How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Trend Spotting / Streetstyle
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

13-03-2006
backstage pass

^naw, Van is gorgeous but utterly lacking in soul.
But we don't want to turn this into a 'what's the best city in Canada?' thread!

13-03-2006
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by CelineChic
You find? I haven't noticed that. I did notice that there are a lot of girls with full rear ends (which is a good thing in my opinion)
yes one thing I like about it is more voluptuous girls there seem to embrace their curves (as someone originally from out West, I can tell you that your women have a cross-country reputation for being very sexy with boys from all over! But i stand by the too-tight observation - every time i've been there, i've seen sprayed-on jeans, of which i've only seen a similar type in Rome! It's a Euro-type of tight, I reckon.

fashion icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox in the Snow
But i stand by the too-tight observation - every time i've been there, i've seen sprayed-on jeans, of which i've only seen a similar type in Rome! It's a Euro-type of tight, I reckon.
Well, Montreal is North America's most European city.

13-03-2006
windowshopping

Quote:
Well, Montreal is North America's most European city.
And we're damn proud of it

13-03-2006
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melanye
I don't know where your from but I see alot of girl with style. Not does fake bag and glasses but the reall thing If you are from Hochelaga maisoneuve well dont expect go in the west of Montreal and youll see more .. If you have money to buy the reall stuff you have money too order it or go get it ...

Where do you see all these people with style? All I see is fakes that went out like two years ago? Oh... i like how you imply that im from hochelaga ... wherever that is... For your knowledge .... My parents live in hampstead and own their own company. my mom pays for most of my stuff and apartment that I live in. I travel to nyc to buy my clothes cause montreal does not carry any good lines here. So, I guess I know what i am talking about.

Last edited by Fashion_diva; 13-03-2006 at 07:52 PM.
13-03-2006
front row

Quote:
Their label is 100% crap and knockoffs of better labels. The designer labels they carry (like Prada, Stuart Weitzman, Manolo Blahnik, and Michael Kors) are good.

To true..., but i was talking about the actual designer stuff they have.

Last edited by Fashion_diva; 13-03-2006 at 07:57 PM.
13-03-2006
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melanye
I dont think people understand fashion . I always been 2 or 3 years before most of the people here . I buy stuff and girl look at me like what the hell but later on you see everyone with it .. Same with louis V I bougth many years ago yeah real very expensive , for the past two years you see so many fake but that is how fashion work .. That is why all does designer give free clothes too actress and signer .... First people with money gets it after all young rich dauther wants it then after the one looking up too them ect... If you unable to moved on to something new cause it is too much popular then dont do it ... Dont spent your money if you dont have it too ...When I put clothes on I want people to tell me where you bough it I tell them too expensive until the fake one come out then you did your job move to something new ... Just like the car first noone had a suv lexus 2 years after everybody did it was time too change ...
ME TOO! I understand what you are saying.. I walk into class at Concordia with my MJ stam bag, pink head band, Skull scarf, cute tops like rebel yell, primp bunny, grail, marc jacobs casual sweaters, with jogging pants. I look so out of place and im not even dressing fancy or anything. Just casual?

Last edited by Fashion_diva; 13-03-2006 at 08:03 PM.
13-03-2006
V.I.P.

Space fb is a real JOKE.... Tackiest, most generic crap ever! Enough said.

13-03-2006
windowshopping

montreal is the best
i love it - possibly one of the most fashionable cities in the world- without a doubt the most european of cities in north american and the girls are just plain sexier-eat your heart out torontonians (or what ever you call yourselves):p jokes

13-03-2006
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavita2
montreal is the best
i love it - possibly one of the most fashionable cities in the world- without a doubt the most european of cities in north american and the girls are just plain sexier-eat your heart out torontonians (or what ever you call yourselves):p jokes

One of the most fashionable cities in the world? NO! ummm.... Milan, Paris, London, NYC, LA, and more? lol... one of the last stop. European Flaire to the city - YES.

13-03-2006
fashion icon

Some of you need to calm down and accept people's opinions.

Who cares if people find Montreal stylish or not. It's all really based on opinion, right?

I think Montreal has great people, great style and great culture. I love this city. If I didn't I would not be living here away from all my family.

Lastly, Hampstead girls are known as sheep who just follow along in heards when it comes to fashion. No personal style at all, just expensive bags and shoes to impress others who cannot afford it. I think the term JAP originated in Hampstead.

Last edited by CelineChic; 13-03-2006 at 10:41 PM.
15-03-2006
one two three

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimkhuu
Space fb is a real JOKE.... Tackiest, most generic crap ever! Enough said.
90% of the time I'd have to agree. Those matching sweatsuits took over my school last year. I do, however, have a nice black top from there...so I don't think everything is awful.

15-03-2006
V.I.P.

anybody going to fashion week?

15-03-2006
windowshopping

Fashion Relativity?
Bah, all this talk about Montreal being fashionable or not...is so hard when it's just done on a message board. I have a strong feeling that everyone here has a really different style here, thus different standards of what is stylish.

As for my opinion: I've been to a couple of cities around the world but I love Montreal fashion, for it's "thrift power".

I think its pretty cheap to look good in Montreal if you are into thrift.

As for more expensive designer stuff, it seems like the selection is very limited (I come from Japan where there is an overload of fashion boutiques). Personally, I'm not willing to spend too much money on clothes but I still like to look nice, so I prefer the fashion situation here.

Just my 2 cents.

Oh btw, we should start taking street pics and actually post them so we know what we are talking about when we say something looks super good or not! Fortunately the weather is getting better so we will get to see what people are wearing beneath their coats, yay!

16-03-2006
V.I.P.

^ Yes.....! I'd appreciate seeing pics.... Anyone volunteering to run around taking fabulous stylish Montreal Street Style pics...?

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
montreal, street, style