How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Trend Spotting / Streetstyle
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

02-01-2009
V.I.P.

same source

02-01-2009
V.I.P.

same source

02-01-2009
rising star

Ooh LegsXI thanks for the yummy posts! I sometimes think fashion filosofy only gets in a very small niche of Irish street style. I think there are alot more bland dressers out there than it may seem, but also a lot more great ones too that perhaps are not as in-your face.. Though i guess that is what makes them noticeable to a photographer in the first place..!
Anyway here are some from a blog I just found dublinstreets.blogspot.com

Last edited by Hanne; 27-01-2009 at 04:15 PM.
02-01-2009
don't look down

I do find, from my own experience and the stories I hear from others, that there's a definite small-mindedness in Northern Ireland where men and women can attract abuse for standing out too much.

There were always a lot of inventive dressers around areas such as the Art College because students would happily wear their own designs at all hours of the day, but elsewhere, outfits become safer. And I also think the weather stops people from being too 'impractical' with their clothing, because it's so variable you end up dressing to anticipate rain at any moment.

front row

Irish guys are WOW

13-01-2009
windowshopping

i absolutely hate fashion filosophy, dublinstreets is far better because they seem to pick out people who put clothes together and look comfortable, unlike ff which i think just follows the latest trends and looks for people who do so too, i think they (the blogs not irish people) are really uninspiring.
Every now and again they find someone with good style, but not very often.
(the reason im so passionate about it is because i'm from dublin, and when found those two sites i was so excited to see whats going on back home, but instead i just find them bland)

13-01-2009
rising star

I gotta agree with you B.L.U.E especially with ff.. often they seem somewhat staged too and deffo only show a small section of Irish street style... someone did take a photo of me and my friend on Grafton St. yesterday though.. she asked about labels we like and where our clothes were from... I'd just come from college though and was really confused.. i didn't even think to ask what it was for!

13-01-2009
V.I.P.

I agree too, they don't really get their pics off the streets either, they're more from poncy events and stuff

14-01-2009
front row

^^^ thats exactly what I was thinking, all the pics are from the same few events...boring! There are no good irish blogs on street style or fashion for that matter...although if there are I stand corrected! Maybe I should get off my *** and start my own...hmm!

14-01-2009
rising star

i really don't think it's a matter of not enough blogs... there is just little to no innovation in dublin at the moment. So much of it is London-style-3-months-too-late, then there's also a large proportion of topshop and urban outfitters aficionados, and outside of that, there's very little else. I get what you mean about art students Tigerrouge about art students... but i also think a lot of people are trying too hard to emulate what they see on the internet being beamed in from London/NY/Scandinavia.
i think it's time that Irish street style became something of its own, and not a pale and pathetic imitation of other cities!

trendsetter

some wicked looks, very london-ish though.

windowshopping

I personally think that Dublin can be really inspiring, it's so creative and I know so many people who have broadened my mind when it comes to fashion and culture. Even in a shop like Topshop on the Green the staff are so clued in and really represent their own creativity. I think at the moment there is a new generation of fashionably-creative people coming out of the art colleges and the club scene etc. The problem with these blogs though is, I think, that they want to portray a certain image, i.e they want to be as acceptable as possible, but daring and cooky at the same time, so instead of taking photos of really stylish people they take photos of your typical urban outfitters-lemmings and people who look like they're going to the rocky horror picture show!

27-01-2009
windowshopping

Although, 9 pics down in post 211 is John Rocha's daughter (not sure if it's Simone or his other daughter whose name I don't know), and she has amazing style!

28-01-2009
front row

It's Simone, B.L.U.E., There's another pic of her here too. And it's by far the best outfit on this page although I do love the 3rd girl down in post 212 too. She's super cute!
Some of the festival pics are blargh. Just because you're too out of it to put a coherrent outfit together doesn't make it kooky and stylish. It just makes it pretentious and annoying.
I don't like fashion filisophy at all but dublin streets is great sometimes, but it's all the people at certain events. There should be more street fashion!
Anyway, maybe I should just get out my digital camera and put it where my mouth is next time I'm in Dublin.
eh, eh....

Last edited by saturdaysgirl; 28-01-2009 at 08:23 AM. Reason: more opinions
31-01-2009
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YayYay533 View Post
Irish guys are WOW
I agree

They were leafing through your hair
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
irish, street, style