How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Trend Spotting / Streetstyle
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

22-08-2005
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by northernsky
very nice pictures. and, yes, that girl with the red headband is lovely! the headband, the earrings, the cardigan. (she herself looks sweet too.) but i can't figure out how the headband works, i mean, did she tie it up on the top of her head, or is this bow just fixed on the band? could someone explain it to me please?
hey northernsky! my assumption is that the headband was made of a long scarf-like-cloth and she tied it up like that. looks pretty sophisticated, doesnt it? =) hope that helps! i see her often in Nişantaşı (a very cool district here in Istanbul with awesome cafes and clubs, a place with a perfect vibe. (it has open air bars, so you hang around in the street at evenings with hip music on the background, i like it ), and if i happen to see her again, i may give it a try to ask her about the headband! (hope she doesnt get "") =)))

22-08-2005
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanSalvadorGirl
Oh I love Istanbul..it's one of my favourite citys! I spent 2 months there this year. They have a great variety of people and styles and the city is packed with young people. Shopping and Nightlife there is great!!! Thanx for the cool pictures

For you SanSalvadorGirl, hope it brings back beautiful Istanbul memories.
If you have not been there, you should next time! =)

http://photos.photosig.com/photos/55...2b65fce12b.jpg

22-08-2005
scenester

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnalogBubblebath
For you SanSalvadorGirl, hope it brings back beautiful Istanbul memories.
If you have not been there, you should next time! =)

http://photos.photosig.com/photos/55...2b65fce12b.jpg
Oh beautiful picture...yes that's Istanbul! I took the ferry boat so many times, it was a wonderful view!
On my very first day, a seagull pooped on my head It was very disgraceful, but later I laughed about it
I hope I will come back to Istanbul someday!

22-08-2005
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanSalvadorGirl
Oh beautiful picture...yes that's Istanbul! I took the ferry boat so many times, it was a wonderful view!
On my very first day, a seagull pooped on my head It was very disgraceful, but later I laughed about it
I hope I will come back to Istanbul someday!
happens!

22-08-2005
trendsetter

Quote:
hey northernsky! my assumption is that the headband was made of a long scarf-like-cloth and she tied it up like that. looks pretty sophisticated, doesnt it? =) hope that helps! i see her often in Nişantaşı (a very cool district here in Istanbul with awesome cafes and clubs, a place with a perfect vibe. (it has open air bars, so you hang around in the street at evenings with hip music on the background, i like it ), and if i happen to see her again, i may give it a try to ask her about the headband! (hope she doesnt get "") =)))
with nothing better to do i just tried to wrap a narrow scarf around my head and make it look like hers. it didn't work because my scarf is either too long or too short, but i think you are right.

btw: Nişantaşı sounds like a cool place to hang out. (and i'm sure she won't get too "" if you ask her about it. it's flattering in a way. )

22-08-2005
windowshopping

Great thread! I'd love to visit Istanbul one of these days. Lovely people, lovely city!

22-08-2005
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal.Adroit
Great thread! I'd love to visit Istanbul one of these days. Lovely people, lovely city!
=D When you decide to visit, i can recommend you some nice spots if you like Mal.Adroit.

22-08-2005
windowshopping

Aww, thank you! How sweet. It'll probably won't be soon what with lack of money and all, but I will definitely go as soon as I save up! :-)

23-08-2005
backstage pass

23-08-2005
tfs star

AnalogBubblebath, you have officially created in me a desire to visit Istanbul! The people seem lovely and incredibly cool!

This is now my fav. streetstyle thread

23-08-2005
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by skim_hazelnut_latte
AnalogBubblebath, you have officially created in me a desire to visit Istanbul! The people seem lovely and incredibly cool!

This is now my fav. streetstyle thread
yay! so glad you like it!

23-08-2005
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnalogBubblebath
I want this dress in the worst way!! Great pics Analog!

V.I.P.

This is awesome, Analog Thank you so much and welcome to tFS!!

I see lots of things here I love!! The whole outfit above, the tweed suit and the trench/red belt in post 5, and the black jacket on the girl with the jeans in post 13 (she looks very similar to the Kate Moss channeler in the brown dress, no?). Those are just my favorites, of course.

Great variety as Tang said

24-08-2005
backstage pass

curious, you'd look cool in some of these clothes I bet.
Analog,,, Thanks for the pictures. I've heard about Istanbul fashion but have never seen it. A very interesting mix of different influnces. Keep up the good work. I'm enjoying to see the fashion and also the people too.

24-08-2005
windowshopping

Cripes the people are gorgeous! (and the place seems very travel-worthy too)

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
istanbul, street, style