How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Trend Spotting / Streetstyle
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

05-03-2006
backstage pass

It's all about Queen St West.

07-03-2006
backstage pass

Its all about West Queen West (West of Bathurst).

08-03-2006
rising star

I love the fashion scene in Yorkville, its fun.
This pic reminds me of fashionables Toronto girls my age
http://www.torontostreetfashion.com/.../fashion_1.jpg

09-03-2006
backstage pass

^
god, i hate that style. it's so american LA.

when i go to toronto i cant even begin to count the number of UGGS and Sorel boots.

09-03-2006
scenester

I know, honestly. How can that outfit even be described as stylish? That's what most people are dressed like in Yorkville (even though I LOVE the area) I mean a Juicy zip-up and Ugg's!!?? I always love going on Holt Renfrew shopping spree's dressed really, really differently and vintage-looking because at first the people working there don't flock to you, and then you always surprise them when you buy a bunch of stuff hahaha. I can't STAND when people judge you based on what labels you're wearing, that's why when I absolutely splurge on a purse, I make sure it has no overt logo's (like the Louis Vuitton Murakami's ... ewww).

11-03-2006
windowshopping

I want to go to toronto!!.. I'm really loving that one lady's red boots!!...But then again I have a really bad thing for red shoes right now, and yet I can't seem to find a decent pair to purchase anywhere!!

11-03-2006
V.I.P.

Guys, if it's not necessary, please do not type in extra large font. On internet it equals to screaming and is not very appreciated.

11-03-2006
backstage pass

Yorkville is full of Over the Rainbow junkies. Can't handle it anymore...

13-03-2006
backstage pass

^ Ugh I know what you mean. I was walking through Holts the other day and I cannot tell you how many 14-16 year olds I saw with a pair of baggy sweat pants on, uggs a juicy hoody, and a little Louis Vuitton bag. I must have seen at least 8 of them. I don't understand the appeal of an outfit like that. :s

Last edited by ShesElectric; 13-03-2006 at 10:56 AM.
20-03-2006
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fezbatik
Yorkville is full of Over the Rainbow junkies. Can't handle it anymore...
it's unfortunately not limited to yorkville.... they're all over the globe....

21-03-2006
scenester

i encourage people in toronto to go beyond the scope of queen street, and take some photos in other areas, and go to real fashion forward events. There are plenty of up and coming designers and boutiques that have shows all over Toronto. I live in Little Italy, and there are always so many stylish people roaming the streets. the Toronto street fashion site is all well and good, but lets get some real fashionistas taking some photos

21-03-2006
backstage pass

Lipgloss&Cigs.

My job is actually to promote the west strip of Queen b/w Bathurst and Gladstone (Called West Queen West). Apart from the incredible independent boutiques, there are phenomenal cafes, antique shops, Galleries and interior designers who would blow your f'in mind.

You are right though, i think the majority of Torontonians go where they know - Queen W (E. of Spadina), Yorkville, Bloor, etc...

Who would ever think to go to Queen E? Gerrard India Bazaar? Bloor West Village? Uptown to Lawrence Village? Makes me glad I know the city so well - it means never looking like I only know Aritzia.

Little Italy does have some great boutiques, though there was one particular one I am thinkng of near the fish shoppe (closer to Isabella I think), and I don't remember seeing her shop there the last time I was on College. I think it was called Ramona or something like that...

Anyhow - if anyone ever wants to know what's going on along West Queen West, shoot me a PM and I can give you my contact info. We have some great things planned for the neighbourhood in the coming months.

Last edited by fezbatik; 21-03-2006 at 03:44 PM.
21-03-2006
rising star

West Queen West has the most amazing stores, and atmosphere. Deffinitly my favourite place to hang out.

Fezbatik, do you work in wqw?

23-03-2006
backstage pass

Emiika - yes I do

23-03-2006
rising star

At a boutique?

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
street, style, toronto