How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Trend Spotting / Streetstyle
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

06-08-2009
front row

haha that was one thing i noticed in LA not many people do actually walk around, apart from in the busy shopping areas.
Since we didnt have a car it was all metros and taxis for us but when we where walking around Beverly Hills (where we were staying) we noticed how quiet it actually is.

06-08-2009
fashion icon

yeah its weird. it seems like a ghost town during the day but at night its super busy especially along the strip.

windowshopping

Scan Glitter 0908

Last edited by chieuhotay; 08-08-2009 at 07:08 PM.
08-08-2009
Iowa Girl Loves Fashion

^ Thanks for those scans.

08-08-2009
front row

I always notice people in LA wear a lot of white and drive white cars. I don't know what can be gathered from this...the cooling effect of white in the Cali sun? The fact the car won't get bleached in said sun? ...? ...? ...? The mind wonders and wanders....

09-08-2009
windowshopping

do party photos count?
gosh...the style IS pretty damn bad here...
but here's some more to add to the thread to get another feel of la style

09-08-2009
I don't know

wow at the lady with the purple dress and sneakers

Last edited by saann; 13-08-2009 at 01:21 AM.
12-08-2009
scenester

love this outfit

source: colormenana.blogspot.com

23-09-2009
front row

Where are the must go to shops in LA? Non tacky please!!

14-11-2009
V.I.P.

^ Third Street Promenade?

15-11-2009
trendsetter

Street Fashion: Melrose Trading Post

Kelly Brannigan from Beverly Hills with an American Apparel look,” wearing a white tank top, gray half sweater and gray Uggs.

Sara from Miracle Mile, who declined to give her last name, with a '60s nautical” look, accented with her Coach bag and $7 sunglasses just purchased at Melrose Trading Post.

Carla from Los Feliz, who declined to give her last name, wearing a La Rox dress, vintage belt, Cardella NYC boots and a Christine B bag.

Drew Baker from Silver Lake, with an “affordable style”: an Urban Outfitters cardigan and desert boots.

Silver Lake's Courtney -- who declined to give her last name -- wearing a vintage dress she cut herself.

Melinda Dean from Venice says she goes for a vintage look. The see-through top is from American Apparel.

Mark, from Venice, sporting Miss Sixty jeans, antique bracelets and a “hipster hat.” He wished not to use his last name, but says he wears the same style of outfit regardless of that day’s activities, including when he pilots a plane around California.

Caitlin Hassler, left, calls her look “summer casual." It features cut-off Levis and Cherokee Indian boots. Fellow Silver Lake resident Sarah Comer sports what she calls a "hippie Western" style, with a Forever 21 top, H&M bag, Nine West shoes and vintage jewelry.

Fashion advice from Lauren Alexander of Westwood: White tees, vintage necklaces and flannels, that’s key.”

Mellody Vere describes her style and outfit as “'80s-'90s mishmash”or cowboy punk.”

The best of both worlds: Kaeli Spiri of Chino Hills likes a sophisticated yet laid-back look.

Christy Vukets of Manhattan Beach likes the sexy beachy look."

Katie Cardew, a backpacker from England, is hosteling it in Los Angeles with second-hand clothing and some Uggs. She calls her style that of a “preppy backpacker.”

latimes

15-11-2009
trendsetter

Third Street

Peter Molina of West L.A. likes a "comfortable, fashion-forward" look.

Krista Gugliotti of West Hollywood aims for "sassy chic." She keeps it as natural as possible during the day and gets "spunky at night."

Haley Bartlett, left, goes for a "sophisticated sexy" look, while friend Rochelle Hathaway, a bargain shopper, prefers thrift stores.

Sahra Amere of Temecula wears "vintage and mismatched" from stores such as Forever 21.

Aaron Gonzalez of Laurel Canyon laughs as he describes his style as "funky booty chic." Krystal Simpson, also of Laurel Canyon, says hers is "Keith Richards-meets-Anita Pallenberg … vintage with a high-end feel."

Temar Abate of East L.A. shops on Melrose Avenue and likes to keep it "trendy, classy, chic."

Frederick Leonce of West Hollywood works a "vintage hipster" style.

Phyllis Wang of Hancock Park wears "whatever I like … interesting brands and conceptual designers."

Carissa Ferreri of West Hollywood likes to look "comfortable, easy, just rolled out of bed."

latimes

15-11-2009
trendsetter

I wish I was kidding, but the best dressed in the Santee Alley street fashion section was this Boston terrier named Harley. His outfit is custom made.

latimes

15-11-2009
trendsetter

Street Fashion: Abbot Kinney, Venice

Rebecca Wilson of Long Beach sports a Dooney & Bourke bag and enjoys comfortable antique clothing.

Tica Bengston and Foxy, with a surfer tee, shorts and Crap Eyewear sunglasses

Matt Hart of Venice believes in picking one outfit and sticking with it. Here, he wears Newton running shoes.

Georgia Ford of Venice says she likes to look retro fabulous with vintage clothes and hand-painted shoes.

Stacy Smith is from France. Her "classic chic" look includes Prada glasses and a Tod's bag.

Jacob Sadowsky of Silver Lake sports a "free-pile commando bum" look.

Celeste Young of Venice wears a Target swimsuit cover-up. She loves frocks and describes her overall style as "jazzy and magical."

Josh Tapia of Monrovia has a "hippie organic" look and a bag from Mexico City.

latimes

15-11-2009
trendsetter

Westfield Century City Mall

"I like an eclectic style," says Redondo Beach resident Ashley Gidney, 20. "I'm from England, so I prefer a traditional look with something more urban." She adds that she "wears a lot of scarves."

Ja'Lon Johnson, 21, and at USC, says his look is "urban, yet sophisticated." He's wearing a Forever 21 necklace and Diesel jeans.

"I like classic-looking stuff but still trendy and timeless," says Annabelle Waters, 21, of West Hollywood. "Feminine with edginess. My dress and tights are feminine, but my boots are edgier."

Levi Beutler, 25, of Los Feliz says his style is "'60s psychedelic garage rock, plus a little bit of 90s garage with some post punk goth." No surprise that his shirt is vintage.

Austin Dash, 19, of Hollywood, left, goes for "creative punk. High-end and trendy," while David Levy's look is "bloody punk, hipster." "We get a lot of our style ideas from vampires," Dash says.

Holly Skinner, 26, of Brentwood, described her style as "fun and chic." She's currently "fall boot crazy."

Lauren McKnight, 21, from Echo Park, is more "fancy and whimsical; California classic," while Joshua Michael Patterson, 24, of downtown, is "preppy, circa '30s or '40s with unnecessary accessories." He says his scarf is "taken from a French or German style."

Yelena Krupen of Los Angeles loves her Robin's Jeans, (which she paired with Chanel boots and a Tiffany & Co. necklace). "People always say, 'Robin is cold, she wants her jeans back.'" Her style as a whole? "European, trendy, dangerous, provocative, exotic -- but tasteful and elegant. Womanly elegant."

Alexandria Montague, 21, from Los Feliz, is into "floral prints, Doc Martins and black," sort of "'90s reincarnate."

latimes

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
angeles, los, street, style