How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Trend Spotting / Streetstyle
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

17-04-2012
front row

I'm disappointed in the distinct lack of metal band shirts in this thread. These are, after all, the lands that all manner of awesome metal has come from.

Last edited by Vega Magnus; 17-04-2012 at 01:07 AM.

20-04-2012
windowshopping

reykjavík

facehunter

27-06-2012
Oh Yeah!

I need new posts in this thread for my life lol

fashion insider

^
Great photos!

windowshopping

Over half of the Stockholm Streetstyle shots shown here are not shot in Scandinavia, which kinda bums me out a bit, due to the blogs name.

This does, however, get me VERY excited to shoot in Copenhagen and Stockholm during August, and back in Reykjavik in late October.

front row

Can I just say that everyone in scandinavia has beautiful hair. i'm in awe of all these styles

front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumian View Post
Seems like the whole of Scandinavia is hibernating as there's not much happening here

Sadly I noticed that the Copenhagen Streetstyle blog has quit . Its photographer has started a new blog called "The Locals"
http://thelocals.dk/ featuring some street style fashion from Copenhagen and other cites, though it's not the same as the original one which I will sorely miss.

Copenhagen has a cool street style and you can actually see the people wearing those styles and clothes on a daily basis unlike for example hellooks and people of Helsinki.
I am just back from Copenhagen yesterday and I fell in love with CPH Street style.I spent most of my time watching people on the streets spending time at streetside cafes looking who wears what and how good they layer and how great their genes are I love the cuts and black (mostly) and white outfits.I think CPH was über stylish and underrated when it comes to bloggers (they dont have fashion bloggers as much as Sweden).I think CPH should be more pictured by street style photographers.I was too shy to ask people to capture them for my blog.but sartorialist can

and when we come to helllooks - after reading comments here- I am glad that not all helsinki wears clothes like I see at HELL LOOKS blog.It is totally different hippie-chic styles- nothing so close to total scandinavian style.

Last edited by glamrockgal; 25-09-2013 at 07:00 AM.
26-11-2013
fashion icon

Please someone revive this thread!

front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by MulletProof View Post
It's been years since I follow hel looks and I could never warm up to it , it's 'vintage shopping marathon' nightmare, I hate being mean but most of the people featured just look like they're wearing a bunch of rags for the sake of coming off as eccentric, with next to zero attention to actual detail.. which completely defeats the purpose of a great vintage piece imo, it's about finding items with a texture/color/embroidery/print/whathaveyou that isn't being produced anymore (at least not in the same quality), hence the thrill of it all. Picking up some mustard shirt big enough so that the shoulder stitching goes near your elbows, with a missing button and not caring about repairing it, styling it a bit into your expectations or how you envision the piece into your style and thinking you're just going to stand out pairing it with a pair of trousers with Hawaiian prints from the same store and hipster glasses with neon frames? it's kind of lazy and not at all creative for me.

This isn't just exclusive to hel looks though, I know it's global and I know sometimes it's refreshing to see people not caring enough instead of caring too much (blogger style) but, at the end of the day, how different both extremes really are from one another?

Sorry if that sounds dense, it's been on my mind for years and I'm bored enough to put it into words today.
I was going to write something along those lines but now Im just going to say I agree with the post above. Most of the Hel-looks are kind of ridiculous. Just another opinion.

29-01-2014
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vega Magnus View Post
I'm disappointed in the distinct lack of metal band shirts in this thread. These are, after all, the lands that all manner of awesome metal has come from.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#2, scandinavian, street, style