How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Trend Spotting / Streetstyle
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

22-02-2006
backstage pass

Yeah I know what you mean, when I brought my balenciaga in nyc, nobody had it, but now they do remakes at Aldo and Winners, and I wanted to buy some gladiator sandals last year, but I won't cause I know that by the time summer '06 comes EVERYBODY WILL HAVE IT, I think now the only bags I can buy are the new Chloe or Marc Jacobs (nobody knows them in Montreal) but I'm scared that people will buy them soon!! Even people have Gucci now!!

24-02-2006
rising star

I live in Montreal and go to a college in downtown Montreal. I swear I can hardly tell anyone apart here.

This is what I see people wearing now:

-Mukluks and Uggs (worst boots ever made by man)
-Puffy jackets with the fur on the hood
-1 in every 4 girls carries a puma bag whether it be leather, tote bag, or backpack
-The Duff-puff with the same turquoise hair clip
-Fake Chanel or Louis Vuitton bags(sorry I dunno if that's spelt right! Don't kill me for it..)

For guys:

-Italian everything. I mean shirts or bags that explicitly say Italia on them.
-The mohawk (eg: David Beckham hair)
-Tight shirts with label names on the chest

It's really sad to see, but my friend and I make a game out of these things. Usually when we're really bored at a food court of something, we play the "puffy jacket" game to see who can spot the most black fur-hooded jackets until we leave. One time we counted 38 in an hour.

24-02-2006
backstage pass

Yeah my friend and I did that to when we were at ''Les Cours Mont-Royal'' half of the girls we seen wear the same thing!!

windowshopping

does anyone here go to mcgill??
my brother goes there and i visited.. i might go there.. anyone??

scenester

Hey! I go to McGill, first year in the Desautels Faculty of Management ... I absolutely love it, and I adore Montréal! It's so much fun going to university right in the city!

24-02-2006
rising star

I might be heading to Mcgill in about a year and a half, but not for the next lil while.

Chuck from Simple Plan, William Shatner, and Caroline Rhea used to go there if that helps! heh.

24-02-2006
front row

Fashion Diva, it's so true. It's so sad that no one has any idea. It's like everyone thinks that "style" means having as many trends on at once as possible. And WHAT is up with the fake Chanel everything in this city. I cringe everytime I see those fake bags with the huge C's on them with a thirteen year old belly baring girl. It's sacreligious people.
And whoever made the comment about the Italia shirts on those guys is hilarious. Have you also noticed the sunglasses with the huge V for versace that rests on the bridge of thier noses? The puma shoes, 'ripped' jeans and gelled "messy" hair complete the look. They walk around like they're hot **** and they're everywhere.
Montreal needs to get with it. The potential is there but the truth is that the
poseurs are too powerful a force to fight.

25-02-2006
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by meens
Fashion Diva, it's so true. It's so sad that no one has any idea. It's like everyone thinks that "style" means having as many trends on at once as possible. And WHAT is up with the fake Chanel everything in this city. I cringe everytime I see those fake bags with the huge C's on them with a thirteen year old belly baring girl. It's sacreligious people.
And whoever made the comment about the Italia shirts on those guys is hilarious. Have you also noticed the sunglasses with the huge V for versace that rests on the bridge of thier noses? The puma shoes, 'ripped' jeans and gelled "messy" hair complete the look. They walk around like they're hot **** and they're everywhere.
Montreal needs to get with it. The potential is there but the truth is that the
poseurs are too powerful a force to fight.
You hit it right on! There's soooo many of them at my college! It's soo unorginal and uninspiring, yet these guys think they're the hottest guys out there! A lot of them are hella cocky too...what happened to the good ol days when guys didn't mind wearing a hoodie and jeans? They're the hottest because they're non-conformists!

25-02-2006
windowshopping

you guys only hang out at Cours Mont Royal and Eaton center or what...

im not surprise there is so much hatin then...

Montreal is not about St catherine between mcgill and Peel and the Mcgill ghetto

25-02-2006
V.I.P.

^ Sad but true...

We should concentrate on the nice side of Montreal style, I've seen a hell lot of stylish people here, a bit more rare, but there are some people with amazing taste..... Forget about the trendy preps on St Laurent, St Cath or anywhere downtown near Crescent on a Friday Night.... !

26-02-2006
windowshopping

exactly !!

27-02-2006
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marie_Carmelle
Yeah I know what you mean, when I brought my balenciaga in nyc, nobody had it, but now they do remakes at Aldo and Winners, and I wanted to buy some gladiator sandals last year, but I won't cause I know that by the time summer '06 comes EVERYBODY WILL HAVE IT, I think now the only bags I can buy are the new Chloe or Marc Jacobs (nobody knows them in Montreal) but I'm scared that people will buy them soon!! Even people have Gucci now!!
i ve had my chloe bags for a yr now and i didn t see one person with them but me, now they re making fakes but people r still a bit clueless bout them. same for my kooba bag and le dix which i have 2 of and can t even carry anymore because of the aldo version. as for mj, nobody knows who he is over here yet they all carry lv!!!???

27-02-2006
backstage pass

^
ah, has it ever occured to you guys that maybe not all of us have 1000 bucks to blow on a designer bag?!

and if i save up for something, you can be sure as HELL i wouldnt spend it on the latest chloe or marc jacobs bag or alexander mcqueen skull scarf!! that just screams fashion victim.

style in montreal can be found sporadically in certain parts of the plateau, the mile-end, st-laurent NORTH (at night, st-laurent south near sherbrooke is to be avoided AT ALL COST!).

27-02-2006
V.I.P.

^ Well said Boluda....!

Great stylish people do exist in Montreal.....! To be honest the Montreal fashion scene is not going anywhere for the moment as sad as it may be..... New designers come and go faster than ever because they have nothing new or interesting to bring so they die out really quickly..... But it's coming I can see it.... I haven't lost faith in Montreal Street Style because I see stylish people every now and then, it's rare, but those people blow me away, and that is what this thread should be about..... It's Montreal Street Style....!

Now let's bring on the stylish pictures.....!

27-02-2006
backstage pass

You're right Kimkhuu I love summer in Montreal people have good style,never seen before style, but the reason why I'm always talking about downtown is because I work and I go to Concordia, so I'm always there!! but I don't have any pix lol!!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
montreal, street, style