How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Trend Spotting / Streetstyle
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

31-08-2010
scenester

Hel Looks is incredible http://www.hel-looks.com/
Two of my old favorites are no longer active, oslostil.com and http://reykjaviklooks.blogspot.com/

01-09-2010
tfs star

^thank you! Definitely will check the first one out!

04-09-2010
Riot Bug

#50 niiiiiiiiiiiiice

trendsetter

i'm really looking forward to (mid-late) fall, thats when scandinavians really turn up the volume. i love the big, cozy, knitted scarves everyone will be wearing.

trendsetter

sthlmstreetstyle

V.I.P.

^ These were taken after a fashion show I presume?

18-09-2010
trendsetter

i dont think so, they were taken recently in sthlm, and theres no fashion shows going on there right now (that i know of). correct me if im wrong.

scenester

Love those shots from the Stockholm-Streetstyle.

Sadly I don't like that much HEL LOOKS. The styles are interesting and all, but it makes me feel bad while most of the people featuring there are not "normal people" from the streets, they are some sort of well known celebs and fashionistas that are wearing something they wouldn't wear normally. At least the guys that wear even funny looking clothes would get beaten on the streets if they would really wear that kind of stuff every day.

For example if I look at the front page of HEL LOOKS so Achilles on the front page is a famous Finnish designer not a walker from the street. And from page five Katariina is a well know actress and a weather girl. The list is endless, so I feel it's not genuine like in some other street style blogs. I think the authors should always tell if the situation is framed and that they don't call their friend to pose in outfits in front of the cam...

At the moment the blog gives a false picture what kind of looks the people in Helsinki have. Maybe I have to create a competitor that really does it the proper way.

20-09-2010
backstage pass

i adore the last girl with highwaistd shorts

trendsetter

stockholm

sthlm streetstyle

front row

Reviving this thread a bit....
I LOVE the first girl on #65, the hair, makeup, trousers...amazing!

Here's a few winter ideas from those crazy finns

From hel-looks

scenester

Quote:
Originally Posted by micey View Post
Love those shots from the Stockholm-Streetstyle.

Sadly I don't like that much HEL LOOKS. The styles are interesting and all, but it makes me feel bad while most of the people featuring there are not "normal people" from the streets, they are some sort of well known celebs and fashionistas that are wearing something they wouldn't wear normally. At least the guys that wear even funny looking clothes would get beaten on the streets if they would really wear that kind of stuff every day.

For example if I look at the front page of HEL LOOKS so Achilles on the front page is a famous Finnish designer not a walker from the street. And from page five Katariina is a well know actress and a weather girl. The list is endless, so I feel it's not genuine like in some other street style blogs. I think the authors should always tell if the situation is framed and that they don't call their friend to pose in outfits in front of the cam...

At the moment the blog gives a false picture what kind of looks the people in Helsinki have. Maybe I have to create a competitor that really does it the proper way.
Micey I fully agee with you on the Hel looks! I don't live in Helsinki now, but I'm from there and visit regularly and hardly ever see people dressing like that. In fact, the streetstyle is generally quite boring and monotonic. Nevertheless, I think you should start a REAL streetstyle blog from Helsinki and who knows, maybe the ordinary Helsinkians will eventually get inspired and step up their game a bit

scenester

Seems like the whole of Scandinavia is hibernating as there's not much happening here

Sadly I noticed that the Copenhagen Streetstyle blog has quit . Its photographer has started a new blog called "The Locals"
http://thelocals.dk/ featuring some street style fashion from Copenhagen and other cites, though it's not the same as the original one which I will sorely miss.

Copenhagen has a cool street style and you can actually see the people wearing those styles and clothes on a daily basis unlike for example hellooks and people of Helsinki.

windowshopping

I love these pictures

23-03-2011
trendsetter

I used to love Hel-looks and haven't been checking it as much recently. I am not Finnish, and would not know these people from Adam, but them I look at something like The Sartorialist and recognize tons of people. A friend of mine was on Refinery29 streetstyle recently even. So I assume it's something like that?

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#2, scandinavian, street, style