How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Trend Spotting / Streetstyle
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

13-05-2006
scenester

Uchina: Thanks for the kind words! xoxo
Francesca: I have thought about doing that, but I'm kind of shy. I don't know if I could walk up to someone and just ask them to take their picture. Have you ever done it? Do you have any tips? haha.

XOXOXO

13-05-2006
about to fall or fly

i would suggest taking candids. you don't have to go up to people if you don't want to. however, if you do, i'm sure no one would turn you down - you can just tell them you're an aspiring photographer and that you like their style. but if you go to a busy district and just started snapping, i'm sure no one would pay you any mind.

have you checked out the new york or japan street style threads? there are a ton of candids in those threads, especially in the new york one, many taken by some tfs members!

scenester

Took some photos today on Haight St. If you like them, I might take more, so let me know.
XOXO

02-06-2006
stories everywhere

broken lolita! thanks for the pics! i love the girl with the vest and the cropped pants! fabulous!

windowshopping

awww
thank you, you're really making me miss san francisco. vintage haven!

03-06-2006
bonjour antlers

I looove them! :p

09-06-2006
scenester

Went to Haight and Ashbury today after work again. When I asked, a few people turned me down, so I got a little shy and decided to go home, but not before getting these stylish pics. Hope you like them!
Also, I was thinking, if anyone has certain requests, like a more sporty look, or more hippy, or businessy, let me know. I like going to Haight St because I consider it a bit more edgy and fun (and close to my house) as oppossed to going down town where the fashions are more tame. But if anyone would like to see something special, just let me know. XOXOXO

These guys are from Mandonna (an all male Madonna tribute band) and my new best friends. xoxo

09-06-2006
scenester

P.S. Do you like the pics bigger (like my previous post) or is this size better?
XOXO
Annalise

09-06-2006
windowshopping

Thanks brokenlolita! I like the size of the pics you just posted. I love going to Haight St. and finding good deals at Crossroads and Buffalo Exchange! Keep posting pics!!

09-06-2006
bonjour antlers

That's why I wish some of the people on the board who live close to eachother could get together and take street pictures. That way there's two of us so it's easier to be confident and more likely people will stop.

But I love the pictures, BrokenLolita!

10-06-2006
front row

BrokenLolita: Thanks for taking pics! They are great!

21-07-2006
windowshopping

Thanks for the pics BrokenLolita! I love the peeptoe shoes on #78 post.

25-08-2006
rising star

I used to live on Russian Hill in SF and when my mom had my little brother we moved to Marin County. It's a fashion hell out in the $uburbs. The kids just wear Lacoste and the adults shop at Gene Hiller and Loro Piana. Blech! Thank GOD I go to high school in the City! I'll take some photos. I have some friends who have great style.

27-08-2006
scenester

That would be great! It's getting lonely being the only person posting pictures. I can't wait for your pictures!
XOXO

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarceaux15
I used to live on Russian Hill in SF and when my mom had my little brother we moved to Marin County. It's a fashion hell out in the $uburbs. The kids just wear Lacoste and the adults shop at Gene Hiller and Loro Piana. Blech! Thank GOD I go to high school in the City! I'll take some photos. I have some friends who have great style.

28-08-2006
windowshopping

how about pictures out in the mission or out around western addition. i'll take some too!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
francisco, san, street, style