How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Trend Spotting / Streetstyle
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

18-05-2005
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naimah
There's this lady who comes to my store all the time. She has to be in her sixties but she dresses like a harajuku girl wanna-be; all pink and always carries that dooney bag with the crayon hearts. She also wears her hair in a half pony tail and puts brooches and stuff in it and dangles fake pearls from the base... Awful.
i abhor the dooney and bourke crayon purses! ahhh.

18-05-2005
Diamond

This wasn't exactly a fashion crime - just a crime of lacking tact...

I was driving the other day and had just gotten off the freeway. I stopped at the light and noticed there was a woman in the car next to me who was pulling out her upper lip hair with tweezers! The best part was the face she was making. So hilarious.

~Madeleine Albright
18-05-2005
rising star

i saw the most horrible Goth look last week.... a over 200 pound girl wearing a patent leather corset with a red net long sleeve top inside, she also put on a pair of utra platform knee high compat boots...combining with oily looking black hair and over smokey eyes... scary...

18-05-2005
when the rats run riot

The thing that gets me about goths and punks are... they think they're being so individual, when, in reality, there are sooo many people nowadays who dress like that. And they can't possibly be happy with the way they look (greasy hair is not only disgusting, but shows they don't know how to take showers)!

Also, I have to admit that I like Juicy. It has to be worn the right way, though. For example, I would NEVER have the word Juicy across my butt, but I think Juicy suits are good for everyday wear.

18-05-2005
V.I.P.

I saw someone w/ heathered gray spandex biker shorts on w/ an oversized t-shirt and a fanny pack. NEVER, EVER wear heathered gray spandex!! Even if you are going to the gym. Absolutely the most unflattering thing any woman can wear even if your stick thin!

In her case, she may not be a fashion victim. She may have just lacked any fashion sense at all. I suppose there is a difference. Right?

Anyhow, thought I'd share

18-05-2005
when the rats run riot

Quote:
In her case, she may not be a fashion victim. She may have just lacked any fashion sense at all. I suppose there is a difference. Right?
There is a huge difference... I would say she didn't have the slightest hint of fashion sense.

Quote:
My friend and I walked behind these two guys, both wearing the same bright colored polos (one green, one orange)..destroyed jeans and sandals..for literally 6 or so blocks they kept adjusting and popping up their collars.
I can picture that... I bet they were even wearing signature Abercrombie and Fitch colonge- jeez.

18-05-2005
rising star

em 692, i actually love goth/punk look, but it cant be over done, all the the people i see wearing it from head to toe just make me feel dirty..

18-05-2005
V.I.P.

^You're probably talking about two different things. I don't think she was talking about "fashionable" gothic/punk style.

Saw a girl wearing all denim. The jacket said "Baby Phat" in rhinestones or some crap.

18-05-2005
V.I.P.

i was one today i was ill with tonsilitis and i had some revision to do so iwas in bed most of the day and no one was going to see me so i went for confort factor i wore
baby pink lacoste polo, juicy couture pants, ugg boots (aka my slippers theyve never been worn out of the house)

18-05-2005
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curious

haha you raise an excellent point! i suppose one that has never HAD fashion sense can't necessarily be a victim of it....

18-05-2005
V.I.P.

So many girls in school & around town wearing pseudo Paris Hilton mini skirts. Not that hers are any better. You know, the kind she wears on TSL, cheap fabric and ruffles galore. Each trying to outdo the other to win miss skanky with the most visible skin title. Ehhh.

18-05-2005
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhlala
haha you raise an excellent point! i suppose one that has never HAD fashion sense can't necessarily be a victim of it....
Right. Which is why the show "How Do I Look?" is so screwed. They call the people on their show "fashion victims", when the only real fashion victims on the show are the host and stylists.

19-05-2005
when the rats run riot

"How Do I Look" is my guilty pleasure...

19-05-2005
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by em 692
"How Do I Look" is my guilty pleasure...
I dont like Finola very much, she's very flat. I do love What Not To Wear...Stacy and Clinton are fabulous together!

19-05-2005
V.I.P.

Im sorry but trinny and susannah are the best what not to wearer's !!! lol, im only saying that as i dont know who Stacy and Clinton are !!!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
fashion, today, victims