How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Trend Spotting / Streetstyle
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

03-01-2008
V.I.P.

^oh the people i met were really nice....

it's just in a museum.
for instance @ the MACBA - not the big white building... the one where it's free... just in front... i guess it used to be a church... where there was a very good exhibit'... if you live in Barcelona go and check... it's named Joan or something...
well there was a girl to who we asked something... and i never learn spanish so we made efforts... and she replied to us in catalan, said one of my friend...
or in shops... people are not saying adios when you leave the shop... i mean in France i always say "good bye, thanks" and people are replying... here nothing...
but my french friends i visited told me it was very different from France on that point... it's just a different culture...
and i must confess in France it does happen too...

or when you ask something in a supermarket... i asked for "water with gas, something like Badoit, Perrier or San Pellegrino..." and she could hear i wasn't spanish... and she replied to me in catalan... but a very nice barcelona girl translated it to me...
i mean in France when you go to Bayonne or Biarritz or anywhere else in the Pays-Basque or in Rennes in Bretagne, people are not talking in their dialect to foreigners...

anyway do not worry i really enjoyed Barcelona....
there's always some bad points... i didn't care, i really enjoyed it... and i want to come back again...
it was really fun.... you have good times overthere... and it's not expensive! ....

12-01-2008
fashion elite

BARCELONE - betty ford + fellini, 01/10/08

facehunter

12-01-2008
fashion elite

BARCELONE - on the street, passeig de gracia & raval + on the beach, barceloneta, 01/11/08

facehunter

12-01-2008
scenester

OK the thing in here, and I think with many of the post from other countries or cities, is that we are showing how people dress in some points of the city, some clubs, and also some cities.In Spain people dress totally different in many cities, and also there is a big difference between the north and the south, asweel as some people throughout most of the country follow some European trends, as the scene-style, the nu rvae, the scandinivian style, so we see more or less the same in some clubs, here in Spain, or in Berlin, Stockholm, London, or even New York, but at the end that are not the ways the people dress in there. The scene children now are dressing in all these places in a style that was originally form London, and then mixed by the Scandinivians, but I think it is more interesting, showing, how origianl fashion from a country is, not what people is wearing in a precise moment.
I dont know if a made me clear, but to summarize its like I think its more culturally interesting to see here the longterm-country-style trends, that not the trens of the moment, because I think that if you go to an "alternative"club in Barcelona/Berlin/London/....you will find probably the same style of people, probably there might be some differences, but not that big.

Sorry for being so long hehe.

12-01-2008
windowshopping

Yeah, I think Rocio_rs is right. I think there are many diferences between north and south, but at the end everyone dress the same way... But that's the trend, that's fashion...
In my opinion, In Barcelona people is more "alternative" than in Madrid... I think that as you advance to southern cities, Sapin become less european...

19-01-2008
fashion elite

BARCELONE - play with me!, raval & barrio gothico, 01/12/08

facehunter

19-01-2008
fashion elite

BARCELONE - parc de la ciutadella + raval, 01/13/08

facehunter

21-01-2008
rising star

bread and butter fashion fair
some pictures!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bb1.jpg (42.4 KB, 487 views)
File Type: jpg bb2.jpg (55.3 KB, 488 views)
File Type: jpg bb3.jpg (50.4 KB, 486 views)
File Type: jpg bb4.jpg (41.5 KB, 488 views)
File Type: jpg bb5.jpg (32.5 KB, 487 views)
File Type: jpg bb6.jpg (66.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg bb7.jpg (51.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg bb8.jpg (216.4 KB, 2 views)

I don't know

I love Barcelona, it's my fav city in the world.. I spent most of fall living there and I just want to go back..

stylewise I have to say it's mixed, generally I don't really like the style of most of the crowd (which I find shocking considering the lovely clothes u see in stores) but when u see someone dressing nicely it' AMAZING .. unlike stockholm where generally the people dress nicely but u can hardly see people with amazing style..

23-01-2008
backstage pass

Fuencarral, Madrid (Enero 2008)

vogue.es

23-01-2008
backstage pass

Fuencarral, Madrid (Enero 2008)

vogue.es

23-01-2008
front row

Can I just say that when I lived in Granada the trend there was dread locks, mullets, and old ratty clothing. I was not one-bit impressed. The young girls were really into the 80's leggings and short, metallic skirts.

Last edited by shelley502; 23-01-2008 at 12:49 PM.
23-01-2008
trendsetter

very eclectic, mixed with weird colors.

windowshopping

I'm glad you post all those pics from barcelona's fashionable people, because I've been watching the street wear section in spanish vogue website and I think it's jst disgusting. Not very representative of what fashion is here!
Fashion in Barcelona and Madrid is different just like everithing else... life style, people, food...

24-01-2008
V.I.P.

facehunter barecelona

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
spanish, street, style