How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Trend Spotting / Streetstyle
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

06-09-2005
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lady stardust

VICTIM-i believe 80's refers to the decade that the man's clothing or 'look' is from...not his actual AGE...

i know what you meant i just dont see how that is a fashion victim the description to me was that of someone who isnt fashionable

06-09-2005
Procrastinator.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VICTIM
hmmmmmmm i think someone should make a definition of fashion victim because i'm getting confused

to me a fashion victim is someone who is a slave to the trands in fashion most of them are lable whores though some people are posting people who just are'nt fashionable like teachers wearing shorts or whatever - thats not a fashion victim its just someone that isnt fashionable!
Maybe the thread should be changed to something like "Fashion Victims / Bad Fashion Sightings."

06-09-2005
front row

^^^ or something to that effect. Good idea.

--Kurt Vonnegut, Jr., "Cat's Cradle"
08-09-2005
backstage pass

i took this picture about a month ago, i couldn t believe this woman was walking down the street looking like this and she was with her husband, too sad
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 00.jpg (59.1 KB, 47 views)
File Type: jpg 001.jpg (53.8 KB, 32 views)

fashion icon

Today while eating tamales on East University, i saw a girl walk by...now her clothes weren't fashion victimy, it was just a white tank top and black skirt....BUT she was wearing black/grey platform sandals by Coach with the Coach logo pattern, and carrying a matching logo pattern bag in the same colors! VICTIM!

09-09-2005
urd
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by VICTIM
to me a fashion victim is someone who is a slave to the trands in fashion most of them are lable whores though some people are posting people who just are'nt fashionable like teachers wearing shorts or whatever - thats not a fashion victim its just someone that isnt fashionable!
thats how I see it too

09-09-2005
backstage pass

i saw a tiny girl (about 6 or 7 years old) wearing a sparkly brown crocheted cap, those icky shrugs you tie in the front (also brown and sparkly), a mini skirt, tights, and cowboy boots. Poor thing . Stupid cowboy boots. They're just the fashion industry's solution to replacing uggs.

10-09-2005
backstage pass

weeeelll.... i hate to let every one down here but i own a juicy terry dress but i use it to GO TO THE BEACH!!!!!!!!!!! where in my (aussie) seaside town its not tacky..... and id luv you guys to see what old women wear here - mu - mu city : for those of you who dont know what they are (and think yourself more fortunate before you knew) is usually see thru cooton dress scoop neck line, cut like a sack and sucked in at the middle with a line of elastic and also at the ends of the sleeves. usually kitch flower prints.... and in my town honey only the fat old women with their hairin rollers come out to do any early morning duties in this ensemble!
oh and i think the most horrible shoes in the worl are - that people seem to like are those kitten heels that have lost their cuteness as they have been morphed into a narrown ractangle that flairs out toward the bottom! ech WHY?

Last edited by fashionistasista; 10-09-2005 at 05:37 AM.
10-09-2005
Fierce Flava

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephora_Socialite
Goldmember couple in Trader Joe's....

Her- Gold headnet with gold flower, gold skirt suit with Big gold bead necklace a gold leopard brooch on her jacket, knitted cream top (with gold mixed into the weave), gold fishnets and shoes and clutch.

Him- golden suit, white shoes, gold cross brooch, gold chain, gold hankerchief in lapel
I SAW THEM AGAIN!!!!

This time for Sunday church they were orange.

Oh, I died when I walked into Trader Joe's and saw them yet again last Sunday.

10-09-2005
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by morgan38
A woman wearing two polo shirts:pink and green, a checkered knee length skirt (also pink and green), pink and green striped kitten heel shoes, and a pink and green purse. The woman looked like a ridiculous parody of the whole preppy girl look.
I know one of those girls once she wore THREE polos at once. Red, yellow and orange, of course all popped. She looked like a vampire.

Today she was wearing jeans, a pink & green t shirt that said PREP on it in big letters and a black sweater tied around her neck. Of course to top it all off she had a ribbon in her hair.

10-09-2005
V.I.P.

Fashion victims ramage in HK
Most of the ppl described in this thread sound like people who are fashion challenged/deluded or have an unhealthy obsession with Juicy.

In Hong Kong, you can see guys who are definitely fashion 'VICTIMS'. They're the kind of ppl who would basically buy everything that the HK fashion magazines tell them to buy. E.g. This month you have to buy THIS kind of sneaker, THIS model of LV bag, THIS exact pair of jeans. Then proceed to parade around the streets in their top to toe gear.
E.g.
Bape Superstar T-Shirt in a size 10 times too big
Evisu baggy, ridiculously low crotch jeans (the ones with the massive Evisu logo plastered all over the butt)
Bape x Adidas Limited Edition Snakers (the icky patent muticoloured ones)
LV Damier Messenger Bag
holding an iPod in a showy fashion in one hand
and the new thin Motorola cell in the other.
Whilst sporting a ludicrous spiky hairstyle dyed in 50 shades of brown and red.

HK is literally awash with these clones walking around.
Gets me really mad whenever I go back.

My blog - Style Bubble - http://stylebubble.typepad.com/style_bubble/
10-09-2005
backstage pass

saw this girl at school on friday - all fake.

fake 'dior not war' shirt, fake tsubi 'posh and becks' sunnies, too tight pants and a fake PINK chanel quilted tote

oh my god

10-09-2005
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fashionistasista
saw this girl at school on friday - all fake.

fake 'dior not war' shirt, fake tsubi 'posh and becks' sunnies, too tight pants and a fake PINK chanel quilted tote

oh my god
Maybe she was trying to make some kind of clever statement. Like 'Look at me....everything I'm wearing is fake...I'm totally fighting big designer label bigwigs!'

Ok maybe not....she probably is just clueless.....

My blog - Style Bubble - http://stylebubble.typepad.com/style_bubble/
10-09-2005
fashion icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by susie_bubble
Most of the ppl described in this thread sound like people who are fashion challenged/deluded or have an unhealthy obsession with Juicy.

In Hong Kong, you can see guys who are definitely fashion 'VICTIMS'. They're the kind of ppl who would basically buy everything that the HK fashion magazines tell them to buy. E.g. This month you have to buy THIS kind of sneaker, THIS model of LV bag, THIS exact pair of jeans. Then proceed to parade around the streets in their top to toe gear.
E.g.
Bape Superstar T-Shirt in a size 10 times too big
Evisu baggy, ridiculously low crotch jeans (the ones with the massive Evisu logo plastered all over the butt)
Bape x Adidas Limited Edition Snakers (the icky patent muticoloured ones)
LV Damier Messenger Bag
holding an iPod in a showy fashion in one hand
and the new thin Motorola cell in the other.
Whilst sporting a ludicrous spiky hairstyle dyed in 50 shades of brown and red.

HK is literally awash with these clones walking around.
Gets me really mad whenever I go back.
]

Hey Susie, you're from Hong Kong? I'm from there too! And I totally agree with your views on HK street fashion, especially among the youth...it's really mindless. It's even worse whenever I go check out Joyce boutique, i see guys who look totally out of place trying on a pair of Dior Homme pants then asking the sales if they come in baggier models as the ones they tried were too tight! 50 year old guys in Junya Watanabe polos and such...it's really tasteless!

I saw your pics in the what are you wearing thread though, you seem like a very stylish HK-er!

10-09-2005
trendsetter

A woman in a denim jumpsuit(AGH)...with fake Pink Dior Sunglasses, an awful Louis Vuitton knockoff...and pink leopard heels. Not to mention a rhinestone bracelet.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
fashion, today, victims