How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Trend Spotting / Streetstyle
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

28-05-2006
adi
fashion insider

i like these three last sets. it seems that seattle has also lots indie-scenester-hipster- kids which i find to be good thing
and i have to agree with you bixby, the girl posing wiht her mom has gorgeous hair

01-06-2006
This is the Renaissance

I go to school in Seattle so it's very exciting to see this thread. It makes me feel like I am in one of the style capitals of the world! :p

In #27, is that guy in the hat Santino from Project Runway? It sure looks like him.

I will say that it's very seldom that I see anyone dressed cute or interesting here. But I do almost always have a wee camera in my bag, so should I see someone I shall snap away. I have this weird feeling that if I were to do that it would be people who already post here!

01-06-2006
bonjour antlers

Quote:
Originally Posted by cygnenoir
I go to school in Seattle so it's very exciting to see this thread. It makes me feel like I am in one of the style capitals of the world! :p
But we are!

Quote:
In #27, is that guy in the hat Santino from Project Runway? It sure looks like him.
Yup. Santino's the best.

Quote:
I will say that it's very seldom that I see anyone dressed cute or interesting here. But I do almost always have a wee camera in my bag, so should I see someone I shall snap away. I have this weird feeling that if I were to do that it would be people who already post here!
Don't be afraid to post their picture. If they pose for you it won't be a big deal. And even if you stalker-snap a picture of them, it's okay. I'm sure no one will mind having their style be praised on a fashion site.

BTW, if you don't mind me asking, what school are you going to?

01-06-2006
This is the Renaissance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bixby
Don't be afraid to post their picture. If they pose for you it won't be a big deal. And even if you stalker-snap a picture of them, it's okay. I'm sure no one will mind having their style be praised on a fashion site.

BTW, if you don't mind me asking, what school are you going to?
Ohhh, if only I would see someone worthy of a photo. <sigh>

I go to the University of Washington (yes, I could have just said UW, but I know not everyone reading this would understand). Just today I was sitting in the library coffee shop being disappointed by all the bad fashion. Sure, it's nearly finals and yes, it was raining, but I have a hard time believing that my entire uni is comprised of smelly nerds. Nooooooo!

01-06-2006
bonjour antlers

Quote:
Originally Posted by cygnenoir
Ohhh, if only I would see someone worthy of a photo. <sigh>

I go to the University of Washington (yes, I could have just said UW, but I know not everyone reading this would understand). Just today I was sitting in the library coffee shop being disappointed by all the bad fashion. Sure, it's nearly finals and yes, it was raining, but I have a hard time believing that my entire uni is comprised of smelly nerds. Nooooooo!
Aha! That's because UW students wear Abercrombie & Fitch

I was downtown today and saw the cutest girl (except she had on leggings but I'll forgive her as the rest of her outfit was unique) but she was wearing bright colors and sportin' a mohawk. It was wonderful. I always see the best outfits when I don't have my camera. (Or when I'm on the bus! And I see stylish sexies walking down Pine.. arrrgh!) heh

03-06-2006
adi
fashion insider

^you have to start to keep your camera with you all the time. i wanna see more pics

03-06-2006
backstage pass

i love this thread. im going to look at seattle university this summer.. maybe ill be able to snap some picks

before we all go under

04-06-2006
This is the Renaissance

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodenhouse
i love this thread. im going to look at seattle university this summer.. maybe ill be able to snap some picks
I think you'll have better luck at Seattle University as it's on Capitol Hill. The students at Seattle Central on Broadway (again Capitol Hill) also have better style. Maybe it's because they have a Fashion Apparel program there!

The UW dress code is head to toe Hollister or 1992 hippie/grunge (not Marc Jacobs grunge but dirty smelly grunge). Apparently, I missed that part during my original Freshman orientation.

04-06-2006
bonjour antlers

^ hehe.

"That's the science building over there.. OH! And by the way, just so you freshman know, kids here dress like crap. And now on the left we have.."

We should get together and stalk streetwalkers for their picture

05-06-2006
This is the Renaissance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bixby
We should get together and stalk streetwalkers for their picture
Ha! I bet they'd charge for photos...

Today I saw a very tall African-American man wearing an eyepatch and a vertical white stripe down his face. He was waiting at a bus stop. I'm sure others thought he was mental (and he may have been), but of course, I thought "ooooh, yeah, street style baby!" I had a camera, but he was too scary in his own fashionable way.

And Bixby daaahling, I just realised that you mentioned mid-terms a few posts up ^ there! Where you you attend? And the fashion report please?!

05-06-2006
bonjour antlers

That's hilarious! I love crazy Seattle people. The next time I see this one lady (she wears every single coat she owns and has feathers stuck to the sections of her hair that's braided) I snap a picture or two. She wouldn't even notice. hehe.

And I go to the lovely Seattle Central. Woowoo! The style is much more diverse over here.. people wearing whatever they feel like. A lot less A&F. :p

05-06-2006
windowshopping

Wow. I live downtown Seattle and go to UW and I thought all of Seattle lacked decent style (Northface is like a mandatory dress code requirement here). Apparently I've been looking in all the wrong places! I'm impressed!

05-06-2006
front row

It's hard to tell the hobos from the ... uh, non-hobos around here. The same scruffy duds, the same scraggly beards, the craziness. I like it.

06-06-2006
bonjour antlers

Quote:
Originally Posted by crankypants
It's hard to tell the hobos from the ... uh, non-hobos around here. The same scruffy duds, the same scraggly beards, the craziness. I like it.
hehe.

07-09-2006
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by viva_la_vogue
i live in seattle!

people have great style here, you just have to look in the right places.
I agree - I live in seattle also. Its very different depending on which area you live in. Most of the stylish trendy outfits are in capital hill.

I seriously think that I am one only young 20 something person that lives in belltown. The average age for this area is 40+ Who dress very conservatively.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
seattle, street, style