How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Trend Spotting / Streetstyle
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

12-03-2006
fashion icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boluda
^
gahhh i hate mcgill "style".
I don't think there is a "McGill style" because people are quite different and come from different backgrounds and cultures.

I find quite a few individuals have great personal style. I'm not talking about designer labels head to toe. I'm talkinga bout people who are able to use their creativity to pull together great ensembles.

Some have no style at all and lack creativity...but we wont talk about them.

12-03-2006
backstage pass

I've always found that the girls in MTL wear their clothes WAY TOO TIGHT. Big generalisation, I know. It's the best city in Canada, there is no doubt

V.I.P.

Fox in the Snow, that's very true.... Thanks for pointing that out.. !!! The tighter, the better it seems, and the more cleavage the better...

Boluda, sorry for being harsh with St-Hubert... But I couldn't help it... :p It's getting worse year after year... Even the wedding gowns are HORRIBLE.... I cringe each time I have to pass by there. There's nothing worth checking out on that street! It's full of stores that sell shirts "final sale, we're closing" for 5-10$ that are so horrible and uncreative... I can't recall finding anything interesting on that street..

CelineChic, I have yet to find someone with an interesting style at McGill, each time I pass down there I cringe.... I don't see any originality. I promise I'll try REALLY hard next time I pass by there to spot someone with a cool style...

12-03-2006
fashion icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimkhuu
CelineChic, I have yet to find someone with an interesting style at McGill, each time I pass down there I cringe.... I don't see any originality. I promise I'll try REALLY hard next time I pass by there to spot someone with a cool style...

If you spend more time around there you might notice. If you just pass by then you can't really have a good look.

I'm there 18 hours of the day so I suppose that I can see more.

12-03-2006
fashion icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox in the Snow
I've always found that the girls in MTL wear their clothes WAY TOO TIGHT. Big generalisation, I know. It's the best city in Canada, there is no doubt
You find? I haven't noticed that. I did notice that there are a lot of girls with full rear ends (which is a good thing in my opinion)

12-03-2006
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimkhuu
A fun list of the summit of stylish-ness according to the typical trend whore Montrealer (and because for the typical trend whore, the highest level of stylishness stops at Space F, from the most uncool to the coolest according to "her":

From UNCOOL

Any small clothing store on St-Hubert street
Limite
Stiches, Ardene
Sirens
Urban Behavior, Old Navy
Garage
Le Chateau, Jacob Connexion
Gap
Jacob
Pink!
StyleXChange, Three Monkeys
Urban Outfitters
Bedo, Zara, Lacoste
Nevik, Club Monaco
Space FB

To COOL
First off just wanna say hello this is my first post here
So are you being sincere with this list, or are you being sarcastic, I ask because Space FB is one of my top 3 favorite stores in montreal and if you're being sarcastic i wonder why you'd be insulting space FB

Thanks

Kevin Anthony

12-03-2006
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin_Anthony
First off just wanna say hello this is my first post here
So are you being sincere with this list, or are you being sarcastic, I ask because Space FB is one of my top 3 favorite stores in montreal and if you're being sarcastic i wonder why you'd be insulting space FB

Thanks

Kevin Anthony

God.... space fb... now if you want to be a fashion victim where that. Cheap overpriced crap that was cool like 3 years ago with westmount girls. Now everyone else wants it = total fashion victims. Everything that I have ever bought in the past from their ripped.

Oh and how can anyone say style is worse that space!! I agree the people there are annoying but atleast they do carry some nice brands that you cannot find anywhere else in Montreal. So, if you are going for those brands its a good store, just get out as soon as possible cause everyone is annoying.

I like influence U and Holts the best here.

12-03-2006
front row

Le Chateau,Limite Stiches, Ardene, Sirens, Urban Behavior, Garage,Pink! = cheap clothing, that makes girls look trashy.

Jacob, ConnexionJacob = more of a french style in montreal.

Urban Outfitters = different stuff, cool things.

Zara = dressyclothes for cheaper prices

Lacoste = classic style. Cute. Mcgill style

Club Monaco = generic

Browns = great selection of shoes.

This is just how I feel. I dont expect everyone to agree.

12-03-2006
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox in the Snow
The best city? What about Vancouver?

