How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Trend Spotting / Streetstyle
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

02-03-2005
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by emi25
I met this man earlier today at the Porta Portese Market (always in Rome) and I asked him where he got his dress, I thought it might be cosy to wear it theese days because the winter just came back to Italy, and he told me that he did it himself , with the Gucci-logo and everything. Here we talk about real creativity...
emi, I like the color of his suit.

06-03-2005
backstage pass

I European fashion, but here up north people don't quite get it yet.
I can't find any good designers in Finlands capital, Helsinki.
But we are waking up slowly.

06-03-2005
backstage pass

^^I have just been in Helsinki once but I find the people in Stockholm and Copenhagen so much more avantguarde than here down south!.. Don't you ever forget Marimekko, they did great things in the 60s'..

07-03-2005
backstage pass

Ofcourse! the allmighty Marimekko! I do like Finnish desing but if you want something truly individual, you must do it yourself.
I'm not so good yet ...

08-03-2005
windowshopping

I love the pictures, especially the fact that there street styles. However, I must tell you, personally, I don't feel that Paris and London capture the true essence of street style. I have a house in Denmark (I am not being bias) and I can't even begin to tell you the different trends I've seen there. Albeit, Parisites and Londonites create awesome ensambles, I think there stereotyped for fashion. You should check out Prague too, as poor as it maybe, I think you'll be interested in how unique the street styles are.

Oh yea, your my first post, I just registered on this website...so far it looks pretty cool! Oh yea, once again I loved the pictures!! <3

08-03-2005
ingenue

welcome to tfs, xspence! always great to have more input on european street style from various different european cities.

08-03-2005
windowshopping

Oh my lord, I have just had a field day saving these all for future reference. I might start a little archive project, I'f anyone would want to help you can email me at lovestella@comcast.net , man I have so much stuff to save! I've constantly been looking for an international street fashion archive page but they're all so scattered

09-03-2005
backstage pass

^^I think it's fun to bring my camera with me and now with the digitals it's so easy, and it doesnt cost anything!

About the fashion in Prague: I've been there a lot of times and it's interesting to see how the fashion changes every year..the first time I went there was in 93 and they were so still in the eighties, now it's like every big city with HM and McDonalds and Dunkin Doughnuts..You can see that people there got more money and start to travel, before it was a lot different...It has always been a wonderful city though! The secondhandshops are great!..

09-03-2005
V.I.P.

Quote:
^^I think it's fun to bring my camera with me and now with the digitals it's so easy, and it doesnt cost anything!
I agree Emi....if only I can remember to pull it out of my bag when I see something interesting. I always see interesting things and just say to myself or think "wow, that's nice....." and keep walking! I will start using my digital camera from now on.....that's what it's for...Taking Pictures.

09-03-2005
fashion icon

Quote:
Eastpack OR Invicta ...Like the swedish "Fjŗllrŗven".. It's funny to think about, I dont remember when I last wore a backpack..I'm getting old..
Invicta is also really popular among the Italians in Montreal. I guess Italians around the world communicate with eachother to make sure they're uniform

10-03-2005
front row

Quote:
^^I have just been in Helsinki once but I find the people in Stockholm and Copenhagen so much more avantguarde than here down south!.. Don't you ever forget Marimekko, they did great things in the 60s'..
Being danish I canít say I agree. I think most Danes either doesnít care about how they look/what they wear (according to a recent survey 50% of the population doesnít care at all about what they wear) or they all tend to wear the same. For teenagers itís mostly MTV inspired or whatever the big trend in Italy or London was a year ago. Off course a few try to dress different but itís definitely a very small minority and being a relatively frequent traveler to Italy I certainly see more interesting outfits down there than up here, even though I agree that most of the Italian teenagers also tend to wear the same.

Btw thank you for the all pics!

11-03-2005
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by CelineChic
Invicta is also really popular among the Italians in Montreal. I guess Italians around the world communicate with eachother to make sure they're uniform
Pretty much every Italian in Toronto has one too.

front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arug
I European fashion, but here up north people don't quite get it yet.
I can't find any good designers in Finlands capital, Helsinki.
But we are waking up slowly.
I agree! Here's nothing.

11-03-2005
front row

Drowned and the other Northern girl, give yourselves a break! It is veeery difficult to be fashionable and glamorous when its cold!

11-03-2005
V.I.P.

Quote:
Theese skirts / pants are very popular here..you can by them in the market for 5 euros.. I guess Richmond doesnt care, they dont even know who he is..

please explain this skirt to me... i like it

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#1, european, guidelines, post, posting, reading, requires, street, style