How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Trend Spotting / Streetstyle
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

21-03-2006
scenester

Quote:
Originally Posted by FASHIONLOVA
he s such a wannabe looser
the term 'wannabe' has been tossed around a lot within this same context.
i dunnoh, are there actually REAL un-wannabe hispter/indie/emo-ee/scene kids? and do they walk the streets of MONTREAL???
and what discerning points validate their authenticity over someone elses?
i think its a bit difficult to say when you have these cross-over music/fashion/etc lifestyle genres. how do you find the appropraite balance. i guess i think devon actually has a real appreciation for the fashion side of things (though it may not fit your bill or mine) which is more than can be said for a lot of the musique plus montreal media knobs.

he's got nothin on ben mulroney.

21-03-2006
V.I.P.

musique plus vjs have absolutely no style at all. if i was to compare them to Devon i guess he'd win but then again u can t compare nothing major to nothing major

21-03-2006
windowshopping

I live in laval (montreal wannabe suburb) n like when i go downtown mtl, i feel at home, lol my style is too kinda "out there" for boring laval ppl. im gonna start takeing pics of ppl, wont b too hard!

backstage pass

devon is actually from montreal, he got the gig in toronto just last year. he's still a wannabe tho, thats for sure.

i hate musipleplus vjs "style",way too grungy. izabelle desjardin looks like she is 17 with her tuques and piggy tails and skater shoes. she looks really good when she dresses like a woman tho.

21-03-2006
V.I.P.

ya, devon s from here and iza, well don t even get me started, she can barelly speak correct french and her style...

21-03-2006
fashion icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boluda
? rockland centre is in ville mt-royal

theyve got it going on at rockland: theres mango, zara, h&m, style Xchange.........
It's on the very border of Parc X and TMR.

The centre's director told me that they used to get more traffic from the Parc X postal codes than the TMR postal codes. When people in Parc X moved to Laval they chose to go to Carrefour Laval instead (which basically has the same stores, if not more)

I think the decrease in people traffic was why Holts closed. The construction on the Rockland circle certainly did not help.

21-03-2006
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by filthy_gorgeous
im gonna start takeing pics of ppl, wont b too hard!
oh please do! it would be TERRIFIC...!

21-03-2006
front row

I hope H&M carries the same stuff when it opens here as in the USA. I dont really like all their clothes. They seem to have some nice trendy stuff, but a lot is not very nice. You have to look. I do love their accessories though!!! And, it is sooooooooooooooo cheap!!!!!!!!! I cant wait for that!

22-03-2006
front row

can any one tell me how to get to the fairview mall or shopping center or whatever it is by metro? Thanks.

22-03-2006
V.I.P.

ur best bet is the metro then bus. am not sure but i think u can get off at du college metro and take 202 all the way to the mall.

22-03-2006
windowshopping

carrefour laval is the biggest mall in Quebec, (not counting downtowns underground) all its missing is H&M and a FREAKIN STARBUCKS! like jesus christ there isnt 1 in laval! neways
I was wondering what u guys's favorite mall and or store is? i Love place rosemere (ppl r nicer than carrefour) n my fav store is west coast and simons

V.I.P.

I don't really have a fave store in particular... I like the small shops on Mont Royal and St-denis...

22-03-2006
V.I.P.

don t like cote vertu or anjou

22-03-2006
windowshopping

i dun like cote vertu neither but anjou works for me! actually im goin friday! haha

front row

i lived in Montreal my whole life, then moved to Paris to go study after going to McGill and i'm back and forth between both.

here is what i think...

Montreal IS a stylish city.

there are a lot of trashy girls who dress at Sirens and Dynamite and Garage and those teens who wear Baby Phat to death... but on the other hand, a lot of girls are stylish.

McGill: i've seen the nicest styles there... vintage stuff, girls mixing it up-- designer and cheaper stuff, very casual in general, cool sneakers and bags, not too much makeup, nice hair in general.

Ude M: im not getting into this. worst styles ever. platform shoes indeed, black pants, Kanuk winter coats, bad, bad purses. girls must be coming from regions outside Montreal.

Concordia: great styles too, way more funky than McGill. lots of Italian gino-style though.

Plateau, Quartier Latin: lots of great styles too, very eclectic.
however quite a few FAKE hippies, those girls who wear long flowery skirts and wannabe dreadlocks, no no no. bad bad bad.

Westmount/NDG Monkland Village: between great and HORRIBLE. LOVE the nice Mackage coats, the great sunglasses, the nice jewelry...
HATE the older ladies dressed in Juicy Couture, and the JAPS that all look-alike with sweatpants, barf.

best places to shop:
holt renfrew
mango
zara
space fb for end of season sales, however HATE the salesgirl and skinny 12 yr old that shop there with daddy's credit card
Indigo
buzz jeans
James
Citrine
cool stores on laurier in general
Fidel clothing
Miss Swiss

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
montreal, street, style