How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Trend Spotting / Streetstyle
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

10-03-2006
backstage pass

^do you have any pics of your own from that day that you could post?

10-03-2006
Fashion Icon googoo gagaa

no..i wasnt even expecting someone would take my pic..just threw on jeans n a jacket..but some photogs said they loved my bag n shoes..one said she loved my jacket...uhh i wana c meee lol

backstage pass

jajaja funny you mentioned guessing people's natinality by the way the dress. Last summer i was at a mall with some friends and we sat down for lunch and as we look around we started guessing who where foreigners and it was so funny because were right(we later walked by and heard the language they were speaking).

( italians wearing macro glasses including the guys, and look all very stylish, some other spanish guys where wearing polos with the collars-not sure if that is the word for what i mean- raised.It was so funny. But it was clear that europeans have a different style from americans.

20-03-2006
backstage pass

I saw the woman wearing this coat during my recent trip to Amsterdam
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CAYR.jpg (270.7 KB, 14 views)

fashion icon

Scanned from a Dutch ELLEgirl
first 2 from Paris, 3&4 from London

28-03-2006
windowshopping

I feel that, in America, it's more about looking pretty rather than looking interesting. like yesterday at the beach I saw hundreds of girls in bejeweled bikinis with those belly necklaces. then there are the few rocker chics withtheir jet-black hair and ripped black t-shirts(but they cam sometime be seen as wearing a "uniform" as well). well, later this one girl came walking up in this blue and green stripped t-shirt dress that was like 3 sizes too big and the back of it was cut-out....and she managed to make something look so cool, that could have just looked strage on anyone else. too me it's a european thing....it might not have been, but I'd bet it was. she looked a little off-beat without "trying" to look different.

04-04-2006
V.I.P.

05-04-2006
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mish.Miami
I feel that, in America, it's more about looking pretty rather than looking interesting.
Right on!

This is so weird
Am I sleeping, Is this a
dream?...No!
Am I a Mouse?
Am I an elephant?
And
I had just sliced your tongue

05-04-2006
V.I.P.

front row

wow what original outfits...cough NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

16-04-2006
scenester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mish.Miami
I feel that, in America, it's more about looking pretty rather than looking interesting. like yesterday at the beach I saw hundreds of girls in bejeweled bikinis with those belly necklaces. then there are the few rocker chics withtheir jet-black hair and ripped black t-shirts(but they cam sometime be seen as wearing a "uniform" as well). well, later this one girl came walking up in this blue and green stripped t-shirt dress that was like 3 sizes too big and the back of it was cut-out....and she managed to make something look so cool, that could have just looked strage on anyone else. too me it's a european thing....it might not have been, but I'd bet it was. she looked a little off-beat without "trying" to look different.
what a great realization cuz its soo true! i live in america, in ca where the beach and sunny weather is. a great place where the weather allows you to be funky. but...that people just dont get it. they're all about designer this, this look is in only and you're wierd if you dont follow the rules. it makesme mad but its fun cuz it challenges you to break the rules and get people's attention. they realize that YOU DONT care and that makes you bold. but then, they look at evryone else and are like...oh well i cant do that cuz everyone else wont like it.

02-05-2006
scenester

I've been following the street style threads for a while now, so I thought it's time I brought my feeble contribution from a city a fellow TFSer rightly called "a fashion Sahara". These are some pics I took today(02.05.2006) in the "Universitate" area, Bucharest, Romania- unfortunately it happened to be a rather cold and tired day (yesterday was a state holiday) so the style pictured isn't really spectacular. I promise next time I'll try and do better.

DSCF2449.JPG

DSCF2450.JPG

I liked this girl's skirt- corduroy panels of different colours, with little rhomboidal shapes with glass inserts- rather hippieish.

scenester

The girl with the brown coat had a very cute ruffled shirt and a gorgeous self made bag (suede and hemp)- unfortunately the pic isn't really good.

DSCF2443.JPG

scenester

I took this pic because I liked the stripey tights of the girl on the left (brown and yellow) and the way she paired them with a berry coloured corduroy/suede skirt. She looked cool in real life, sorry I'm such a bad photographer

DSCF2446.JPG

fashion icon

OMG, Ank9! Thank you so much! Keep them coming!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#1, european, guidelines, post, posting, reading, requires, street, style