How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Trend Spotting / Streetstyle
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

03-04-2007
front row

Lived in Boston basically for my whole life and can say that it is not very creative with its street style. the people who walk around Newbury Street on a regular basis are annoying in general IMO. The MFA did that great exibition on couture, which was great though. Love Boston anyway...even all of its young professional crowd who wear sneakers with skirts and nylons...GO SOXS!!!!!!

12-04-2007
backstage pass

sorry i could not rotate them, (difficulties!)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg roytel's pics #2 001.jpg (282.0 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg roytel's pics #2 002.jpg (282.8 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg roytel's pics #2 003.jpg (283.0 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg roytel's pics #2 004.jpg (291.1 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg roytel's pics #2 005.jpg (287.8 KB, 7 views)

Last edited by it-boy's nature; 12-04-2007 at 06:35 PM.
12-04-2007
backstage pass

hurray!!! more pics!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg roytel's pics #2 006.jpg (278.0 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg roytel's pics #2 007.jpg (291.1 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg roytel's pics #2 008.jpg (229.9 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg roytel's pics #2 009.jpg (328.1 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg roytel's pics #2 010.jpg (217.2 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg roytel's pics #2 011.jpg (304.3 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg roytel's pics #2 012.jpg (303.6 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg roytel's pics #2 013.jpg (243.3 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg roytel's pics #2 014.jpg (237.9 KB, 6 views)

backstage pass

and last but not least...

backstage pass

and finally....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg roytel's pics #2 016.jpg (289.8 KB, 7 views)

front row

yay! thanks, it-boy!

you've raised the bar on the boston streetstyle thread...

it's no longer just a discussion...

maybe this will inspire the rest of us to step it up & start snapping pics as well!

14-04-2007
fashion elite

Did you take those yourself?

What did you say to them to get them to let you take their picture?

Yay..pics

14-04-2007
backstage pass

^^^^^^^

i DID take those myself and since i was working on a project for school i would just aproach these people and tell them the name of my high school and if i could take a picture of them for a Boston street style project.

it was very hard (being that i was in the rain) but very fun too.

scenester

I was born and raised in Boston and finally escaped to NYC where I go to design school....First and foremost people have got to stop comparing Boston and NYC...There is no comparison. Boston however needs ALOT of help in the style department. Like I said I was born in raised in Boston and in the 18 years I've lived there I have only met 3 stylish people, My mom and a girl who goes to parsons with me and a girl I worked with last summer. My style didnt work itself out until I moved to the city, and thats b/c i have access to some the coolest, edgiest, most amazing designers, people, clubs, stores, The entire city is inspirational....in Boston what have you got? Barney's? Louis? That's depressing...In alot of ways people who live in Bostons' style reminds of me of the style of people who live in Jersey or Long Island in that it is very suburban/bridge-and-tunnel....when I moved to NY I dressed that way and i realized immdeiately that i had to change....but in Boston there aren't any stylish people to make anyone want to change their style...People go around praising girls who look like they got their entire wardrobe at Jasmine Sola (You all know the type" "club" camis/halters/ bootcut jeans/and pointy toe heels from steve madden)...If I lived in Boston I would never shop there, I jump on the fung wah bus once a month and make a trip to manhattan

16-04-2007
fashion elite

^Well it's better than Orlando, Florida and even Washington DC I think

16-04-2007
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanBaby
I was born and raised in Boston and finally escaped to NYC where I go to design school....First and foremost people have got to stop comparing Boston and NYC...There is no comparison. Boston however needs ALOT of help in the style department. Like I said I was born in raised in Boston and in the 18 years I've lived there I have only met 3 stylish people, My mom and a girl who goes to parsons with me and a girl I worked with last summer. My style didnt work itself out until I moved to the city, and thats b/c i have access to some the coolest, edgiest, most amazing designers, people, clubs, stores, The entire city is inspirational....in Boston what have you got? Barney's? Louis? That's depressing...In alot of ways people who live in Bostons' style reminds of me of the style of people who live in Jersey or Long Island in that it is very suburban/bridge-and-tunnel....when I moved to NY I dressed that way and i realized immdeiately that i had to change....but in Boston there aren't any stylish people to make anyone want to change their style...People go around praising girls who look like they got their entire wardrobe at Jasmine Sola (You all know the type" "club" camis/halters/ bootcut jeans/and pointy toe heels from steve madden)...If I lived in Boston I would never shop there, I jump on the fung wah bus once a month and make a trip to manhattan

Only met 3 stylish people ever in Boston? That’s a tad extreme if you ask me.
And also I find it to be pretty low the way that you find it necessary to put down an entire city and announce it UN stylish like Jersey or long island.

