How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Trend Spotting / Streetstyle
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

30-03-2010
front row

A collage of hipsters... not exactly LA style.

Uggs, orange skin, frosted locks, rhinestones, and muffin tops pretty much sums up Orange County style.

No offense, by the way.

31-03-2010
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Persephone G. View Post
A collage of hipsters... not exactly LA style.

Uggs, orange skin, frosted locks, rhinestones, and muffin tops pretty much sums up Orange County style.

No offense, by the way.
This is incredibly true.

rising star

I have to say the bike picture is awesome!

02-04-2010
fashion insider

Thanks for all the posts meeks, some great looks there I think

front row

ahh, nothing like LA style...

12-04-2010
fashion insider

Haha, L.A. wouldn't be my kind of city... Although I was born and raised in Mexico and then moved to Chicago when I was 9, I now prefer the 4 season experience where as in L.A. and Mexico its always pretty much summer. I'll like to visit L.A. but not live there, i guess that if I could move to anywhere in the world I'd to NYC, Paris, or London.

13-04-2010
Iowa Girl Loves Fashion

^ But Chicago isn't too bad. I lived there for a couple of years, out of choice... it's really my type of city. Course, I'm a true Midwesterner. I'm definitely not in LA by choice.

Amour Comme Hiver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erin View Post
^ Well.. I would say that the majority of people in LA are a bit lazier on fashion.. hence, not having the "gorgeous" outfits, at least not out to shop in the more touristy areas. That's how I see it - if you're in a warm weather climate nearly year-round in the US, the overall style of that area is a bit more relaxed.

Not saying it's right, or that it's an excuse - but it's how I feel about LA and it's "style"
I think you're totally right. At the moment, LA is my top destination post-college, because I hate cold weather. I was talking about it with a classmate the other day, whom I consider incredibly stylish, and she said that she prefers cool/cold weather because it gives you more of an opportunity to dress (layers and accessories and such). When it's 105 degrees in the shade, of course you don't want to be decked out in lots of layers and metal jewelry; you have to be more practical. Given the pics I've seen here, I think Californians do what they can with what they've got, but at the end of the day, you can't really make an intricate outfits out of basics, and when it's hotter than sin, you don't want to wear much more than the basics.

13-05-2010
tfs star

What the f**k is this?! Sometimes I think the photographers purposely choose people wearing terrible outfits...just to scare people. Most of the outfits are just so dated and...kind of 2001.

Iowa Girl Loves Fashion

Quote:
Originally Posted by KhaoticKharma View Post
I think Californians do what they can with what they've got, but at the end of the day, you can't really make an intricate outfits out of basics, and when it's hotter than sin, you don't want to wear much more than the basics.
Yup. It does get cooler here, but never wool coat cool, in my opinion... where may you be moving from?

Nice avatar of Anna, by the way.

Amour Comme Hiver

^ I currently live on the coast of Virginia (Virginia Beach area), which is pretty humid itself these days even though we can get legitimately cold winters. I want to go into public relations, and even though fashion PR is concentrated in New York, I think I'd rather sacrifice the kind of PR I go into (entertainment over fashion) for the warmer weather. And even though it's not particularly popular on the forums, there is something about the beachy laid back style that I do find appealing.

19-05-2010
Iowa Girl Loves Fashion

^ Yes, there's something carefree about it....

If I had the $$$ for fabulous dresses, that's all I'd wear around here. But I'm from the Midwest, so I feel that I need to incorporate a variety of pieces into my wardrobe... shorts, skirts, etc. I am definitely not a true Californian, and therefore do not exhibit true California style.

V.I.P.

elle.com

01-06-2010
Iowa Girl Loves Fashion

Gah... yeah... just not getting into that...

I was at Union Station Sunday, though, and saw a gal wearing a fabulous floral romper and a long sweater... thought it looked awesome. She had her gorgeous hair down, and it was such a casual, yet fabulous, outfit. I had my large camera with me and was too slow - and shy - to take a photo.

V.I.P.

elle

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
angeles, los, street, style