How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Trend Spotting / Streetstyle
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

08-06-2006
etre soi-meme

^ yes, its so fresh and 'non-trying' glad you like the style mass

15-06-2006
fashion icon

This is not really streetstyle, but I don't where else to post it
Article about Italians and their mobile phones..
Scanned by me from Dutch ELLE july06

The small interviews are all about who they're calling, about what, how many times a day and if their telephonebill is high If someone wants a better translation, just ask, I'll translate it for you...

front row

Are all footballers truzzi or fighetti? Because I would call that style Beckham-like.

15-06-2006
backstage pass

^
yep they are. but beckham copies italian style (esp the long hair with hairband)

17-06-2006
rising star

I'm going to Rome in a few weeks time, and then to somewhere called San Gimignano (in Tuscany I think). I just wondered what sort of weather there's likely to be?

And also how to dress for the evening. I've been to quite a lot of the Mediterranean and found that in the evening people tend not to dress up very much for restaurants, and wondered if this was the case in the evening?

And what footwear would you recommend for a lot of walking around Rome, that's comfortable but still stylish?
Thanks

17-06-2006
fashion icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox_
I love this (except for the sunglasses):
I love that style too

17-06-2006
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveInParis
And also how to dress for the evening. I've been to quite a lot of the Mediterranean and found that in the evening people tend not to dress up very much for restaurants, and wondered if this was the case in the evening?

And what footwear would you recommend for a lot of walking around Rome, that's comfortable but still stylish?
Thanks
Depends where you're going, of course...but Italians like to dress up esp. for posh events! About the footwear; Rome is beautiful but it's a pity there are so many tourists spoiling the beauty It's usually quite hot around this time of the year so keep that in mind! I'd say some cute flats or sandals will do, Rome is not a 'fashion city' anymore

17-06-2006
fashion icon

"When in Rome, do as the Romans do"

17-06-2006
trendsetter

I don't know about Rome, but here in Turin every single girl is wearing flat sandals/flat slippers with a very thin sole

17-06-2006
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveInParis
I'm going to Rome in a few weeks time, and then to somewhere called San Gimignano (in Tuscany I think). I just wondered what sort of weather there's likely to be?

Thanks
I am going there in July! Hot and humid, about 35 degrees (so they told me).

I am going to wear linnen trousers coordinated with cotton tops/shirts. A nice necklace and gorgeous bag if I go to a restaurant in the evening.

As for shoes, flat chocolate leather sandals from Bally, moccasins from Geox (the ones on their website page) and one pair of sandals for the evening.

I want to be confortable and stylish, certainly :p

27-06-2006
rising star

The Sartorialist has been taking some incredible photos of Milan streetstyle now that he is there covering the men's shows.

For photos of girls he is posting them on his own site- http://thesartorialist.blogspot.com/

...but even better are the photos of the guys he's been doing for style.com over here- http://men.style.com/fashion/blogs/s2007men

28-06-2006
chaos reigns

my friend Mariella wears jeans like the Berlinese girl (she's in Barcelona now)...

Distressed? Hum ... my fave jeans got "distressed" so I stopped wearing them ... not a good look -esp on girls-

(thesatorialist)

scenester

i love everything in italy the fashion Style , the food , the weather , the people , the shopping , the designers(prada .. gucci .. fendi ferre .. d&g .. pucci .. versace .. armani .. etc ...) i love italy

26-07-2006
backstage pass

^^
you summed it up perfectly

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
italian, street, style