How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Trend Spotting / Streetstyle
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

02-02-2009
windowshopping

saturdaysgirl...you should do it in barcelona. An Irish perspective on Spanish streetstyle!

06-02-2009
front row

Whenever I have my camera I don't see anyone and 1 time I didn't and I saw 3 great looking people in fantastic clothes in a row.
Sod's law dagnabit!
Now you can do Edinburgh
I just had a look back and the last page and I just can't verbalise how much I hate 'festival fashion' so hopefully this will suffice:

Last edited by saturdaysgirl; 06-02-2009 at 03:26 AM. Reason: more more
07-02-2009
she had boys in her room

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venús As A Boy View Post
and thre's a great café above it!
Yes, I love Cafe Irie

Dublin is very influenced by London street style, probably because it's a relatively small city. DublinStreets is a pretty good blog, but 'sceney'. I often see people who deserve to be photographed, but I'd feel weird asking them to stop and pose

11-02-2009
front row

I feel the same too (about asking people to stop and pose). But it's quite flattering when it happens to you. So I guess most people would just take it as a compliment or just say no.
Cafe Irie's great! It's got lots of veggie options.
Aaaanyway.....Here's a new one from Dublin Streets. I'm quite sure it hasn't been posted and it's the best recent one IMO.
DiamondSea, you are a mystery! You know about Dublin as well at the best of British.....hmm....very interesting!

windowshopping

Opinions of Ireland's fashion!
Don't ask me why, but I've always been curious about what other nationalities
think of Ireland, the people and the style?! I'm a tad nosy.

30-03-2009
front row

Some good Irish Street Style.... my fav..

all from fashion filosofy on blogspot.
This is interesting but I don't like it: Apparently she won a Nokia for being stylish

I do like this!

from Dublin Streets @blogspot

scenester

Quote:
Originally Posted by saturdaysgirl View Post
Some good Irish Street Style.... my fav..

from Dublin Streets @blogspot
Ha,shes a good friend of mine - she always gets her pic taken by bloggers.Im going to use her as a model for my end of year thingy..

30-03-2009
scenester

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiamondSea View Post
Dublin is very influenced by London street style, probably because it's a relatively small city. DublinStreets is a pretty good blog, but 'sceney'. I often see people who deserve to be photographed, but I'd feel weird asking them to stop and pose
Very true,in fact I was London a month ago and there was a group of flourescent nu-rave girls on the tube - I instantly thought Dublin , and I was right(and dissapointed I was right)

In my opinion the people who get it right in Dublin are not the super fashion conscious people,but the ones who just see something they like regardless of trends and make it work because they trust their own tastes.

30-03-2009
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbdas View Post
In my opinion the people who get it right in Dublin are not the super fashion conscious people,but the ones who just see something they like regardless of trends and make it work because they trust their own tastes.
Very well said cbdas!!! I'm inclined to agree.. I dunno if it is because I am quite young and I see alot of people of my own age (who one could see are more influenced by trends) around the city, but Dubliners seem to hop onto trends a little too keenly! Noticing a spesific "look" or style that someone has, in the long term, becomes more interesting.
If anyone here is going the Trinity Ball it could be a good place to snap people..? Or it could be a really good place to loose one's camera!!

31-03-2009
front row

Trinity Ball style is almost as bad as festival style.
Yes, I know Katie too, cbdas I used to work with her in BTs. HEHE.
And I agree about people from Dublin hoping on trends. It's pathetic and embarrassing.
It seems that there are very few people with orginality and style. *sigh*

fashion insider

Never even knew this thread existed! I completely agree that the street style over here is heavily based on other cities, I think its going to be sometime before we break free and create our own different style....

rising star

.. unless the four or five of us here on tFS break free and start to blaze our own trails... ?
cough. never mind then.

backstage pass

Is it just me but individual cities dont really have their own styles... its just in big cities people who care about fashion live... and hence if you go on the street you see more stylish people... most country people aint into there style too much!

25-04-2009
windowshopping

I don't see it anywhere other than Dublin where you can tell someone's life story by what they're wearing.

Dublin is like it's made up of several large cliques, where everyone dresses accordingly. It's quite depressing. And if 95% of girls aren't wearing Topshop, they're wearing the Penney's knockoff.

Don't even get me started on men's style >_<

25-04-2009
front row

I know! My brother has started reading GQ magazine though so there could be hope for him. Though he doesn't dress to badly at the moment.

I do find it difficult to dress the way I want to in Dublin though. I mean you can dress very fashionably in Paris or London even and it would be normal, But when I'm in Dublin I feel like it's a bit too much.

Are the Irish ready for high fashion?

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
irish, street, style