How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Trend Spotting / Streetstyle
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

29-09-2005
Of too many minds

Quote:
Originally Posted by VICTIM
^ maybe shecan afford them at full price?
yes, I'm sure she can...but she's a thrifty person and there's absolutely nothing wrong with that btw...it's just the way she puts things together..

{*princessimp.blogspot.com*}

29-09-2005
Power to the 99%

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiangsi1980
Ok I can't help it...but I have this colleague who has no fashion sense whatsoever.
I know this is really mean, and she's a nice girl but I like to entertain myself everyday by seeing what she wears!
Oh, you're really inspiring me here I work with someone (not a nice person I might add) whose clothes make me shudder on a regular basis. Today she was wearing a pair of slacks (fine in their own right--well, possibly sinfully synthetic) that never fail to bunch and crawl up her barely-there a** in a way that I truly have to steel myself not to physically react when I see it. But perhaps the very worst is that she does not own a single *proper* foundational garment. So one can be entertained by noting "where are they sitting today?"

30-09-2005
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylour72
I think everyones a fashion victim, we really are. I mean to most of us fashion is like a drug lol

But I'll say what i dont like:
girl wearing a pink wife-beater (under a white one)
with a slouchy shirt over it exposing one shoulder (the shirt went down to her thighs)
a pink plastic belt (it wouldnt have been so bad but it was on her belly over her shirt)
with a pair of Dickies (sp?) black capris
and pink ballet flats that looked like they were knited (badly)
Oh those knitted shoes are from Steve Madden, but appearantly Payless knocked them off.

I did see a gay guy (he was like 15) dressing his 45+ year old mother, He suggested the blue Optic rainboot to go with her distressed Guess jeans, there are soo many things wrong with that sentence. He wasnt too well dressed either, red Lacoste polo, cargo shorts, AE flip flops, dullsville, he did have a Tiffany's Atlas ring but nothing to make a big deal of.

30-09-2005
windowshopping

Today, I saw a woman with a fake as hell LV musette tango. It was old, beat up and peeling at the straps. The straps were pastey and the colour was 'ashey'..painful!

30-09-2005
lovely but empty

Oh em gee. I saw this chick who was uh, not exactly Gisele awhile ago wearing these really tight *** TNA fake yoga pants, rhinestoned red thong pulled way out, fake uggs, big puffy vest, one of those baby blue tees that says A EAGLE on it in pink rhinestones, dollar store sunglasses with mint green lenses, and this horrible juicy knockoff bowling bag. IN BRIGHT RED. The recurring themes in this fashion crime? Fake and rhinestones. Hideous. You know when your bag and your g string match you are tacky.

Oh, and I saw this girl talking on her Baby Phat cell phone.

01-10-2005
Of too many minds

Quote:
Originally Posted by fashionista-ta
Oh, you're really inspiring me here I work with someone (not a nice person I might add) whose clothes make me shudder on a regular basis. Today she was wearing a pair of slacks (fine in their own right--well, possibly sinfully synthetic) that never fail to bunch and crawl up her barely-there a** in a way that I truly have to steel myself not to physically react when I see it. But perhaps the very worst is that she does not own a single *proper* foundational garment. So one can be entertained by noting "where are they sitting today?"
Ah nasty colleagues...I have one in the same office too..and you know what, she seems to be inspired by the said girl in my above post and has started appearing in "boho" clothes too!

On Friday, this nasty colleague looked more like a belly-dancer, she was wearing a long tiered green skirt with a cropped tube top and a transparent black sleeveless tunic over it.
Very hard for me to be nonchalent by such a combination, especially in an office setting

{*princessimp.blogspot.com*}
02-10-2005
front row

Just about EVERYONE in this picture I took

They were mainly old people, but still ... the elderly can dress decently, too, right?

Iowa Girl at Heart

I saw an older woman carrying a shiny, shiny silver hobo purse, and she was wearing slip-on tennis shoes.

02-10-2005
fashion icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by VintagePearls
Just about EVERYONE in this picture I took

They were mainly old people, but still ... the elderly can dress decently, too, right?
heh, where was this picture taken? Seems like a fun event...

And I don't mean to nitpick, but i wouldn't really say those people are fashion victims...I don't think they're really trying to be fashionable in the first place. Fashion victim to me is someone who is trying way too hard to be stylish and fashionable...

02-10-2005
front row

It was at the German Fest

windowshopping

I saw a monster girl in a restaurant.

She was wearing a gothic laced hair band in front of her shockingly pink hair, dressing herself in all black clothes. She had the boyfriend dressing with all the black way, who seemed to have the same taste as her. I was shocked.

Last edited by utopia; 23-10-2005 at 08:56 AM. Reason: please refrain from weight comments
03-10-2005
Fierce Flava

A guy in a silk shirt and shorts combo in ugly fake Lv Monogram....

Wait I forgot about his Lv bucket hat and watch too.

03-10-2005
backstage pass

first day at the beach spotting:
  • nasty ball - y spandex bikini's
  • hairy old fat men in speedo's (or as we call them in australia budgie smugglers )
  • and really poor mass market plain swimmers - get some identitiy people!

06-10-2005
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fade to Black
heh, where was this picture taken? Seems like a fun event...

And I don't mean to nitpick, but i wouldn't really say those people are fashion victims...I don't think they're really trying to be fashionable in the first place. Fashion victim to me is someone who is trying way too hard to be stylish and fashionable...
Looking at that pic, I would agree. I say that a victim is trying way too hard and overloading on trends. But that's just I, and I also am sensitive to older people (my mother is nearly 80), so I leave older people out of fashion critiques.

07-10-2005
windowshopping

I saw a girl yesterday with a white tank with a lime green tie front shrug on top, beige cargo crops, cord beige blazer, camo cap, dressy long gold bead necklace and chandeliers, those heidious gold sequin fishnet bags and green plaid van type shoes. It was a nightmare for my eyes! Busiest outfit i've ever seen!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
fashion, today, victims