Clearly we all have different takes on what “style” is and while I do not disagree that that NYC has incredible style (being that it is a fashion capital) that still does not mean that Boston is even half as dreadful as you’ve made it out to be.

NYC is appealing to me as well and I live in Boston, but this thread is to both celebrate and analyze Boston street style, not to bash it continuously and hold it in comparison to other cities. Style is not necessarily “good and edgy” it is whatever it is.

I’m pretty sick of all the bias in this thread, opinions placed here seem very narrow minded and one-dimensional. You would think that in the fashion community especially, there would be vary in opinion, but too many of you rest comfortably on the wild street style that you know best.

Now come on, let’s look at these pictures I’ve posted and play nice.

girl who fell to earth

^^I'm inclined to agree with you... why are so many people quick to talk about New York and make comparisons when clearly this thread is supposed to be about BOSTON.

Everyone has different notions of what is stylish...
and there are so few pics in this thread that we don't even have the tip of the iceberg when it comes to displaying what people dress like...

there is good and bad just like any other city imo..

17-04-2007
scenester

Quote:
Originally Posted by it-boy's nature
Only met 3 stylish people ever in Boston? That’s a tad extreme if you ask me.
And also I find it to be pretty low the way that you find it necessary to put down an entire city and announce it UN stylish like Jersey or long island.

Clearly we all have different takes on what “style” is and while I do not disagree that that NYC has incredible style (being that it is a fashion capital) that still does not mean that Boston is even half as dreadful as you’ve made it out to be.

NYC is appealing to me as well and I live in Boston, but this thread is to both celebrate and analyze Boston street style, not to bash it continuously and hold it in comparison to other cities. Style is not necessarily “good and edgy” it is whatever it is.

I’m pretty sick of all the bias in this thread, opinions placed here seem very narrow minded and one-dimensional. You would think that in the fashion community especially, there would be vary in opinion, but too many of you rest comfortably on the wild street style that you know best.

Now come on, let’s look at these pictures I’ve posted and play nice.
I'd just like to point out as you mentioned that this is a forum and everyone is entitled to their opinion...it's actually unfair of you to say I'm bias because I say that Boston is unstylish, that's what I think, and I think I should be allowed to say that...in the same token, you feel Boston has good style that's your opinion and you are allowed that.

And I'm not sure what "wild street style" you are refering to, but I am probably the most open-minded person there is when it comes to style...if it's upstate prepster or downtown hipster, i can appreciate it if it's done well. The problem I find in Boston is that the "look" that ppl go for AREN'T done well...It's almost like people could care less about fashion but they want ppl to think they're stylish anyway...I say dress however you want but you've got to make it work...otherwise you are going to open yourself up to criticism...

And lastly, I want to sign off on this note: I'm not some person who has visited Boston once or twice and didnt like what I saw, I lived there for almost twenty years so I think I can state my opinion on whether or not Boston has "good" style

18-04-2007
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanBaby
I'd just like to point out as you mentioned that this is a forum and everyone is entitled to their opinion...it's actually unfair of you to say I'm bias because I say that Boston is unstylish, that's what I think, and I think I should be allowed to say that...in the same token, you feel Boston has good style that's your opinion and you are allowed that.

And I'm not sure what "wild street style" you are refering to, but I am probably the most open-minded person there is when it comes to style...if it's upstate prepster or downtown hipster, i can appreciate it if it's done well. The problem I find in Boston is that the "look" that ppl go for AREN'T done well...It's almost like people could care less about fashion but they want ppl to think they're stylish anyway...I say dress however you want but you've got to make it work...otherwise you are going to open yourself up to criticism...

And lastly, I want to sign off on this note: I'm not some person who has visited Boston once or twice and didnt like what I saw, I lived there for almost twenty years so I think I can state my opinion on whether or not Boston has "good" style
you ,yourself mentioned that you know some of the coolest, edgiest poeple and holding them at praise for thier "egdy" style is indeed bias as opposed to actually being "open minded" and seeking good traits in the style of bostonians and excuse me if i associate "wild street style" as i called it, with edge but they do serve to the same kind of style that most of us here at TFS are familiar with that is densly concentrated in cities such as Paris,Milan,Tokyo liverpool and...New York City

Of course your entitled to your opinion, same way that i am to mine but i saw it as a responsibitly as a current resident of Boston to call you out on what you see as simply an opinion when in reality it comes off as offensive.

I'm not saying put your censors on, but don't expect not to be challenged.

fashion elite

Can we just have more pics please???

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
boston, street, style