How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Trend Spotting / Streetstyle
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

19-10-2006
fashion insider

thank you so very much nELL.

19-10-2006
front row

Location: In my mind, I live in Paris! Otherwise... Michigan :-(
[quote=Bonchic]thanks for the fabulous pictures Mettchen! I love this kind of Parisian style best

Carine Roitfeld looks great here as usual

Does anyone know whose skirt she's wearing? And I love her purse!

19-10-2006
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballroombeliever
I was just watching E! news (my trash tv addiction has got to stop I know) when rachel zoe stated when her and lindsay lohan were in Paris everyone looked like her. THE HORROR!!!! I actually screamed when I heard that. Please residents of Paris tell me this is not true (although I am guessing its not already)
LOL Her head is not right!!

This thread is my guilty pleasure. Paris street style looks amazing. Everybody seems so light and coolly elegant.

19-10-2006
This is the Renaissance

I was just in Paris for two weeks earlier this month. I did not see any French girls who looked like they wanted to be Rachel Zoe, Lindsay Lohan or Nicole Richie! That's just insane. :p

As has been discussed here numerous times, French style is different than American style. It's classic and without those giant gaudy handbags and big silly sunglasses.

And somehow, French girls can wear leggings and headbands without looking silly. They have this "I just came from dance class" look instead of the "I just came from the mall" vibe. How they do that I do not know!

20-10-2006
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by cygnenoir
I was just in Paris for two weeks earlier this month. I did not see any French girls who looked like they wanted to be Rachel Zoe, Lindsay Lohan or Nicole Richie! That's just insane. :p

As has been discussed here numerous times, French style is different than American style. It's classic and without those giant gaudy handbags and big silly sunglasses.

And somehow, French girls can wear leggings and headbands without looking silly. They have this "I just came from dance class" look instead of the "I just came from the mall" vibe. How they do that I do not know!
I know! I wish I could pull off 'l'attitude' the way those French girls can! I love headbands, but somehow, though I've been wearing them for years, I look like I'm attempting to be trendy. Damn.
If any of you French girls are reading, do spill the secrets on how to get that elusive charm, will you?

20-10-2006
windowshopping

I feel 90% or more of the time, the reason why the parisians look incredible is because of their beautiifulll figures and of course with their sense of style

20-10-2006
trendsetter

Quote:
I was just watching E! news (my trash tv addiction has got to stop I know) when rachel zoe stated when her and lindsay lohan were in Paris everyone looked like her. THE HORROR!!!! I actually screamed when I heard that. Please residents of Paris tell me this is not true (although I am guessing its not already)
wow. i saw that tooo...they are obviosly delusional (zoe and lohan). yuck!

20-10-2006
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cygnenoir
Great analogy.

20-10-2006
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by khai
I feel 90% or more of the time, the reason why the parisians look incredible is because of their beautiifulll figures and of course with their sense of style
that's so true... of course, being tall and thin will do wonders for the way your clothes look on you. God, they're lucky! You know, I was in Paris only for 8 days last August, and in that time, I ate like I've never eaten before. And yet, I came back 3 pounds lighter. If only I could live there full-time...

20-10-2006
front row

I think it's more being consisent with your own style rather than following "trends" AND not letting fashion overrule your life, effortlessness is key...

20-10-2006
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by iSpot
I think it's more being consisent with your own style rather than following "trends" AND not letting fashion overrule your life, effortlessness is key...
Yes, but it's not easy to get that effortlessness.

20-10-2006
front row

I think part of it is that they hardly wear makeup. and are so naturally pretty. Also, when they follow trends they don't overdo it and aren't repeated over and over and over again. they make it their own unlike how girls wear demin minis with leggings and some sparkly flats. (just saw this today)

20-10-2006
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolk
2 more

Elle Japan
i totally love these boots, and

Last edited by Bonchic; 21-10-2006 at 06:53 PM. Reason: *please see tfs guidelines*

20-10-2006
windowshopping

Quote:
Few more

credit elle japan

Hope you like it
and these too, and...

Last edited by Bonchic; 21-10-2006 at 06:54 PM. Reason: *please see tfs guidelines*

20-10-2006
windowshopping

Quote:
Hi everyone, here's some new pics, njoy

(elle Japan)
and these boots as well.

anybody know where i could find similar ones in the us?

Last edited by Bonchic; 21-10-2006 at 06:54 PM. Reason: *please see tfs guidelines*

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#1, paris, street, style