How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Trend Spotting / Streetstyle
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

16-02-2010
front row

FRIDA! Ooooh I love her outfit <3

17-02-2010
fashion elite

i have a lot of pics on my blog!!!!
sorry but im too tired to post them here tonite, feel free to do it

btw LOVE THE LAST PIC

17-02-2010
rising star

hana's back for zac posen!amazing!

17-02-2010
trendsetter

4 seasons with Alana Zimmer (Supreme)

After the Derek Lam Fall/Winter 2010 show at New York Fashion Week. I left more of the background intact in this shot, just because it looked interesting with all the snow, buildings, cabs, police cars, police scooter, black cab, yellow cab....for a New York feel.

At the Spring/Summer 2010 New York Fashion Week shows, talking candidly with Hye Park (Sept. 2009)

At the Fall/Winter 2009 Paris Fashion Week shows (March 2009). I remember taking this shot and not being able to back up any further without bumping into a bunch of people.

At the Spring/Summer 2009 New York Fashion Week shows (September 2008).

modelsoffduty.com

17-02-2010
trendsetter

Model Off Duty: Anne Vyalitsyna

In our monthly Model Off Duty stories, we always try to find some sort of uniting theme in the spotlighted subject's personal style. Some girls are super austere and others are whimsical, but there are few who are quite like today's muse—Anne Vyalitsyna, a.k.a. Anne V. With her playful taste in fashion, perpetually changing beauty look, and gorgeous figure that is beloved by everyone (from fashion designers to the dudes who read the swimsuit edition of Sports Illustrated), Anne V. is a complete knockout through and through.

Despite the fact that Anne V.'s kind of a style chameleon (more on that in a moment), her core of clothing choices reveal that she loves to make a statement, albeit a sophisticated one. While she goes for a range of colors and silhouettes, the regal Russian always includes at least one dramatic element in any given outfit. For example: she was snapped backstage at a Bottega Veneta show wearing a "traditional" MOD outfit, comprised of leather-like Members Only leggings and chunky black Tory Burch boots—all expected fare. But unlike many of her peers who would have kept things monochromatic and plain, Anne V. added an off-the-shoulder Roberto Cavalli sweater dress in an interesting animal-like print. This past fall, she made a similarly intriguing choice for the premiere of The September Issue at the MoMa. She styled three typically MOD-endorsed pieces—Alexander Wang's Brenda Zip Chain Bag ($725), a Fashion's Night Out T-Shirt ($30), and an ahead-of-the-curve pair of Alejandro Ingelmo mules—but then added a bright red Moschino bandage skirt to mix things up and create an unforgettable combo.

Or consider two of her recent red carpet ensembles: a white strapless Peter Som frock she wore to the Met Gala and a multi-tonal draped Yigal Azrouel Silk Jersey Dress for The New York Botanical Garden's Winter Wonderland Ball. The former was juiced up with a handful of bold black Erickson Beamon necklaces, while the latter was punctuated with a zipper-embellished pair of Balmain boots. Some might say that wearing a standout event outfit is expected, but we must point out that even Anne V.'s less dressy looks have this can't-miss appeal. The statuesque stunner makes even a subtle greige color come alive via an interesting cut, as she demonstrated in a single-strap Anne Valerie Hash jumpsuit at an event last summer at the American Museum of Natural History. And who could keep themselves from gaping at the spectacular soft print of the Costello Tagliapietra cocktail frock Ms. V. selected for The CFDA/Vogue Fashion Fund Awards? Not us!

If you're feeling like it's time you stood out from the crowd and want to take some style inspiration from today's Model Off Duty, we're happy to help. Readers who favor Anne V.'s casual ensembles probably have some of their own dark staples, but if not, do check out key foundation items like American Apparel's Shiny Leggings ($46) in Night Fever Black, Kova & T's Latex Leggings ($110) which are still an awesome pick, and Fiorentini + Baker Blag Boots ($530), which have an excellent chunky heel. Then you just need a stretchy mini like Current/Elliott's The Mini Skirt ($128) and Joie's Rusy Sweater ($178) for Anne V.'s backstage look. If you prefer her tee-and-bandage skirt outfit, pair BCBG Max Azria's Textured Power Mini Skirt ($138) or American Apparel's Interlock Pencil Skirt ($32) with your favorite cityscape shirt and heeled mules (we love Yves Saint Laurent's Closed Toe Slides ($695) though they are an investment).

As for Ms. V.'s dressier looks, we've got suggestions galore. Create your own tri-color mini dress by pairing a dark draped skirt—like Silence & Noise's Drape Skirt ($48) or Alloy's Knit Drape Skirt ($29)—with a lighter-hued top in a silky fabric. Or you could opt for one of Alice + Olivia's frocks, like the Strapless Drape Dress ($440), which is a nice black-and-white iteration. Zip-embellished ankle boots like Aldo's Cousey Boots ($100) or Dollhouse's Lupo Zipper Booties ($67) will complete the outfit. Traditionalists who want to emulate her white feather frock will like Sue Wong's Strapless Feather Dress ($570), but for a more modern take on this dressy look, we suggest Diane Von Furstenberg's Yoko T-Shirt Dress with Chiffon Feathers ($325). It's still fancy, but the unstructured tee silhouette is a cool option. Finally, if you've got your heart set on Anne V.'s stunning jumpsuit look, try Aqua Couture's Drape Shoulder Jumpsuit ($136) or Diane Von Furstenberg's Draped Stretch Crepe Jumpsuit ($500). Whatever you settle on, you're sure to turn heads, much like our MOD!

WhoWhatWear

17-02-2010
V.I.P.

Don't think I've seen this one posted...

trish-fashionland.blogspot.com

17-02-2010
fashion elite

it was a few months ago

17-02-2010
fashion insider

Backstage Diesel Black gold via zimbio & thecobrasnake

17-02-2010
rising star

2 Seasons with Ieva Laguna

After the Derek Lam show at the Fall/Winter 2010 New York Fashion Week shows.

At the Spring/Summer 2010 London Fashion Week shows.

modelsoffduty.com

17-02-2010
V.I.P.

Hate the dress but she pulls it off well. I love the pictures where the models are standing amidst falling snow. So beautiful!

17-02-2010
trendsetter

2 more:

modelsoffduty.com

18-02-2010
V.I.P.

credit; vogue - Hanneli

18-02-2010
fashion elite

Ieva Laguna is so great but the girl on the last pic (with black hair) kinda frightens me... who is that??

18-02-2010
trendsetter

^Jamie Bochert

Frida's black fur-ish coat is overdoing it a little but she's still able to pull off a polished look. I do like her bag, though.

18-02-2010
Blood On The Leaves

vogue.co.uk

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#2, model, street, style