How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Trend Spotting / Streetstyle
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

21-01-2006
barack the vote

In the airport the other day I saw a family full of fashion victims. They were all wearing "status" clothes, but in reality they all looked stupid.

First up, Mom, I'm guessing she was about 43 or so. She looked like she had some work done in the boob and lip area. She was probably a cheerleader in her hey-day. I think her husband was a football player because he was huge!

So anyways, she was wearing:
-White Juicy tracksuit, w/ pink "juicy" on the butt
-Gucci heels with the monogram stuff on it obviously to show off that she can afford Gucci. Plus they had these awful, awful ties on them. Just cause it's Gucci doesn't mean its nice, hun.

Then she had a seven year old daughter. The daughter annoyed the crap out of me- -she was flipping her peroxide blonde hair at me and giving me cool stares, like she was better than me or something. C'mon, I'm twice her age. She was wearing...
-Blue Juicy tracksuit with horrid ruffles on it
Honestly, who on Earth buys 7 year olds Juicy??? They'll grow out of it the second you buy it!

But what I find even more disgusting is that the 3 year old son was wearing a Burberry shirt! Yikes, it's gross. what a vain, label-driven family.

24-01-2006
V.I.P.

Oh dear-I've seen a ton of fashion victims already and it's just Monday.

In one of my classes, there are these two girls who I kid you not, every wardrobe piece is Sean John, Baby Phat, Rocawear, etc. It looks bad.

About the jackets-they aren't flattering. Not to mention you're paying the same price for less fabric. Save yourself the trouble and buy a hoodie that isn't tacky.

And my school has gotten to the point where half the girls own a D/B or Coach or LV bag or a pair of Uggs-many all four. And there's even more girls who get the knockoff Uggs from the local sporting goods store.

24-01-2006
backstage pass

Trista, there are many girls like that with the Sean John... at my school but two or three mostly, its so tacky looking.

And not really to do with fashion but huge side-burns are sort of horrid looking.

25-01-2006
front row

There is a girl at my school who hangs out in the cafeteria all day, I wonder if she atends classes, she's allways in the cafeteria or outside smoking. Anyway, she allways wears miniskirts, high pointy toed boots or mukluks. She is a clevage fanatic and I wouldn't be suprizd if her boobs would pop out someday, too tight shirts and too much clevage. Blond hair and she's not skinny so her "love handles" are popping out from her too tight clothes, and she dresses like this in any weather, snowing and freezing, she will dress like she's on her summer vacation in Spain.
She is pretty, by that I mean she has a nice face, if she would dress less revealing and clothes her size she could be really pretty but she looks like a skank. I've actually wondered if she is one, she only hangs out with the 16-17 year old boys, allways the same group, she her self looks 18 or 19, never seen her with a girl friend. I get the chills every time I see her. brrrrrr

scenester

ahhhh girls at my school wear this
- everyone is going blonde, but like the really ugly yellow type and it doesnt even suit them, with visible regrowth
- the complain they have fat legs (which is right) and they wear skinny legs and mini skanky skirts
- Big blonde foils or tips or whatever with litarlly dark hair
- Some girls really do there hair and make up up, and where big earrings, but then they were a dada or baggy jumper you can find in deborah k
Yes its more there apperance but gosh
also another is way to much makeup..like wrong colour foundation etc

26-01-2006
lovely but empty

Ugh, the other day I saw this pre teen girl in HMV wearing coral colored tall uggs, these black yoga pants that were cut off just above the uggs, a bright turquoise halter top with cartoon characters on it and a fake multicolor LV ... and this was in Canada in January.

26-01-2006
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by susie_bubble
^Haha....we call them Becks over here...
From what I know having been bred by North West London, a Beck is a non-Jewish JAP. The English version of a JAP is merely JP.

26-01-2006
windowshopping

Girl at my school:
-coral pink zip up, layered with white, black, and grey beaters
-tangerine pink Armani Exchange Juicy-esque pants
-white and pink Nike Shox
-giant velour baby pink and black Juicy velour bag
-heart shaped hoop earrings

28-01-2006
V.I.P.

Ick.

At Costco alone:
Victim 1
Pink tall Ugg boots
Cheetah print capris with pink trim
Pink 3/4 sleeve top
And not to mention she's probably all of 9 years old.

Another:
blue oversized Helly Hansen outdoor jacket
blue cropped pants
Ugg short boots
And she was probably 9 too.

Costco is the prime place to see fashion victims.

28-01-2006
V.I.P.

I saw a girly wearring ripped skintight jeans-
no big deal right?
but under the ripped parts- where the threads were fraying- there was silver glitter- like patches of silver glitter under all of the intentional rips/ tears

I don't hate holy/ distressed jeans-

and i usually don't comment on other people's fashin mistakes- I mean the majority of people around here don't know how to dress at all, so it would be redundant to say anything

but this was so over the top that it deserved mention

backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutxpaste
In the airport the other day I saw a family full of fashion victims. They were all wearing "status" clothes, but in reality they all looked stupid.

First up, Mom, I'm guessing she was about 43 or so. She looked like she had some work done in the boob and lip area. She was probably a cheerleader in her hey-day. I think her husband was a football player because he was huge!

So anyways, she was wearing:
-White Juicy tracksuit, w/ pink "juicy" on the butt
-Gucci heels with the monogram stuff on it obviously to show off that she can afford Gucci. Plus they had these awful, awful ties on them. Just cause it's Gucci doesn't mean its nice, hun.

Then she had a seven year old daughter. The daughter annoyed the crap out of me- -she was flipping her peroxide blonde hair at me and giving me cool stares, like she was better than me or something. C'mon, I'm twice her age. She was wearing...
-Blue Juicy tracksuit with horrid ruffles on it
Honestly, who on Earth buys 7 year olds Juicy??? They'll grow out of it the second you buy it!

But what I find even more disgusting is that the 3 year old son was wearing a Burberry shirt! Yikes, it's gross. what a vain, label-driven family.
oh god u have to love them to me fashion victims seem to show their true colours at airports for some reason - perhaps they cant seem to coordinate comfort and style very well ... oh well its always something to amuse while standing in those horrible customs lines....:p

30-01-2006
scenester

Hah, most people in my town are victims. So much so that I don't pay attention anymore. Unless, it's really bad.

30-01-2006
backstage pass

I don´t know if the woman i saw some time ago is a fashion victim or an age victim. She might be around her 40ts but she was wearing a mini mini white skirt, white boots and a pink shirt which had written 'barbie'. Of course her hair was blonde (almoast white) and she was full of make up. She didnt have a bad body she was pretty slim but looked ridiculus on that outfit.

31-01-2006
scenester

Today at the local mall I saw a teenager with the denim skirt and leggings, but the real reason she should be on this thread is because she was actually wearing flip-flops! This is in freezing cold Michigan too...

02-02-2006
trendsetter

saw a girl the other day..
she was wearing green-yellowish cowboyboots
and wide-legged jeans upfolded and tucked into them...

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
fashion, today, victims