How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Trend Spotting / Streetstyle
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

27-03-2006
V.I.P.

nope it s NOT gonna be where caban is. the inside lay out is not good enough for h&m style and what they re looking for. again i am 100% sure of this info

27-03-2006
doom doom doom

Yeah, it was probably too small anyways...

Here's part of an article from The Gazette about some retail news downtown

"Pieces of the downtown retail puzzle are starting to fall into place. Caban, a lifestyle emporium, is closing at the corner of McGill College Ave. and Ste. Catherine St. in early April, said Rachel Woodman, marketing manager for the company in New York. A final clearance sale, now in progress, features spring stock priced at 20 to 30 per cent off.

Woodman confirmed that Caban, the home division of Club Monaco, is for sale. Eight stores in Canada are currently listed on the company's website. Ralph Lauren acquired Club Monaco, founded by Toronto's Joe Mimran, in 2000. Woodman said the closing of the Montreal store is not related to the sale of the company.

The closing frees up prime retail space downtown that could be attractive to the major clothing chains entering the Montreal market.
Banana Republic is a potential tenant at the 18,000-square-foot, beautifully restored Laurentian Bank, retail sources have said.

Meanwhile, Dynamite, the Montreal-based chain selling moderately priced clothing, is negotiating for the Bank of Nova Scotia premises at Peel and Ste. Catherine Sts. The bank is closing in April. Dynamite operates 126 Garage stores, geared to teenagers, and another 76 Dynamite outlets, targeting young career women.

And H&M, the Swedish fast-fashion behemoth, is still scouring downtown for a location. The biggest problem is size, said Lucy van der Wal, Canadian manager for the chain. H&M would like a full-concept store, requiring about 30,000 square feet. That's proving tough to find, van der Wal said.
H&M has confirmed March 30 as the opening date for Fairview Pointe Claire, the first of its four suburban stores. Three others, at Rockland, Laval and Anjou, will open in the following weeks."

28-03-2006
V.I.P.

^ They're looking for some major space.... if they want a place on st cath street, it'll be really hard....

28-03-2006
front row

im not a big fan of Dynamite... its okay sometimes if you need something for one occasion, but overall its bad quality. and i hope Banana Republic doesnt get the Caban space, cant stand that overpriced crappy store either! we could have like a TopShop, just like in the UK!

28-03-2006
V.I.P.

ohhh top shop would be great, i hate dynamite and it s overpriced for the bad quality it has

28-03-2006
windowshopping

photos
k so i got some photos but im dissapointed cuz all the ones i took outside didnt work and they were the best..... wtv so her is a taste of montreal style
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 4577.jpg (52.2 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg 45773.jpg (64.8 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg 457737.jpg (74.2 KB, 18 views)

Last edited by filthy_gorgeous; 28-03-2006 at 08:42 PM. Reason: images didnt work
28-03-2006
windowshopping

more pics
her r some more, the girl with white glasses is my friend showing off and the guy is me haha!! tell me what u think
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 4577.jpg (64.9 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg 457.jpg (38.5 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg 004145.jpg (60.3 KB, 30 views)
File Type: jpg 8547.jpg (58.5 KB, 22 views)

V.I.P.

i went to this store on st laurent yesterday called le marche, they carry young designers stuff and surprisingly they had some gorgeous pieces. and amazing jewellery.

30-03-2006
backstage pass

^
where? mile end?

btw, the h&m wave has officially hit montreal (promo, articles iun the press,etc).

30-03-2006
V.I.P.

nope. right next to old swimming. u go in this building and it s right in there

30-03-2006
windowshopping

omg so did anyone to go H&M yet? its been ages since i went, last year i think when i was in paris, is it still everything we hope it to be!???

rising star

i'm so happy that h&m is finally here! i've seen so many neat pieces from mystylediary..now i can finally get my hands on them!

the only problem is i don't really know how to get there . is there anyway i can get to them by metro without taking another bus? i live on the south shore so i'm not used to taking the buses downtown.

thanks in advance dollies

30-03-2006
front row

i want to go to le marché very bad!

31-03-2006
V.I.P.

too chic: there s not metro in west island. u re gonna have to take the bus. i think there s a bus terminal at the parking lot of fairview.

31-03-2006
V.I.P.

Worst place in Montreal for shopping during the summer: downtown.... everyone is looking original with their flip flops, denim skirts, leggings, oversized sunglasses and aldo inspired balenciaga bag...

*yawn*

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
montreal, street, style