How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Trend Spotting / Streetstyle
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

13-11-2005
backstage pass

heres a few from www.viceland.com

im also posting the VICE comments (worth a laugh)

Sure my man Jay-Z got Beyoncé, but don’t hate. That’s just how my mother****ing niggas roll, dawg! Rocafella is all about the finest bitches and if a mother****ing bitch gets this **** you know the ho is down with the Roc. True dat!

A Montréal photographer sent this to us as a DON’T because of her shirt but we don’t know enough about fashion to know what’s wrong with it. All we see is a typical “filles du roi” with her beautiful horse mouth and Métis eyes—****. Don’t you want to just go on a boat with her?

Girls who break up fancy clothes with a dirty baseball hat and a short parka add about 145 fun points and 56 IQ points to what could be a “boring fashion cow” ensemble. Now we know she has taste AND likes to hang out.

Sure, Montréal can have some raging eyesores, but does any other city in the world have the thrift-store power to pull off 80s surf punk? I don’t think so.

Why couldn’t Peaches have been hot like her? That way instead of imagining a big Canadian hairy bush we could fantasize about a hairless peach that smells like rose petals.

09-12-2005
windowshopping

Ok, the St-Laurent street doesn't look like this today (much more snow!) but here is how it looks during the summer:
http://www.pbase.com/cbeauche/indy2004
Just a few shots grabbed on the street.

09-12-2005
windowshopping

that is not the good side of montreal street style...

09-12-2005
backstage pass

our friend lolita was supposed to snap a few streetstyle pics but i havent heard from her in a while

lo?

10-12-2005
V.I.P.

Where are the pics?

10-12-2005
front row

Hi guys. I live in montreal and can attest to the fact that you can get some damn stylish people here. However, of late I don't know what has happened to the girls in this city. I just came from down town and I think I spent half of the time gaping at them. Its like the new thing is to incorporate every single trend you can think of in one outfit. I saw so many girls with jeans in enormous fuzzy boots, one thousand chains around their necks, Von Dutch caps, bomber jackets, huge chunky belts. I mean this wasn't the occasional fashion nightmare. These ppl were everywhere. It was a nightmare. I felt like buying a megaphone, standing on a street corner and screaming "LESS IS MORE PEOPLE"
I wonder if this is just mOntreal or if other cities are suffering too?

21-12-2005
backstage pass

wow, von dutch?! that is so 2003.

anyway, we need pictures!

21-12-2005
V.I.P.

Most girls are dressed in a : nylon puffy wintercoat with furry cap, sparkly belt, hobo bag, or aldo version of the balenciaga bag, tight low waist jeans, big "mukluks".....

21-12-2005
front row

It's true, Montreal has style !! But I see dozens of girls every day with Baby Phat gear head to toe Can't wait till that is over...

My french makeup blog
21-12-2005
V.I.P.

^ I am pretty sure that the trend is here to stay.... Does anyone have pics or plan on taking Montreal Street Style pics....? I wish I could take some but I don't have a camera...

22-12-2005
V.I.P.

u know what really bugs me? whenever i go out, i see girls wearing mukluks. even at clubs and restaurants. am tired of seeing every girl and her sister wearing them that and low rise jeans

22-12-2005
front row

That is so spot on about the mukulks and baby phat stuff. And I am horrified at the flood of fake balenciaga's that have reached our fine city.
I got a (real) black one last year for graduation and loved carrying it around but now they are everywhere and I cringe everytime I carry mine and pass some twelve year old with her bright red thong hanging out of her skin tight low riders tucked into big foot boots carrying her plastic balenciaga.

I always thought that people with real Louis Vuitton bags needed to chill about the fakes because as long as they knew theirs were real it was all good. I now apologize to all those people because it really does take away from the "art" of the whole bag if you get what I mean.
I wish I had a camera so I could post pics.

25-12-2005
V.I.P.

All the girls have the Aldo version of the Balenciaga motorcyle bag.

Talk about originality....

01-01-2006
backstage pass

these are pics from a NYE party that i went to yesterday:

source: www.iloveneon.ca

(what the hell is goin on? how did i miss that?!)

01-01-2006
backstage pass

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
montreal, street, style