park and everything I saw was something I could have found on Newbury or Boylston or Downtown Crossing or, dare I say, West Roxbury late at night. [I enjoy Roxbury and Jamaica Plain jokes.]

But also Boston is getting better. Well, for women moreso than men. You ladies have Intermix on Newbury. That store that I can simply not remember the name of in Copley near the Westin entrance I believe that sells cute clothes by Chloe and other high end designers. There's a Dior ready-to-wear coming in. And lets just keep in mind that construction will begin around May, what I'm told by a manager, to make way for Louis Vuitton's ready-to-wear. So there's a lot that will be going on. Boston may not ever be as stylish as NY but hey. We can sure kick the hell out of some other cities.

Seriously... who wants to bring street style to Boston with me. Hah.

New Yorkers rarely hang out around Times Square or Central Park b/c they are way too touristy...if you want to see real NY style go to places that Nyers consider stylish....Hang around Soho, go to the Opening Ceremony store, have dinner in Tribeca, or get a table at Bungalow, ypu'll see some stylish NYers then....

04-03-2007
rising star

thank dreamecho :] when i read your name at first i for some reason read it as... dream e. cho ahem i don't even know why i said that and then decided to post it on here whatever. i did.

definitely thrift dresses but really cute. like little tilly's [if the reference clears it up?? -- tilly and the wall. my fave band ever. basically cute] and shoes varied. cowboy boots, little pumps, and some rockin sneakers that i can only imagine came from bodega or laced and one girl was wearing these wicked cute like... mary janes [which i hate usually] but they were just so cute with her dress and her like... being hah they were just cute. all of them. and the boys. ugh. the boys. if i weren't shy with boys that i thought were cute i would have gone straight up to them and just kissed them allllll on the cheek :/ haha i'm just soooooo aggressive ha

i wanted to go to soho sooo badly. ugh i was stuck on staten island which is by far the most borrrring place evverrrr. next time i head to ny i will def check out those places. thanks for the heads up :]

front row

"dream e. cho" said aloud sounds like "dreamy cho".... like the made-up name of a korean starlet or something... well, i for one am glad you posted your random ramblings; they made me smile...probably because i tend to think in tangents like that myself. i can also relate to breaking up syllables in a word the wrong way.

thanks for the descriptions! i knew WHO tilly & the wall was, but i didn't know WHAT they looked like or what their music was like. some googling and myspacing of the band cleared that up for me, so i think i now know what you mean by cute dresses & shoes. (although i did spy some pics wherein the members of the band were wearing cutoff denim skirts w/ calf-length leggings ...probably not the look you were talking about.) anyway, i adore vintage dresses with various sweet shoes. and i adore stories about said dresses and shoes and other outfits girls wear. so thanks again.

and as for the boys...well--go on, Pong. introduce yourself!

Last edited by dreamecho; 05-03-2007 at 11:06 AM.
05-03-2007
fashion elite

Pong - when I move up, I'll be dressing a bit more interesting than the normal person. Although sometimes Im a bit more conservative. But I promised myself this year (once Ive moved) I'll wear whatever I want.

Florida is so hick, its hard to get away with any sense of style/fashion.

07-03-2007
rising star

i'm possibly moving to san diego in october and i'm already missing boston. i'm going to miss soooo much!

lets have a fashion spot partay haha

V.I.P.

Boston is indeed a great city. It has been my home for the past 25 years, and I will miss it when I leave it later this year

07-03-2007
fashion elite

Are you guys leaving because Im coming up????

07-03-2007
backstage pass

gosh!!! i worked at a store this past summer that carried Vera Bradley,
and now i cringe at the sight of those things!!!

aslo, i walk by northeastern university often, and the UGG thing has got ot stop!!!!

other than that ,STOP DISSING BOSTON!! it's a great city and i love it!!
we can't be compared to NYC but what can ya do?

oh and i can't wait to see some street style pics...come on boston!!!

Last edited by it-boy's nature; 07-03-2007 at 06:38 PM.
07-03-2007
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ianastar
Are you guys leaving because Im coming up????
LOL...no...for me at least

I am relocating for my job

07-03-2007
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by it-boy's nature
gosh!!! i worked at a store this past summer that carried Vera Bradley,
and now i cringe at the sight of those things!!!

aslo, i walk by northeastern university often, and the UGG thing has got ot stop!!!!

other than that ,STOP DISSING BOSTON!! it's a great city and i love it!!
we can't be compared to NYC but what can ya do?

oh and i can't wait to see some street style pics...come on boston!!!
Finally!!! Some agrees with me on how distasteful Vera Bradley accessories and UGGs are I swear they are short for UGGLY

Anyways, I have some "Boston Street Style" picts. I will upload them when I have more time

08-03-2007
windowshopping

I've lived in Boston for several years and the fashion is so all over the place. You have the young professional who know what they are doing (for the most part) however conservative that may be. Then you have the college students in their Uggs and sweats. If you really want to see some style on the ridiculous end of the spectrum head over to BU. Or just hop on the B line.

I'd be scared you would all get the wrong impression of Boston if I posted pictures of the things I see on a daily basis!

08-03-2007
V.I.P.

Boston alone is not a stylish city...Cambridge has lots of cheap chics and hidden high fashion (MIT, Harvard). But for the most part, high fashion belongs to people who have money. Boston is an "old money" town and "old money" people live in the burbs and go to country clubs. Yes they shop at Alan Bilzerian and Louis Boston, but they rarely walk around the city. They just show up in all those benefits in private clubs or Chanel trunk shows.
the fundamental difference b/w NYC and Boston is that Boston is all about old money. The street style shows.
btw if you go to Mistral on Saturday nights you'll see MANY stylish women and men. They actually shop in Europe, not in Copley or on Newbury Street.

08-03-2007
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixie22
I've lived in Boston for several years and the fashion is so all over the place. You have the young professional who know what they are doing (for the most part) however conservative that may be. Then you have the college students in their Uggs and sweats. If you really want to see some style on the ridiculous end of the spectrum head over to BU. Or just hop on the B line.

I'd be scared you would all get the wrong impression of Boston if I posted pictures of the things I see on a daily basis!
People at BU don't dress on the ridiculous end...wait, what do you mean by the ridiculous end??? Maybe we have different definitions:p

The B-Line is really shady

08-03-2007
tfs star

no pics? i may be moving to boston and am curious

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
boston, street, style