How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Trend Spotting / Streetstyle
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

28-03-2007
V.I.P.

Shocker! I found plus-size girls at Face Hunter!

28-03-2007
backstage pass

...it's amazing how nowadays normal or even slim people are considered 'curvy' or 'plus-sized'. Seriously. Sizes don't even determine how a person looks. I don't like how people are like: 'I think size 12+ is plus sized'..it all depends on the person and their body type. Two people who wear the same size can look COMPETELY different because of their uniqueness...looking through this thread I don't think the majority of the pictures are 'plus-sized', they look completely normal or SKINNY to me, so if this is meant to be a source for fashion inspiration and everyone has different opinions, then ...

29-03-2007
V.I.P.

I agree that the term 'plus size' is used very loosely. But I don't feel like bitching over every picture that isn't exactely 'plus size' in my opinion, neither do I feel like defending myself everytime that is noticed.

It wasn't my intention for this to be a 'plus size' thread, those are not my words, they are changed that way because it was thought to be more appropriate. I had another name, and because my English isn't that great, I didn't reaslise it might be insulting, so 'plus size' it is.

Some of those pictures are not really plus size as such, but could look great on plus size girls, so they do serve a purpose. BUT, and no disrecpect to all you lovely people that have posted pictures, thanks you ever so much, but could we all (I have made some bad judgement myself) please consider this.

29-03-2007
V.I.P.

I might put some pictures up of myself, if I have the time, I would love to get feedback of what works and what doesn't. I'm not exactely as creative as most of these girls, but at least I am a 'plus size'.

No promise, but I'll try.

29-03-2007
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanita
I agree that the term 'plus size' is used very loosely. But I don't feel like bitching over every picture that isn't exactely 'plus size' in my opinion, neither do I feel like defending myself everytime that is noticed.

It wasn't my intention for this to be a 'plus size' thread, those are not my words, they are changed that way because it was thought to be more appropriate. I had another name, and because my English isn't that great, I didn't reaslise it might be insulting, so 'plus size' it is.

Some of those pictures are not really plus size as such, but could look great on plus size girls, so they do serve a purpose. BUT, and no disrecpect to all you lovely people that have posted pictures, thanks you ever so much, but could we all (I have made some bad judgement myself) please consider this.
I don't understand what you're asking to consider? I just post any little bit I can find. If you took away every picture posted that wasn't a size 14 or above, this thread would essentially have a handful of pictures. I post what I find and I'm not going to try and justify it.

facehunter

V.I.P.

And just a quick word of how pics can be deceiving. Here's a pic of "World Famous Bob" I found on Face Hunter

She actually looks quite slim and slender. But Bob is a burlesque performer whom I've seen naked (lol, on Pants Off Dance Off) and this is what she looks like:

mollycrabapple

Google her and go to her website, and you'll see that see really is "plus-sized" but most of our definitions (I think?)

backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanita
I might put some pictures up of myself, if I have the time, I would love to get feedback of what works and what doesn't. I'm not exactely as creative as most of these girls, but at least I am a 'plus size'.

No promise, but I'll try.
Kanita, I would love to see pics of you in some of your outfits. Understanding if it doesn't work out of course.

29-03-2007
V.I.P.

playlust.net (fab blog btw)

front row

it's very refreshing to see a lot of these pictures. not only do they have awesome, womanly bodies, they embrace them and excude such confidence and style! even more so, in my opinion anyway, than a lot of very skinny supposedly "stylish" people. i especially love so many of these girls from sweden. i would love to go there! kudos to this thread, many many many.

29-03-2007
V.I.P.

^ OMG, yes, the Scandanavians have such amazing style! It can be extremely weird, but it always lacks irony and pretention.

Sao Paulo Streetstyle

Athens Wear (a good one for girls who are above a size 4!)

V.I.P.

Austin Style Watch

patricia.no

Visions of Warsaw

V.I.P.

I actually found some sites with "real" plus sizes, or at least some, which is much more than most street style sites.

Panda Head

faceadelphia

Faceadelphia is actually really, really great for larger men!

V.I.P.

Melbourne Runway

pike/pine

Manchester Looks

backstage pass

Wow! I'm really liking some of the looks in these photos.

29-03-2007
God Save McQueen

some great pictures, im very inspired (which may be bad since im heading to the mall later and the last thing i need is to spend money ). i especially love the girls in the hoodies in post 173 and the girls in 178

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
size, streetstyle