How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Trend Spotting / Streetstyle
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

29-08-2006
front row

oh i totally agree ^

i mean, i complain because i think those people posted above do not represent true Montreal street style, but i dont take pictures myself... i want to so bad, i even bring my camera along, but im too shy to go up to a total stranger and take a picture of their outfit... i wish i worked for a magazine, at least id have an excuse, but how do you go about that?

i always the most chic people too, in places like the metro and various cafés, at random times...

29-08-2006
V.I.P.

Those pics are very similar to the Scene style.... I've seen A LOT better here... Can't wait for someone to snap pics of stylish people and post away...

10-09-2006
windowshopping

I know it has nothing to do with Montreal streetstyle but i just wanted to say to fellow montrealers that i saw Heath Ledger, Michelle William and their daughter strolling down St-Laurent today. The three of them are so gorgeous and they looked really happy to be peacefully walking around. Made me smile.

I lived in LA for a while and after a little bit, it wasnt that exciting anymore to see celebs but to see some in Montreal was funny...hehehe

11-09-2006
backstage pass

^
cute. they were at osheaga too.
i hear they really like it here.

12-09-2006
earthbound

Reallyyy!
Argh I just went to St-Laurent yesterday...

12-10-2006
backstage pass

from ipod battle

a-track, kanye's dj

flikr, myspace

12-10-2006
scenester

I'm not too fond of how most of the girls are dressed but they are F(*&^KIN HOT!!!

12-10-2006
scenester

I hate to be a negative....er nelly, but I have gone back 4 or 5 pages and have seen absolutely nothing new or creative here other than the girl w/ the flamenco skirt & mini dog accessory. After browsing some of the other streetstyle threads, this one doesn't have much to offer.

On the positive side, everyone does look like they know how to have a good time. Good energy in the pics.

12-10-2006
backstage pass

^
trying my best here!
with no magazines/websites dedicated to real montreal STREETstyle were pretty limited

12-10-2006
scenester

I am not taking a shot at you for posting but do you live in Montreal? If so, is that really as good as it gets? I have always understood Montreal to be the fashion mecca in Canada. Lots of good designers coming out of PQ.

13-10-2006
backstage pass

^
i havent been to that many places in canada but from what ive seen (quebec city, toronto) it def is the most fashionable. its got the european flare that is lacking elsewhere in north america.

it depends on your tastes, i guess. the guy with the beard, hoodie and thrift-shop leather jacket i think is cute. i like the slightly scruffy rock'n'roll the strokes look for men.
for women i prefer more classic, but again, there are no sites dedicated to montreal streetstyle. those pics all come from hipster parties in the city and would fit better in the scene streetstyle thread.

30-10-2006
rising star

bumping this thread,
I am moving to Montreal in a month, does anyone have any great photos, that are not necessary the "hipster" style? although that is nice as well, I already know what that looks like and was wondering what else Montreal has to offer?

30-10-2006
backstage pass

^
if we had these photos i think wed have posted them by now

i dont know, whats your style and where are you coming from

09-11-2006
scenester

One of the best pictures i have is of my sister in montreal. She has pin straight hair but she had twisted it all day long then when she undid it and teased it, it was this HUGE blonde afro. It was great but i lost the picture. boo hoo.

What clubs are the best for people watching in Montreal?

27-01-2007
slow death

i just moved to montreal... sooooo many uggs x:

even in plateau/mile end! appropriate though, i guess. maybe.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
montreal, street, style