How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Trend Spotting / Streetstyle
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
18-10-2006
  751
front row
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Gender: femme
Posts: 453
I was just watching E! news (my trash tv addiction has got to stop I know) when rachel zoe stated when her and lindsay lohan were in Paris everyone looked like her. THE HORROR!!!! I actually screamed when I heard that. Please residents of Paris tell me this is not true (although I am guessing its not already)

 
 
18-10-2006
  752
V.I.P.
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Gender: femme
Posts: 5,773
I have a feeling Rachel Zoe thinks a little bit too much of herself...I've never even been to Paris, but I don't think American celebrities have a huge impact on French style.

__________________
"Because of all sorts of cloth have their motions, as well as Bodies, it must needs that they differ in themselves." -Lomazzo
 
18-10-2006
  753
V.I.P.
 
lemeray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Gender: femme
Posts: 13,552
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteLinen
I've never even been to Paris, but I don't think American celebrities have a huge impact on French style.
Definetly not, the French don't like Americans. Just ask my dad

 
18-10-2006
  754
V.I.P.
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Gender: femme
Posts: 5,773
My friend (who used to live in France) was holidaying in Paris last summer. She was thought to be American but the moment it was discovered that she was Finnish she got a warm welcome and the attitude towards her changed.

__________________
"Because of all sorts of cloth have their motions, as well as Bodies, it must needs that they differ in themselves." -Lomazzo
 
18-10-2006
  755
V.I.P.
 
lemeray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Gender: femme
Posts: 13,552
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteLinen
My friend (who used to live in France) was holidaying in Paris last summer. She was thought to be American but the moment it was discovered that she was Finnish she got a warm welcome and the attitude towards her changed.
Oh the French

2 months until I go Paris! Maybe I'll take pictures...

 
18-10-2006
  756
front row
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Gender: femme
Posts: 453
Are they that mean? What do the think of English girls?

 
18-10-2006
  757
V.I.P.
 
lemeray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Gender: femme
Posts: 13,552
Quote:
Originally Posted by ballroombeliever
Are they that mean? What do the think of English girls?
Hmmm haven't asked, but I don't think they hate them.

I just know my dads attidude and other French people towards the Americans, well I don't want to get into it...

I probably should stop talking about this subject. Hopefully we will see more pics.

 
18-10-2006
  758
V.I.P.
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Gender: femme
Posts: 5,773
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemeray
Hmmm haven't asked, but I don't think they hate them.

I just know my dads attidude and other French people towards the Americans, well I don't want to get into it...

I probably should stop talking about this subject. Hopefully we will see more pics.
Agreed. This might become a heated subject.

__________________
"Because of all sorts of cloth have their motions, as well as Bodies, it must needs that they differ in themselves." -Lomazzo
 
18-10-2006
  759
fashion insider
 
TheSweetest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Georgia
Gender: femme
Posts: 2,323
can anyone tell me whose boots she's wearing?


thefashionspot.com

__________________
"A kiss is always virtuous, but a word about a kiss is always shameful." -Sandor Marai
 
18-10-2006
  760
backstage pass
 
nELL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Canada
Gender: femme
Posts: 535
I could be wrong, but they look like marc jacobs fw 06/07

 
18-10-2006
  761
backstage pass
 
Boluda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 999
^isnt this girl a brazilian model

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemeray
Definetly not, the French don't like Americans. Just ask my dad
hmm, not really. id say its more of a love/hate relationship.

the french are fascinated with l'Amérique.

 
18-10-2006
  762
trendsetter
 
Jadee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: France\ London
Gender: femme
Posts: 1,234
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boluda
^isnt this girl a brazilian model



hmm, not really. id say its more of a love/hate relationship.

the french are fascinated with l'Amérique.
True, true.
Now the American Governement it's another thing but Americans themselves are not hated.
And Ballroombeliever the french looove english girls
Just look at how we worship women Jane Birkin and Charlotte Rampling.

Is that Raquel Zimmerman on the last pic ?


Last edited by Jadee; 18-10-2006 at 12:56 PM.
 
18-10-2006
  763
scenester
 
pifpafpouf365's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Paris
Gender: femme
Posts: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by ballroombeliever
I was just watching E! news (my trash tv addiction has got to stop I know) when rachel zoe stated when her and lindsay lohan were in Paris everyone looked like her. THE HORROR!!!! I actually screamed when I heard that. Please residents of Paris tell me this is not true (although I am guessing its not already)
Ok, i tell you: this is NOT true !
I think that what rachel said is a bit pretentious...

Ho and btw, french people don't have anything against Americans or english girls!
On adore London and NY street style !

 
19-10-2006
  764
V.I.P.
 
Bonchic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: South.......
Gender: femme
Posts: 5,948
thanks for the fabulous pictures Mettchen! I love this kind of Parisian style best



Carine Roitfeld looks great here as usual


[shareyourlook.com]

__________________
"To LIVE is the rarest thing in the world. Most people EXIST, that is all"
 
19-10-2006
  765
windowshopping
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: hk
Gender: homme
Posts: 48
great pics!very good!

 
Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#1, paris, street, style
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"


 
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:04 PM.
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
TheFashionSpot.com is a property of TotallyHer Media, LLC, an Evolve Media LLC company. ©2014 All rights reserved.