How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Trend Spotting / Streetstyle
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

19-12-2006
princely

Looks like the kahfiyah scarf has made it over here now....

Cordova St

Broadway

Joanna Newsom concert

an older posting, but I saw this girl the other day when working, said hi to her. She was still wearing the cat ears..

thecommodified

28-12-2006
scenester

the club scene is ok,,,average

17-01-2007
scenester

Hey all,

if you're looking for the best little-known places to shop in and around Vancouver, check out my blog, Stylefinds! I promise - no Aritzia or LuluLemon. Just the best and brightest of the local fashion and shopping scene. With a little extra stuff on the side.

http://stylefinds.blogspot.com/

Or you can find me posting at Beyond Robson, although I haven't been opsting as much there this month - life always seems to get in the way of blogging!

http://www.beyondrobson.com/

:-)
Shallom
aka Stylefinder

21-06-2007
princely

Some pictures from the only streetstyle blog in the city

thecommodified

23-07-2007
front row

Strut the Line show on Cambie
Shop Cocoon, a coop of local designers presented a fashion show on July 21st.
fashion show group02.JPG

Yes, the little girl was a model too. The T had a moose cutout in polka dots. The crowd favourite dress was the short green dress, it had great details on the back.

24-07-2007
I don't know

Hello chalice and welcome to tFS

thanks for posting but you have to put a source to that picture it's tFS policy =)

24-07-2007
front row

Strut the Line -shop cocoon
My mom took the picture!

24-07-2007
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DernierCri View Post
Oh wow, those pictures are pretty impressive, I must say! But where are those people? Why do I never see them on the streets?! Instead I see prepubescent girls frolicking around Kerrisdale, Robson, and Richmond Centre in the "uniform" (Aritzia, A&F, Hollister, AE, Lululemon).

I'm dying to check out Main St. and to rediscover West 4th, I've been so bogged down with school, all the shopping I've done since the summer was in the States. Oh New York.
Hmm Let me guess for some of the street shots... I walk quite a lot all over the place, so I should recognise some of these. Well the skytrain station there should be VCC Clark (the one where you stop at Commercial and then take the only one that goes backwards) so that is a bit far... on the east side.
The one with the white floor, it looks like a mall near Burrard and Dunsmuir--I don't know the name
The girl with the scarf sitting down is at UBC Campus
The girl in the blue dress on the street, with the red building behind her, that should be downtown.. I have seen that red+black building. It's walking distance to waterfront station
The silver building with the green hedges on the roof, that might be the Space Planetarium. I've been there for a lecture... it was night time though

RedGloves I've been to a bunch of shops at Main St and Cordova.. Some nice clothing, but not exactly super interesting. ..they just seem a bit like ordinary clothes, but at least wearable

Last edited by gius; 24-07-2007 at 04:33 PM.
25-07-2007
scenester

Quote:
Originally Posted by gius View Post
I've been to a bunch of shops at Main St and Cordova.. Some nice clothing, but not exactly super interesting. ..they just seem a bit like ordinary clothes, but at least wearable
Try going farther up Main St, Main & Broadway has Lark, Jonathan + Olivia, Hotbox Accessories, Pleasant Girl...then even farther south there is Eugene Choo, Barefoot Contessa, Front & Co, Madison on Main, Narcissist, Umeboshi Shoes, much more...all around the Main & 23rd/25th area.

25-07-2007
princely

Quote:
Originally Posted by gius View Post
Hmm Let me guess for some of the street shots... I walk quite a lot all over the place, so I should recognise some of these. Well the skytrain station there should be VCC Clark (the one where you stop at Commercial and then take the only one that goes backwards) so that is a bit far... on the east side.
The one with the white floor, it looks like a mall near Burrard and Dunsmuir--I don't know the name
The girl with the scarf sitting down is at UBC Campus
The girl in the blue dress on the street, with the red building behind her, that should be downtown.. I have seen that red+black building. It's walking distance to waterfront station
The silver building with the green hedges on the roof, that might be the Space Planetarium. I've been there for a lecture... it was night time though

RedGloves I've been to a bunch of shops at Main St and Cordova.. Some nice clothing, but not exactly super interesting. ..they just seem a bit like ordinary clothes, but at least wearable

Actually post 24 and 25

1: Lougheed Station
2:
3:
4: Seymour St and Cordova

1: Metrotown
2: SFU bus loop
3: Metrotown
4:
5: Not Clark, Production Way (since stairs are in the middle)
6: ??
7: Production Way Station

25-07-2007
V.I.P.

^then ignore what i've said

stylefinder thanks for the info!

26-07-2007
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourbestfriend View Post
from the commodified blog.
*please do not quote pictures*
Omg that dress/outfit she has is sooo cute!

Last edited by gius; 26-07-2007 at 12:05 PM. Reason: see TFS Guidelines.
21-08-2007
front row

H&M to open on Thursday in Coquitlam Centre
Very interested to see what H&M will offer.

(Let's keep this thread above Toronto's!)

How about showing what you've found this summer, or take pictures of the tourists on Robson Street?

Last edited by yourbestfriend; 12-12-2007 at 04:05 AM.
26-08-2007
front row

H&M coupon in their mag
The new H&M store generated some excitement here. They were offering 20% off coupons to the first 150 people. On the radio it mentioned that people started lining up at 4 am.

Any way, they have a 15% off coupon near the back of their H&M magazine, good until Sept. 30. It came bundled with one of my CDN fashion magazines.

I haven't checked out the store yet because I am not ready for back to school shopping The summer ISN'T OVER. The heat and sun just haven't happened yet...

27-09-2007
windowshopping

i noticed that yourbestfriend has stopped updating the vancouver forum with pics from http://thecommodified.blogspot.com. Well I just wanted to let you guys know that the blog is still going strong so give it a hit whenever you've got a sec.

Craig aka The Commodified

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
street, style, vancouver