How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Trend Spotting / Streetstyle
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

08-08-2010
rising star

^ Agree completely! I'm not sure why but I find it just so daring in comparison to other places, the style really captures London and its diversity

10-08-2010
fashion insider

I agree that London has the best street style and not just because I'm a Londoner. I much prefer the Paris chic look but when I go to Paris I see no one well dressed on the street at all! Last time I was in Paris for 5 days I saw no one looking stylish AT ALL and i'm not exaggerating... I feel like a lot of the Parisian street style we see are of famous French people or French bloggers. Whereas, in London I think you see a lot of normal very stylish people so yeah I agree on London street style being the best.

rising star

WOW!

I miss walking through London so much. The best source of inspiration!

14-08-2010
backstage pass

stylescout.blogspot.com

18-08-2010
backstage pass

love the shoes!!

Last edited by lifeis; 18-08-2010 at 12:22 PM.
18-08-2010
windowshopping

I agree with lifeis, the shoes are adorable! Her cardi look squite nice as well, looks like yellow flowers near the butons! Me likey...

19-08-2010
V.I.P.

its a very badly put together outfit imo

trendsetter

IA, it's too messy.

20-08-2010
windowshopping

^^ I wouldn't wear her outfit it doesn't go...but I do like her cardigan and shoes-very cute IMO

20-08-2010
fashion insider

To be honest, I think the street style photos of London are never as good as the Paris ones because they never photograph the right people. I see so many more chic people in London than I do in Paris but it's just to do with the photographer being in the right place at the right time...
Really not a fan of that outfit

fashion elite

The thing that I find most frustrating is that street style photographers and the fashion websites that feature them have such a narrow view of what style is. They photograph they same type of people (rich, white, middle class) in the same places all the time. Wish they would be a bit more adventurous and travel to the lesser covered London boroughs and photographed all types of Londoners. Londoners of South Asian, African and Caribbean origin (and pretty much anyone that is not on 90K + a year) are almost invisible in street style photos and yet they are a large part of why London fashion is so special and exciting. hmph. If I didnt fail so much at photography Id get out there myself...

graziadaily.com

20-08-2010
fashion insider

I really love Grazia's style snaps most of the time. I interned there for a bit and got to go through the archive of them hahah

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by laisla View Post
The thing that I find most frustrating is that street style photographers and the fashion websites that feature them have such a narrow view of what style is. They photograph they same type of people (rich, white, middle class) in the same places all the time. Wish they would be a bit more adventurous and travel to the lesser covered London boroughs and photographed all types of Londoners. Londoners of South Asian, African and Caribbean origin (and pretty much anyone that is not on 90K + a year) are almost invisible in street style photos and yet they are a large part of why London fashion is so special and exciting. hmph. If I didnt fail so much at photography Id get out there myself...
I agree - oxford street is where these photographers should walk around for a few weeks..

[

trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by laisla View Post
The thing that I find most frustrating is that street style photographers and the fashion websites that feature them have such a narrow view of what style is. They photograph they same type of people (rich, white, middle class) in the same places all the time. Wish they would be a bit more adventurous and travel to the lesser covered London boroughs and photographed all types of Londoners. Londoners of South Asian, African and Caribbean origin (and pretty much anyone that is not on 90K + a year) are almost invisible in street style photos and yet they are a large part of why London fashion is so special and exciting.
So true, couldn't agree more

23-08-2010
scenester

Quote:
Originally Posted by raerae View Post
I think London has one of the greatest streetstyles!!
I totally agree with you!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#2, london, street, style