How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Trend Spotting / Streetstyle
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

23-03-2006
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miuccia79
i lived in Montreal my whole life, then moved to Paris to go study after going to McGill and i'm back and forth between both.

here is what i think...

Montreal IS a stylish city.

there are a lot of trashy girls who dress at Sirens and Dynamite and Garage and those teens who wear Baby Phat to death... but on the other hand, a lot of girls are stylish.

McGill: i've seen the nicest styles there... vintage stuff, girls mixing it up-- designer and cheaper stuff, very casual in general, cool sneakers and bags, not too much makeup, nice hair in general.

Ude M: im not getting into this. worst styles ever. platform shoes indeed, black pants, Kanuk winter coats, bad, bad purses. girls must be coming from regions outside Montreal.

Concordia: great styles too, way more funky than McGill. lots of Italian gino-style though.

Plateau, Quartier Latin: lots of great styles too, very eclectic.
however quite a few FAKE hippies, those girls who wear long flowery skirts and wannabe dreadlocks, no no no. bad bad bad.

Westmount/NDG Monkland Village: between great and HORRIBLE. LOVE the nice Mackage coats, the great sunglasses, the nice jewelry...
HATE the older ladies dressed in Juicy Couture, and the JAPS that all look-alike with sweatpants, barf.

best places to shop:
holt renfrew
mango
zara
space fb for end of season sales, however HATE the salesgirl and skinny 12 yr old that shop there with daddy's credit card
Indigo
buzz jeans
James
Citrine
cool stores on laurier in general
Fidel clothing
Miss Swiss

Most of what you said is true, but I dont agree with everything. MANGO? I dont know if its just me, but I went in their once and all the clothing looked super cheap quality with high prices! Maybe, it was just the time I went?

Space ... yuck

In reply, to the JAP comment. I dont think their is anything wrong about being comfortable and wearing sweats. I wear juicy sweats, but not with the big designs on the them or the juicy on the ***... how embarrassing! I find that the quality is pretty good and comfortable. I dont really care if they are not in "style" anymore. So, I guess thats what counts. I do agree it is annoying when all the sweats are the same like ROOTS! I never liked that....

Last edited by Fashion_diva; 23-03-2006 at 03:11 PM.

23-03-2006
backstage pass

Miuccia79. Amen.

23-03-2006
front row

we seem to have similar thoughts about the montreal fashion!

23-03-2006
scenester

i don't mean to be a dick but i think ZARA is the worst place of all time ever.
and BUZZ Jeans...ahha i've walked by that place a few times.
i never noticed the 'jeans' part in the name.
just a big wall of lacoste/skateboarding shoes.
hun?
i figured it was just some front for the orthodox jewish mob.

24-03-2006
front row

wow, then you probably havent been in Buzz lately^

the have lots of shoes, but they stopped with the skaterboarding thing a few yrs ago... last week i went and they had lots and lots of jeans.
i dont know about the Jewish mob, i dont care for that-- the guy is really nice.

24-03-2006
V.I.P.

someone needs to take pics..... :p

24-03-2006
front row

i wish... but im too shy to ask people

24-03-2006
scenester

heey, this dude's a MONTREAL loc':

www.misshapes.com

Last edited by julien sorel; 24-03-2006 at 11:52 AM.
24-03-2006
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by filthy_gorgeous
carrefour laval is the biggest mall in Quebec, (not counting downtowns underground) all its missing is H&M and a FREAKIN STARBUCKS! like jesus christ there isnt 1 in laval! neways
I was wondering what u guys's favorite mall and or store is? i Love place rosemere (ppl r nicer than carrefour) n my fav store is west coast and simons
i usually go to place rosemere because i live near it, it took me like 5 minutes.
but when i can, i surely go to the carrefour. the problem is that here, all the girls shop in place rosemere because its so near, and all the girls buy the same clothes, so i dont buy anything at all when i go.

24-03-2006
front row

carrefour laval has lots of stores, but unfortunately a lot of LAVAL GIRLS too-- you know, those girls who dress all trashy like it's 1999, with streaks of blonde hair, fake nails, low rise tight jeans and pointy heel boots, they look like strippers a lot of the time. i tend to avoid carrefour laval.

24-03-2006
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by julien sorel
heey, this dude's a MONTREAL loc':

www.misshapes.com
ah! funny! i know him.

25-03-2006
windowshopping

pics!
k i took a bunch of pics today of random ppl , theyll be developed in like 3 days so u better all come on to see them! i tried to deversify them but its mostly girls.... and sorry but i had to put myself in there haha later!

V.I.P.

Thank you very much for taking pics Filthy Gorgeous.... I am looking forward to seeing them here....!

25-03-2006
fashion icon

Hey everyone!

The first H&M store in Quebec is opening at Farview Mall in Pointe Claire this Thursday, March 30th. They put an ad in the Montreal Gazette this morning making the anouncment.

I can't wait!

25-03-2006
V.I.P.

^ How can it be possible Quebec didn't have a H&M? You're lucky...It can be nice'n'cheap, but it gets annoying since 80% of the people shop their clothes from there.

I want to visit Montreal...it seems nice and interesting.No wonder so many tFSers are from there, it seems like an inspiring and stylish place to live.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
montreal, street, style