12-03-2006
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fashion_diva
okay i am from montreal and I really do not understand why some here say montrealers have style. LOL! No one knows anything here. Most girls have no clue about designers. If I named any designer that wasnt Gucci, Chanel, LV and prada they would have no clue. Montrealers catch onto trends when they are over and they stick with them forever! I wore Von Dutch like 3 years ago and I still see girls wearing that dumb hat.

I dont want people to get me wrong im not talking about everyone just the majority of people.
I don't know where your from but I see alot of girl with style. Not does fake bag and glasses but the reall thing If you are from Hochelaga maisoneuve well dont expect go in the west of Montreal and youll see more .. If you have money to buy the reall stuff you have money too order it or go get it ...

12-03-2006
windowshopping

Quote:
God.... space fb... now if you want to be a fashion victim where that. Cheap overpriced crap that was cool like 3 years ago with westmount girls. Now everyone else wants it = total fashion victims. Everything that I have ever bought in the past from their ripped.

Oh and how can anyone say style is worse that space!! I agree the people there are annoying but atleast they do carry some nice brands that you cannot find anywhere else in Montreal. So, if you are going for those brands its a good store, just get out as soon as possible cause everyone is annoying.

I like influence U and Holts the best here.
I dont think people understand fashion . I always been 2 or 3 years before most of the people here . I buy stuff and girl look at me like what the hell but later on you see everyone with it .. Same with louis V I bougth many years ago yeah real very expensive , for the past two years you see so many fake but that is how fashion work .. That is why all does designer give free clothes too actress and signer .... First people with money gets it after all young rich dauther wants it then after the one looking up too them ect... If you unable to moved on to something new cause it is too much popular then dont do it ... Dont spent your money if you dont have it too ...When I put clothes on I want people to tell me where you bough it I tell them too expensive until the fake one come out then you did your job move to something new ... Just like the car first noone had a suv lexus 2 years after everybody did it was time too change ...

12-03-2006
windowshopping

Space FB has amazing prices during their end of season sales. Also they're clothing is made in Canada and that's something that I value.

Browns has actually been pretty disapointing lately. They actually have a bunch of Steve Madden shoes in their "new collection" section for men that's actually from last season and I bought at SOHO for half the price.

SOHO...now there's a store

12-03-2006
windowshopping

ok where do i start,
I have to say that I disagree with some of you. montreal is by far the most fashionable canadian city and i can say this because i have been to most of them..
vancouver-too plain
toronto-too old navy and blah-theres nothing going on in that city
montreal-!! i can see that its not the most fashionable city in the world but its pretty good nonetheless
as for stores, space fb is so not even 3 years ago more like 5...i cant believe im about to say this but - if u have to buy a jumpsuit dont waste ur $$ on space fb they are not worth it or even nice-buy a juicy couture
as for stylexchange-well i started shopping there when they first opened in like 98' i think and now i dont suggest you shop there-too many people go there and ur propably gonna find someone wearing the same thing as you. so try something different like toxic (which is soso) or like a boutique on laurier, or a thrift shop-remember u can't buy fashion- fashion is more like art- u gotta be able to work it:p

12-03-2006
backstage pass

^
ya, i agree with most of that.

chateau, sirens = just GROSS and unsightly.

jacob = ditto. i swear if i see another girl at UdeM wearing black jacob pants and PLATFORM shoes im going to throw up. secretary look=pet peeve of mine.

aldo= see above. Fugly rip-off shoes.

urban outfitters=i like. but too expensive for cheap-*** vintage clothes. gah, i hate them. i demand a refund.

zara= i like. not everything.

mango=their winter collection is absolute trash.

influence U=i love their selection of shoes/boots.

space fb=bad quality, clerks are up their own arses and so skinny, but......i keep coming back.

lola&emily=i like

holt=what i can afford, i like

platô=

mile-end and little italy have some really nice shoes. must go.

cant wait for h&m.

12-03-2006
fashion icon

Quote:

Browns = great selection of shoes.
Their label is 100% crap and knockoffs of better labels. The designer labels they carry (like Prada, Stuart Weitzman, Manolo Blahnik, and Michael Kors) are good.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
montreal, street, style